I think I am the few lucky ones that have my iPhone 3GS running 3.0 firmware hashed by Cydia.

Right now it has my ECID SHSH on file...but after reading saurik's post I am a bit confused

Is it the only thing I need to do is to ammend the host file of iTunes or I need to do another restore to 3.0 for the process to complete?

I ain't upgrading to 3.1 unless it's jailbreakable.
    2009-09-15 12:09 PM
    I think I am the few lucky ones that have my iPhone 3GS running 3.0 firmware hashed by Cydia.

Right now it has my ECID SHSH on file...but after reading saurik's post I am a bit confused

Is it the only thing I need to do is to ammend the host file of iTunes or I need to do another restore to 3.0 for the process to complete?

to future proof yourself, all that is needed is for you to edit the hosts file. No further action is needed unless you want to restore
    2009-09-15 01:07 PM
    I have 3GS (its my 1st iPhone , I got it 10 days ago so totaly nob) on 3.0.1 jailbroken and I have my ECID in Cydia ,followed saurik instructions about redirecting iTunes signing process , so the "hosts" file now looks like this (Windows XP):
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    # This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.
    #
    # This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each
    # entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should
    # be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.
    # The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one
    # space.
    #
    # Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual
    # lines or following the machine name denoted by a '#' symbol.
    #
    # For example:
    #
    # 102.54.94.97 rhino.acme.com # source server
    # 38.25.63.10 x.acme.com # x client host

127.0.0.1 localhost
    74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    I have some question , first , did I made the change of the host correct ? , I'm using iTunes for syncing on 2 computers do I need to do that on my other PC too ? ,what to do next ? , waith for dev team jailbreak method or?
    Thanks is advance and sorry about ny English

edit: here is a screenshot

Last edited by pece1976; 2009-09-15 at 02:36 PM.
    2009-09-15 02:27 PM
    I have opend cydia like 10 times today and still haven't seen any info on this I did save my ecid with it says I have one on file any ideas I want to read this and do what needs to be done
    2009-09-15 02:58 PM

you have to edit the etc/hosts file, then put your phone in DFU, then restore to 3.0 -> done.

I have 3GS (its my 1st iPhone , I got it 10 days ago so totaly nob) on 3.0.1 jailbroken and I have my ECID in Cydia ,followed saurik instructions about redirecting iTunes signing process , so the "hosts" file now looks like this (Windows XP):
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    # This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.
    #
    # This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each
    # entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should
    # be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.
    # The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one
    # space.
    #
    # Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual
    # lines or following the machine name denoted by a '#' symbol.
    #
    # For example:
    #
    # 102.54.94.97 rhino.acme.com # source server
    # 38.25.63.10 x.acme.com # x client host

127.0.0.1 localhost
    74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    I have some question , first , did I made the change of the host correct ? , I'm using iTunes for syncing on 2 computers do I need to do that on my other PC too ? ,what to do next ? , waith for dev team jailbreak method or?
    Thanks is advance and sorry about ny English

edit: here is a screenshot

that is correct. even if you didn't do it correctly, the worst thing that can happen is itunes won't restore.

I have opend cydia like 10 times today and still haven't seen any info on this I did save my ecid with it says I have one on file any ideas I want to read this and do what needs to be done
    you can't get the 3.0 ECID anymore, sorry
    2009-09-15 03:12 PM
    thanks Black Wolf , one more thing , I'm on 3.0.1 do I need to restore to 3.0 or I'm OK yo stay with this firmware
    2009-09-15 03:18 PM
    I have the ecid saved on jays servers I just want to know what to do now
    2009-09-15 03:27 PM
    I'm one of the lucky ones to have my 3GS ECID SHSH on file. Hence I can supposedly (if I can do it correctly) restore back to 3.0 at any time. Saurik is now going to host the capture of the 3.1 signed SHSH. If I do this again in Cydia, will this make me the lose the option of going to 3.0, or will it enable me to go back to both 3.0 and 3.1?
    2009-09-15 03:42 PM
    thanks Black Wolf , one more thing , I'm on 3.0.1 do I need to restore to 3.0 or I'm OK yo stay with this firmware
    it doesn't make much difference anyway. but when I understood saurik correctly, you can try 3.0.1 but it might not work. just go with 3.0 ...

I have the ecid saved on jays servers I just want to know what to do now
    Caching Apple's Signature Server - Jay Freeman (saurik) :-)

I'm one of the lucky ones to have my 3GS ECID SHSH on file. Hence I can supposedly (if I can do it correctly) restore back to 3.0 at any time. Saurik is now going to host the capture of the 3.1 signed SHSH. If I do this again in Cydia, will this make me the lose the option of going to 3.0, or will it enable me to go back to both 3.0 and 3.1?
    I suppose you can restore to both firmwares then
    2009-09-15 03:47 PM
    Thanks everyone, I just edited the host file.

In case I need to restore 3.0, now I just need to do it in DFU mode and restore with custom firmware 3.0 made by Pwnage tool?
    2009-09-15 05:41 PM
    Thanks everyone, I just edited the host file.

In case I need to restore 3.0, now I just need to do it in DFU mode and restore with custom firmware 3.0 made by Pwnage tool?
    you can't create 3GS IPSWs with pwnagetool. you just go to dfu mode and restore to apples 3.0
    2009-09-15 05:48 PM
    i did everything that is shown in screenshot..but apple still wont let me restore it gives me an error. i have 3.0 on file along with 3.1
    2009-12-05 11:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD