User Tag List

i doubt many people here can read Vietnamese.
    2009-09-25 04:26 AM
    i keep on getting the 1015 error everytime i try to restore =[ should i restart my computer and try? my wireless is very finicky on this computer and most of the time if i restart i loose my wireless and it usually takes me like 30 minutes to get it working again > . < any other ideas? gonna try 3.0.1 next cause i might have done 3.0.1, cause i know i did the redsnow version of updating to 3.0.1 instead of itunes. anyways...i keep on getting the 1015 error =[ any ideas?
    2009-09-25 05:12 AM
    Ok so im fairly new to this and to not be a noob, ive searched and looked for an answer and cant find it so if someone could help me id appreciate it.. I have followed all the instructions in the thread and have tinytss working great got my ssh code and i have itunes 9.0, however when i go to restore my iphone and choose software it says its verifying it in itunes and you can see tinytss do its thing, however i keep on getting an error 20. Ive been trying to do this now for 4 hours if anyone could help me it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    2009-09-25 05:32 AM
    i keep on getting the 1015 error everytime i try to restore =[ should i restart my computer and try? my wireless is very finicky on this computer and most of the time if i restart i loose my wireless and it usually takes me like 30 minutes to get it working again > . < any other ideas? gonna try 3.0.1 next cause i might have done 3.0.1, cause i know i did the redsnow version of updating to 3.0.1 instead of itunes. anyways...i keep on getting the 1015 error =[ any ideas?
    Did you read saurik's post (link in the sticky with the title like "from the fingers of saurik" or something similar.

Unknown error 1015 = expected behavior. You need to run the restore twice (and get error 1015 twice). Then look for the thread titled "1015 error...stuck confused?" or something similar (I think the author's name is bondkt) to get a link to QuickPwn to get the new baseband to boot with the old operating system. Real simple, should take maybe an hour tops to be jailbroken again. And you will be happy like I was last night when I saw just how simple it was to be jailbroken again with an operational phone app.

If you try 3.0.1, you will most likely get the 3002 error which means you don't have the SHSH for 3.0.1 saved with saurik. stick with 3.0 as the 1015 "error" means it is working. Leave it to Apple to call a good thing an error.
    2009-09-25 05:49 AM
    I figured out my problem as to why I was getting the error 20. The reason why is because I didnt have it in DFU mode. I loaded the software 3.0 software on my phone and im in process of jailbreaking it now with REDSNOW 0.8. So hopefully all works well! Great tutorial. Thanks!!
    2009-09-25 06:47 AM
    phone says that ecid shsh sidya on file..
    i am trying to copy shsh file from sidya server but getting error - HTTP ERROR:500

host file is -
    #127.0.0.1 gs.apple.com
    #127.0.0.1 localhost
    #::1 localhost
    74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com

what I am doing wrong?
    2009-09-25 08:54 AM
    I'm (pretty) sure that I have on file with Cydia,

and stupidly I restored my iPhone (without any reason)

and I had to upgrade to 3.1 (Damm)

When I tried to downgrade, I found out I might not have on file with Cydia..

I did it (ECID SHSH collected by Cydia) today afternoon and

"Does it take time that server post my ECID SHSH?"

I also tried restore via itunes, but it says error(3004).

If I post my ECID digit and anybody can check

that I've been collected by Cydia?

I'm the stupid one..

Many thanks.
    2009-09-25 09:59 AM
    i doubt many people here can read Vietnamese.

Many people don't bother to read English either
    2009-09-25 09:59 AM
    Just a little information for those who have AT&T as their main carrier service the easiest way to reactivate the phone is to jailbreak useing purplera1n
    I edited your quote there a tad to sum up the point. I already knew this - and stupidly didn't include it in the guide. It has now been updated to say this. Thanks for reminding me - And np, glad it did work out for you in the end

all I want to do is to send my ECID to the Cydia server to have it backed up.
    I dont have Cydia on my iphone since I have 3.1 and well it's in jail for now.
    Follow the guide from the beginning to the end of step 2. Your ECID should then be on file with Saurik's server (and while you're at it, keep the file it generates in a safe place too in case you ever need it!)

Sao ḿnh làm hoài không được nhỉ ?
    Ḿnh ở Việt Nam .
    Chán quá đi !
    I'm afraid I have no idea what you are saying, I tried a translator but that made no sense either. If you want help you're going to have to ask in English, sorry.

i keep on getting the 1015 error everytime i try to restore =[
    Read Part 4 - Using iTunes to downgrade. It explains that this is normal... and exactly what to do.

I figured out my problem as to why I was getting the error 20. The reason why is because I didnt have it in DFU mode. I loaded the software 3.0 software on my phone and im in process of jailbreaking it now with REDSNOW 0.8. So hopefully all works well! Great tutorial. Thanks!!
    Glad to hear you got it sorted. If you're on the official carrier, you won't get any signal after using RedSn0w - so use Purplera1n instead.

what I am doing wrong?
    Your hosts file should look like this:

Code:
    127.0.0.1       localhost
    ::1             localhost
    74.208.105.171  gs.apple.com
    If I post my ECID digit and anybody can check that I've been collected by Cydia?
    If you tried to restore while pointing to Saurik's server, your ECID will be on file.
    If you didn't try that, follow the guide from the beginning to the end of step 2. Your ECID should then be on file with Saurik's server (and while you're at it, keep the file it generates in a safe place too in case you ever need it!)
    Last edited by iGuru; 2009-09-25 at 11:50 AM.
    iGuru, aka macdotnub/mac.nub - Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/macdotnub
    Get your ECID SHSH file! (For 3GS Restore verification) http://bit.ly/JnDw2 (Thanks to semaphore!)
    2009-09-25 11:09 AM

Your hosts file should look like this:

Code:
    127.0.0.1       localhost
    ::1             localhost
    74.208.105.171  gs.apple.com
    the same error - HTTP ERROR:500
    maybe something wrong with server?
    2009-09-25 11:31 AM
    iGuru:

lmao look at what you've gotten yourself into

I think I'll take this opportunity to quietly fade away...
    2009-09-25 11:33 AM
    the same error - HTTP ERROR:500
    maybe something wrong with server?
    Ugh, I should have noticed this the first time. http error 500 is internal server error. It meant there was something wrong with Saurik's server.
    I just tried it manually, and it just worked fine. So try again.

Note: Make sure you have the latest version of Umbrella before trying!

lmao look at what you've gotten yourself into
    I think I'll take this opportunity to quietly fade away...
    Quick, hide in the corner before someone notices you

In all seriousness, I need to spend less time answering questions and more time working.
    I may only have 87 posts but you can see the number of questions I'm answering in each of them... lol.

---

Right, now I'm going to get on with some work. I'll be on later today to answer any further questions.
    Last edited by iGuru; 2009-09-25 at 11:55 AM.
    Get your ECID SHSH file! (For 3GS Restore verification) http://bit.ly/JnDw2 (Thanks to semaphore!)
    2009-09-25 11:49 AM
    Ugh, I should have noticed this the first time. http error 500 is internal server error. It meant there was something wrong with Saurik's server.
    I just tried it manually, and it just worked fine. So try again.

Note: Make sure you have the latest version of Umbrella before trying!
    nope... still the same - HTTP ERROR:500
    umbrella is the last version.
    ps. umbrella is not at desktop. it is on "D" drive. and command is: umbrella -c (your ecid) -v 3.0.1

one question, to download shsh from Saurik's server command should be
    1. umbrella.exe -c (your ecid) -v 3.0.1
    2. umbrella.exe -e (your ecid) -v version -c chipid
    difference between -c and -e

if I am trying to download with -c, I am getting http error:500
    if I am trying to download with -e, umbrella creating shsh files... with 3.0 and 3.0.1 - 1kb, with 3.1 - 64kb
    Last edited by Stassseg; 2009-09-25 at 01:25 PM.
    2009-09-25 12:00 PM
    Ive went through all the steps and ive did the downgrade twice and then went to purplera1n and did the unlock. Everything goes through fine but then it brings me back to the screen with the usb cable on it, my springboard doesnt come up.. Anyone have any ideas?

Nevermind i figured it out. Connected it back to itunes and it worked!
    Last edited by jasong80; 2009-09-25 at 04:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-09-25 04:56 PM
    First of all, let's get something straight.

It is not possible to downgrade/restore your iPhone 3GS to 3.0/3.0.1 unless you backed up your 3.0/3.0.1 ECID SHSH via Cydia on the few days that you were actually able to
    What does that mean via Cydia on the "few days"??

Cydia takes some time that generating my ECID SHSH?

Could not be able to downgrade right after the backed up with Cydia??
    2009-09-25 06:21 PM

Cydia takes some time that generating my ECID SHSH?

Could not be able to downgrade right after the backed up with Cydia??
    Well im not someone that's as knowledgeable as the TS, the creater of umbrella and many other iphone gurus out there but here's what i can help for your situation.

Cydia now only collects 3.1 SHSH to saurik's on file server. Which means that during that "FEW DAYS", i believe only a lucky number of 50,000 3.0 iphone SHSH was stored on file. So when you jailbreak your iphone now with a 3.0 f/w, your cydia will say "this device has a 3.1 (THREE POINT ONE) shsh on file.

so yeah, for the unlucky ones, you will never be able to downgrade/restore to f/w 3.0 BUT we're still able to restore to a custom 3.1 ipsw that is jailbreakeable once it is out by the dev team.

Hope that answers your question.

and a tiny question to TS, So for those lucky ones that has 3.0 on file, does that mean they are only able to downgrade to 3.0 f/w with a 3.1 baseband and also instead of a fresh 3.0 restore, it will be a jailbroken 3.0 restore, yes??

thanks in advance, MAQ.
    2009-09-25 07:03 PM
    if I am trying to download with -c, I am getting http error:500
    if I am trying to download with -e, umbrella creating shsh files... with 3.0 and 3.0.1 - 1kb, with 3.1 - 64kb
    No wonder you were getting an error. You were doing completely the wrong thing.

-e is for your ECID.
    -c is for the iPhone chipID (as in, the ID of the chip inside it, which for the iPhone 3GS is 8920) by default you do not have to specify this.

As for your files, obviously you only have a 3.1 ECID SHSH, the other two are not on file. Which means you can never downgrade to 3.0 or 3.0.1, only 3.1.

It means you can not do this any more.

and a tiny question to TS, So for those lucky ones that has 3.0 on file, does that mean they are only able to downgrade to 3.0 f/w with a 3.1 baseband and also instead of a fresh 3.0 restore, it will be a jailbroken 3.0 restore, yes??

thanks in advance, MAQ.
    No, actually they can restore 3.1 -> 3.0, 3.0.1 -> 3.0, 3.0 -> 3.0.

Nor do you actually have to jailbreak after a downgrade - there is another way to kick the iPhone out of restore mode (using iRecovery) - I considered including this in the guide, but it just makes things more complicated, it is much easier for people to just Jailbreak their iPhone at the end.
    2009-09-25 07:27 PM
    iGuru

if I have only 3.1 on file, I should wait jailbroke for 3.1 and after upload custom 3.1 to phone?
    2009-09-25 07:45 PM
    iGuru

if I have only 3.1 on file, I should wait jailbroke for 3.1 and after upload custom 3.1 to phone?
    Yes, I would suggest that would be the best thing for you to do.
    2009-09-25 08:11 PM
    Any users using the official carriers (Such as o2 in the UK, AT&T in the US, etc.) should use Purplera1n to do this because it does not do a fake activation of the phone (which will stop the official carrier from working), people using unofficial carriers should use RedSn0w instead.
    Correction: redsn0w handles both fake activation and legit activation.

If you've already activated through iTunes at that firmware version at least once, it leaves it at legit activation. If you haven't, it fake activates. So it handles both official and unofficial carriers.
    2009-09-25 09:54 PM
678 ... 8910111220 ...