i currently know my ecid, and have my ibss and ibec files. i suppose i do not have my stuff "on file" with saurik because i got the error 3002 in itunes when it was contacting sauriks server (via the changed host address)

my phone currently has 3.0 installed but i edited a file trying to recover a password and was left with a phone that doesnt boot. therefore, i do not need a downgrade. just a restore overwrite of the same firmware

is there a way to put my information into saurik's "on file" section w/o physically doing it with my phone in cydia?

if not, my only alternative seems to be to wait for a 3.1 jailbreak and update to that, then ensure saurik has my info, but it seems like there could be a manual way for me to get my information to saurik's server. otherwise i am forced to use my old unlocked blackberry

thanks

Eddie
    2009-09-15 03:08 AM
    im on 3.0.1 stuck in reboot an can'T restore...don't know wehre i get my IBSS/IBEC from now :'(
    2009-09-15 03:24 AM
    Can't restore to 3.0.1 or cant restore at all?
    16GB Black 3GS limping on 3.1
    2009-09-15 03:43 AM
    i currently know my ecid, and have my ibss and ibec files. i suppose i do not have my stuff "on file" with saurik because i got the error 3002 in itunes when it was contacting sauriks server (via the changed host address)

is there a way to put my information into saurik's "on file" section w/o physically doing it with my phone in cydia?
    Unfortunately, the iBSS and iBEC files aren't enough information to make this very easy iTunes trick work.

if not, my only alternative seems to be to wait for a 3.1 jailbreak and update to that, then ensure saurik has my info, but it seems like there could be a manual way for me to get my information to saurik's server. otherwise i am forced to use my old unlocked blackberry
    You can also start using the server and try to do a restore to any firmware (including 3.1): this will register you for the service.
    2009-09-15 05:23 AM
    hmm is there any way to upload files to the server I have the files I'm on 3.1 and I need to get on file.
    2009-09-15 06:00 AM
    hmm is there any way to upload files to the server I have the files I'm on 3.1 and I need to get on file.
    Same thing for me, I have my ECID but I'm in 3.1 and I unfortunately did not do " Make my life easier, thanks! ".. :s
    2009-09-15 06:04 AM
    Unfortunately, the iBSS and iBEC files aren't enough information to make this very easy iTunes trick work.
    Saurik,

I actually backed up the entire personalized directories (all 3) which included the iBSS and iBEC files. If I have all of that information is there a way I can send you what you need (either manually or via web form) to get added to the database? I have both 3.0 and 3.0.1 DFU personalized restore directories (6 directories total).

FYI, I just did a while loop to copy everything out of /tmp when I did my upgrades. I did this for at least 4 other 3GS phones and posted my method on the dev-team's comment board as well so hopefully there are others in this same situation.
    2009-09-15 06:07 AM
    Saurik,

I actually backed up the entire personalized directories (all 3) which included the iBSS and iBEC files. If I have all of that information is there a way I can send you what you need (either manually or via web form) to get added to the database? I have both 3.0 and 3.0.1 DFU personalized restore directories (6 directories total).

FYI, I just did a while loop to copy everything out of /tmp when I did my upgrades. I did this for at least 4 other 3GS phones and posted my method on the dev-team's comment board as well so hopefully there are others in this same situation.
    i did the same thing, but i think hes saying its just simply not the same thing and wont work in place of going to cydia and clicking to backup your file

You can also start using the server and try to do a restore to any firmware (including 3.1): this will register you for the service.
    thanks for the info

i dont want to restore to 3.1 before its jailbroken because i dont want to lose the unlock (even though i'm on att). hopefully dev or someone will release this before apple stops signing 3.1 so i can get it on your server.
    Last edited by MegaGoo; 2009-09-15 at 09:41 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-09-15 09:41 AM
    When Saurik makes the process available via Cydia again (just like the "Make My Life Easier" from before) then you will be able to keep your phone jailbroken on 3.0 and still get your ECID saved on the Cydia server. The only thing is that you will only be able to downgrade to 3.1 using the Cydia server in the future, not 3.1 or 3.0.1

I am in the same boat as you.. was a little late getting my ECID saved for 3.0 but was able to get it saved for 3.1
    2009-09-15 09:47 AM
    When Saurik makes the process available via Cydia again (just like the "Make My Life Easier" from before) then you will be able to keep your phone jailbroken on 3.0 and still get your ECID saved on the Cydia server. The only thing is that you will only be able to downgrade to 3.1 using the Cydia server in the future, not 3.1 or 3.0.1

I am in the same boat as you.. was a little late getting my ECID saved for 3.0 but was able to get it saved for 3.1
    so you're on official 3.1 firmware?

well right now my phone is a paper weight since its boot-looping. i have to restore to something. i cant restore to 3.0 because im not "on file" and theres no jailbreak for 3.1
    2009-09-15 09:54 AM
    No, I am still on 3.0 but when I clicked on "Make my life easier" I was a little too late so my ECID was stored for 3.1 but not for 3.0 I am not going to upgrade to 3.1 until there is a jailbreak that will not change my baseband (I don't use the unlock but I'd like to keep it possible in case I want to sell the phone later).

Since your phone is in "brick" condition and you are not on file I think your only choice is to restore in 3.1 I hope you don't need to unlock your phone because upgrading to 3.1 will change your baseband and I think that affectively kills your chances of being able to unlock, now or in the future. Jailbreak for 3.1 seems to be coming out shortly though
    2009-09-15 10:02 AM
    No, I am still on 3.0 but when I clicked on "Make my life easier" I was a little too late so my ECID was stored for 3.1 but not for 3.0 I am not going to upgrade to 3.1 until there is a jailbreak that will not change my baseband (I don't use the unlock but I'd like to keep it possible in case I want to sell the phone later).

Since your phone is in "brick" condition and you are not on file I think your only choice is to restore in 3.1 I hope you don't need to unlock your phone because upgrading to 3.1 will change your baseband and I think that affectively kills your chances of being able to unlock, now or in the future. Jailbreak for 3.1 seems to be coming out shortly though
    yea thats cool. im just gonna wait it out so i dont lose my unlock. using a backup phone
    2009-09-15 10:05 AM
    I think the dev team is working on a way to jailbreak your phone in 3.1 without changing your baseband. They are trying to come up with custom firmware for 3.1 that gives you the necessary features but does not mess with your baseband. If they do this then hopefully you'll be able to restore your phone using Cydia's method to a custom version of 3.1 which will keep unlocking an option. Good luck
    2009-09-15 10:10 AM
    Hello Saurik, hello All.
    I'm trying to JB my iPhone 3Gs, old iBoot (359.3), FW 3.1.3, downgrading to FW 3.1.2. Mounth ago i sanded my ECID to GeoHot... but maybe the work of him isn't coordinate with the work of Saurik and DevTeam. I have a copy of the file purplera1nyday_XXXX. I whant only know if, with this file (if i could sand it to Saurik), i can have my ECID saved into Cydia DB. Anyone can tell me something about this?
    2010-03-10 07:32 PM
    I don't think so. You should bave sent your ECID SHSH through Cydia when it was offer.
    2010-03-10 07:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD