huzzyz it doesnt matter what version you have on your phone. This app simulates the request that iTunes sends WHEN YOU DO UPDATE.

It then stores the response that apple sends back for future use with TinyTSS.

That is all.

As for obtaining your 3.0.1 ecid shsh files. It is _not_ possible anymore... unless you work for apple and have access to their "Apple Root CA Certificate"... even then you would need the passphrase attached to it to sign anything... but all of that is moot as you have no way of getting your 3.0.1 ecid shsh files.

*IF* cydia really had your 3.0 ecid shsh files, you can follow the directions in the readme to change your hosts file to point to cydia (Saurik) and execute:

umbrella -v 3.0 -e (YOUR-ECID)

or

java -jar umbrella.jar -v 3.0 -e (YOUR-ECID)

As of now, if you cannot get a blob from sauriks machine it is because you do not have one on his machine.

NOTE: I have updated that blog 100s of times. Go back to it now and download the latest. That MAY be your issue as I have fixed about a billion bugs.
    2009-09-22 01:30 PM
    huzzyz it doesnt matter what version you have on your phone. This app simulates the request that iTunes sends WHEN YOU DO UPDATE.

It then stores the response that apple sends back for future use with TinyTSS.

That is all.

As for obtaining your 3.0.1 ecid shsh files. It is _not_ possible anymore... unless you work for apple and have access to their "Apple Root CA Certificate"... even then you would need the passphrase attached to it to sign anything... but all of that is moot as you have no way of getting your 3.0.1 ecid shsh files.

*IF* cydia really had your 3.0 ecid shsh files, you can follow the directions in the readme to change your hosts file to point to cydia (Saurik) and execute:

umbrella -v 3.0 -e (YOUR-ECID)

or

java -jar umbrella.jar -v 3.0 -e (YOUR-ECID)

As of now, if you cannot get a blob from sauriks machine it is because you do not have one on his machine.

NOTE: I have updated that blog 100s of times. Go back to it now and download the latest. That MAY be your issue as I have fixed about a billion bugs.
    Thanks for replying. I understand most of it, just one more clarification required, how is there a blob of 3.1 on saurik's server :-s
    2009-09-22 04:25 PM
    Thanks for replying. I understand most of it, just one more clarification required, how is there a blob of 3.1 on saurik's server :-s
    Technically, there might not be right now.

If the 3.1 SHSH is not on Saruik's server, then it forwards the request to Apple's server to get it.
    iGuru, aka macdotnub/mac.nub - Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/macdotnub
    Get your ECID SHSH file! (For 3GS Restore verification) http://bit.ly/JnDw2 (Thanks to semaphore!)
    2009-09-22 04:32 PM
    Technically, there might not be right now.

If the 3.1 SHSH is not on Saruik's server, then it forwards the request to Apple's server to get it.
    I suppose that makes sense, thank you guys. Great work with the tools. Work is highly appreciated. I am just going to wait till dev team releases the jailbreak. My phone is hardware unlocked so i don't have to worry about the unlock bit but not taking any chances.

Thank you once again.
    2009-09-22 04:41 PM
    thank you xsemaphorex for the great tools
    my iphone is from usa and needs to be activated using sim card at&t, itunes, and internet connection
    apple can just also stops activation of unsupported firmware or sim cards
    then if jailbreak is not released i never be able to hactivate the phone
    Could you please investigate the possibility of creation the offline activation tool?
    It will be usefull when the sim card is expared
    Within the offline activation, it's possible to use proxy sim without jailbreaking
    Thanks again,
    and sorry for bad english
    2009-09-24 10:30 AM
105 ... 456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD