work for others, just reqd carefulg and do as it says.
    nee help just post it =p
    2009-10-07 05:08 AM
    Ok buddy im sorry to keep harrassing you this the last question I have I tried doing the whole saurik thing where you restore and get the message 1015 and restore again the problem when I did in the past during the restore it would only restore like half way or sometimes 3/4 of the way then it would have the connect to itunes screen. so if this happens to me and its only half way recovered and I get the message can I use your method with the quickpwn and it will work or do I have to restore two times im sorry Im so friken lost and pissed that I lost my jailbreak I just dont want to break my phone. The funny thing is which makes no goddam sense to me is i restored and upgraded to 3.1 like I said which by the way 3.1 sucks and where the carrier should say atnt it still says my name from when I jailbroke lol wtf !!!!!!!!!!! This a joke
    2009-10-07 05:14 AM
    lol you should DFU restore (youtube dfu mode, you know your in dfu mode when ur iphone has a black screen and is dected in itunes) twice. and you should get error 1015 from itunes and a connect to itunes screen. after doing both restores in dfu mode. after that use the post on the first page =p
    2009-10-07 05:49 AM
    I NEED ALCOHOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lmfao this is so funny lol
    2009-10-07 05:54 AM
    lop yeah. so ima sleep in like 15 mins bc im running a fever of like 101 and i have a sinus infection. so any questions before i sleep for 9 hours lol?
    2009-10-07 05:57 AM
    Do exactly as saurik said for the 2 restores. DFU mode for the first one. 1015 error, phone automatically put into recovery mode. restore again right away. Don't do anything, just restore to 3.0 again. 1015 error agan. Then do the QuickPwn part and get your phone to boot. Then you have the slide for emergency screen. Open itunes and let it activate your phone. Now you have phone service again. Run redsn0w. Now you are jailbroken WITH phone service. Then just hang out there, or you can follow one of the tutorial out there to get to 3.1 jailbroken.

If you are able to successfully downgrade to 3.0, you will ALWAYS be able to have a jailbroken & operational (as long as you are on the official carrier) phone at 3.0 OR 3.1 I have gone back and forth between 3.1 & 3.0 at least 5 or 6 times since Sunday. Currently I have 3.1 jailbroken and the actual phone is operational since I have AT&T.
    2009-10-07 06:09 AM
    im sorry your sick bro hope you feel better and L00i3 what happens after the second restore and the recovery bar isnt all the way can i still use that quick pawn like bondkt said thanks for your help
    2009-10-07 06:32 AM
    you can mate, its not supposed to go all the way (bc baeeband wont downgrade) so yea noq use quickpwn. let me know hot it goes, gn
    2009-10-07 06:38 AM
    ok im gonna do this sh*t here goes

Yo I love you people you all F in rock im back on 3.0 phone is activated now all i gotta do is jailbreak Bondkt you are the man I wish I knew bc I def take your *** out for some drinks!!!!!
    Last edited by Dajokeisonu; 2009-10-07 at 07:16 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-10-07 07:16 AM
    woot glad it worked, enjoy =p
    2009-10-07 05:18 PM
    How did you manage to get your carrier back?
    My 3G phone after a successful downgrade&jailbreak is searching, searching for carrier...

somebody...?
    2009-10-07 08:48 PM
    DFU restore twice, activate via itunes FIRST, thrn jb.

thats confirmed to work
    2009-10-07 08:54 PM
    Wow that was quick.... nice of you!!
    Two iTunes restores before jailbreak, did I understand you right..?
    If not kick me, no probs (I would like to see you reading a thread in french )
    2009-10-07 09:05 PM
    =0. i can barley do Spanish lol. and yeah two DFU restores ( put phone in DFU then restore via itunes).
    2009-10-07 09:20 PM
    Just to verify that this infact does work I was on 3.1 bc I screwed up my phone and got stuck on 3.1 from a restore. In order for this to in fact work you had to have that message in cydia in the home page at the top saying this "This device has a 3.0 ECID SHSH on file" then you must follow sauriks thing with the host file and copy and pasting it in hosts. After that you go into Itunes you have to have the 3.0 ipsw. hold shift and press restore. The first time your phone must be in DFU mode then your gonna get that message 1015 if you have the ECID file saved. Then Your gonna restore again but this time leave it in recovery mode thats the only difference. After you get the message again your gonna open up the quickpawn do what it says then when you see the apple click ok and your back in the game just jailbreak with redsnow. Itunes activates your phone the only thing that sucked for me was I had to create it as a new phone so I lost all my friken contacts lol but I jailbroke and it works!!! If someone knows how to get those contacts back bc itunes told me my previous restore was to old please let me know I had maaaaaaaaaaaad peoples in there but I can always re add them.
    2009-10-08 07:33 AM
    have em on your old sim card? and next time ssh into your phne, copy em then put them back in same spt later on. or use google contacts like me and have all your contacts in your email so you never loose any =p
    2009-10-08 07:56 AM
    yeah i wish I would have know that lol what im thinking is when there is an official jailbreak for 3.1 windows im thinking when it comes time to restore perhaps itunes will alow me to restore to an earlier date with all of them but who cares all my friends been textin me and we all know the same people. And to say another thing I heard people complaining how they cant get mms with 3.0 well I have it I did the itunes thing with the ipcc file i think its called and pic messaging works on my phone fine. Im so bored there nothin to do tonight but obsess over my phone my friends wanna kill me they threatin to break it everyday lol
    2009-10-08 08:06 AM
    Just to verify that this infact does work I was on 3.1 bc I screwed up my phone and got stuck on 3.1 from a restore. In order for this to in fact work you had to have that message in cydia in the home page at the top saying this "This device has a 3.0 ECID SHSH on file" then you must follow sauriks thing with the host file and copy and pasting it in hosts. After that you go into Itunes you have to have the 3.0 ipsw. hold shift and press restore. The first time your phone must be in DFU mode then your gonna get that message 1015 if you have the ECID file saved. Then Your gonna restore again but this time leave it in recovery mode thats the only difference. After you get the message again your gonna open up the quickpawn do what it says then when you see the apple click ok and your back in the game just jailbreak with redsnow. Itunes activates your phone the only thing that sucked for me was I had to create it as a new phone so I lost all my friken contacts lol but I jailbroke and it works!!! If someone knows how to get those contacts back bc itunes told me my previous restore was to old please let me know I had maaaaaaaaaaaad peoples in there but I can always re add them.
    Um, simple. Set itunes up to sync your contacts next time. Then press the sync button in itunes every now and then, or at least whenever you add new contacts to the phone.
    2009-10-08 09:32 AM
    Hello bondkt! This post really helped me a lot with the whole error 1015 thing and getting it to 3.0, thanks!!! But then afterwards I kinda had a problem with trying to back up my iPhone(3g). It said that my phone version(downgraded to 3.0) was too old to back up from when it was 3.1.2 and that I had to "set up as a new phone", restore, and back up again. I'm guessing its not possible, or is it possible to still be able to back up 3.1.2 stuff on a 3.0?
    Btw, I ended up going back to 3.1.2 again because I didn't want to lose all my stuff I already had on there like contacts, pictures, calendars, texts, and notes from the entire jailbreaking process. =T
    2009-10-12 11:58 AM
    yea impossible to restore from 3.1.2 if your phone is on 3.0. just stay on 3.1.2 and jailbreak it:

windows: blackra1n
    2009-10-12 04:06 PM
142 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD