yeah i already upgraded to 3.1
    so its pretty much no good to me?
    ya you're stuck for now.

I'm one of the unlucky millions who has not been able to get their file on cydia's server for 3.0.1 firmeware. Now i didn't even know a thing about this until yesterday my phone went into the dredded apple boot logo/wheel of death

What I would like to know is, as my iphone is completely useless until JB for the 3.1 comes out, and having read all of the posts I know not to upgrade till it is out, how do i get my ecid/shsh/blob on cydia's server with a phone that doesn't boot?

Btw I have a factory unlocked iphone 3gs and do not need any sort of unlocking whatsoever. But i did read the section on the iphone dev teams' page that said if i had bought my iphone 3gs for (which i obviously have) i will be able to upgrade to 3.1 and JB with pwnage?
    try irecovery first and see if you can at least get back to a working phone without updating.

use usbview to find your ECID #

use firmware umbrella to get your 3.1 ecid (your ONLY choice at this date) info stored on the Cydia server or your own PC, depending on where your host is pointing.

when the 3.1 JB is released you will be able to upgrade to 3.1 with a modified IPSW and be jailbroken and preserve your baseband, which will allow you to unlock. untill then...

DON'T UPGRADE YOUR FIRMWARE
    Last edited by Madman604x; 2009-10-01 at 07:31 PM.
    2009-10-01 07:28 PM
    you can only get your ecid hash for 3.1 you're far too late for 3.0 or 3.01

Understood, thanx.

again you only choice NOW is 3.1. you can JB and unlock if its 3.0 or 3.0.1 BUT if your phone evrer needs a restore, guess what you're stuck at? yup 3.1

get it now. 3.1 can still be jailbroken. get your ECID for 3.1 and you can stay at 3.1. no garantee any future firmwares will be hackable.
    Wait your saying "get it now. 3.1 can still be jailbroken" I thought the Dev Team has yet to release the 3.1JB?

Thanx, again I fully understand that i'm not eligible for 3.0 or 3.0.1 my attention is fully on securing 3.1fw for future safekeeping on a non-JB'en 3GS with 3.1fw and not bricking it at the same time.

Could I do this as Saurik states on his blog and not brick virgin 3GS 3.1fw new iphone without even JB'in it?

"This point should be stressed: even if you don't jailbreak, and even if you never intend to jailbreak, you should consider using the new "on file" service.

Let's say that Apple releases an OS upgrade in the future, you take it, and they break something important. Maybe they break your e-mail account, or your todo list. Your business is now crippled.

If only you could downgrade, right? Alas, Apple won't let you anymore. That's where the new signature cache server comes in: by doing your restores through this server you secure your ability to not accept upgrades from Apple if the need is dire."
    2009-10-01 07:37 PM
    Wait your saying "get it now. 3.1 can still be jailbroken" I thought the Dev Team has yet to release the 3.1JB?
    What he's saying is get it now while it's possible to get the ECID SHSH. That protects you in the future after 3.1 jailbreak gets released. Eventually Apple will update the OS, and stop signing 3.1. You will be able to stay at a jailbreakable firmware. Just because the tools to jailbreak 3.1 on a 3G[S] haven't been released yet doesn't mean they aren't coming.
    2009-10-01 07:44 PM
    ^^ i couldn't have said it better myself

if you wait to get a 3G[S], who knows what g0dforsaken firmware will be on it. Grab one now, in my opinion...or wait for 4G
    2009-10-01 08:04 PM
    It is really going to suck once apple secures the verification process. I have my 3.0 SHSH on file with Cydia, but how do I get the 3.1 SHSH on file? After I jailbreak my 3GS to 3.1(whenever the JB is released)?
    2009-10-01 08:14 PM
    ^^ i couldn't have said it better myself

if you wait to get a 3G[S], who knows what g0dforsaken firmware will be on it. Grab one now, in my opinion...or wait for 4G
    Truthfully, I was waiting for two reasons, 1st for the Dev Team 3.1JB and 2nd,im in one of the 6 US cities that will debut by the end of the year with HSPA 7.2Mps via ATandT.

But now news(just found out last nite)to me of this info being released by Saurik and I'm all over it.

My concern is that in getting the "unique-chip-id" and Signature Hash on a non-JB 3.1 3GS iphone that I will brick it in the process. I guess even if I do it would not matter because since it's on 3.1 a restore to 3.1 would not make a difference.

Please, keep in mind I have not purchased it yet. I'm just assuming that it will come with 3.1fw. Do you guys think I could still have a chance at getting a new 3GS with the older 3.0 or 3.0.1fw on it? Or all new 3GS's coming out now all have that dreaded 3.1 on it?
    2009-10-01 08:21 PM
    Pretty much. even if you are able to downgrade the main OS back to 3.0, you will not be able to downgrade the baseband. I'm serious tho, I got $50 for ya for that phone if it works other than being able to be unlocked.
    add another zero and we got a deal
    :P
    2009-10-01 08:51 PM
    iH8sn0w I Released iREB 3.1-3 -->
    http://ih8sn0w.com | It has Credits and a 3G[S] SHSH Grabber for 3.1 |
    Also, more stable.19 minutes ago from web

iH8sn0w has release iReb v3.1-3 for windows !
    Last edited by skyhate; 2009-10-01 at 10:20 PM.
    2009-10-01 10:14 PM
    iH8sn0w I Released iREB 3.1-3 -->
    iH8sn0w | It has Credits and a 3G[S] SHSH Grabber for 3.1 |
    Also, more stable.19 minutes ago from web

iH8sn0w has release iReb v3.1-3 for windows !
    Nice! Is there a tutorial or "ReadMe" so us n00bs don't screw things up?
    Last edited by bozo8787; 2009-10-01 at 11:12 PM.
    2009-10-01 11:09 PM
    how is this more "stable"?

just tried it. pretty nice.

punch in your ecid, click the big button. wait a few sec. your 3.1 shsh blobs deposited on your desktop. slick!
    Last edited by Madman604x; 2009-10-01 at 11:22 PM.
    2009-10-01 11:18 PM
    1- If it comes with 3.1fw, could I still use this tutorial to be one of the new lucky many get a ECID SHSH file back-up while apple is still signing even if my 3GS is virgin OTB? I ask cause in the tutorial it does not specify in the prerequisites whether the iphone needs to already be JB'en. In other words can this process be done without the phone being JB'en while having 3.1fw?
    The beauty of this is that the phone does not need to be jailbroken, or restored using iTunes to get the ECID SHSH file.

2- If it comes with 3.0 or 3.01, I assume I can still get the ECID SHSH file for safe keeping. But will it brick my phone in a recovery mode or other mode, where it just keeps asking to restore to 3.1 and I then have to store away the new 3GS in drawer till new JB 3.1 comes out because I don't want to upgrade to 3.1 till then?
    If it comes with 3.0/3.0.1 that's great, however you'd still only be able to get your 3.1 ECID SHSH file.

3- If I was you little brother but older than 4 lol, what would you suggest I get or do or wait?
    Personally, i'd say there's no time like the present. Plus, if you get it sooner rather than later you're more likely to be lucky and get one with 3.0/3.0.1.

4- Why aren't you using Windows 7 yet, lol? It runs way better than Vista. M$ is giving them away via New Efficiency tour, though your in the UK, ebay has authentic interchangeable X86/X64 keys for very low, from MDSN or technet subscribers or employees. Just fyi.
    Just haven't gotten round to it yet, bought 2 1TB HDD's a couple of days ago though, so might try throwing it on one of those and see how well it works.

Hello all and special thanks to iguru and semaphore for writing and sustaining an unbelievable post - I have not seen someone take so much care and patience answering everyones questions like iguru has, massive well done
    Thanks and thanks for taking the time to read it too!

What I would like to know is, as my iphone is completely useless until JB for the 3.1 comes out, and having read all of the posts I know not to upgrade till it is out, how do i get my ecid/shsh/blob on cydia's server with a phone that doesn't boot?
    Point your etc/hosts to Saurik's server, then use Umbrella to request your 3.1 ECID SHSH, it will put it on Saurik's server for you.

Btw I have a factory unlocked iphone 3gs and do not need any sort of unlocking whatsoever. But i did read the section on the iphone dev teams' page that said if i had bought my iphone 3gs for (which i obviously have) i will be able to upgrade to 3.1 and JB with pwnage?

Is this true?
    Yes, it's true. If you wanted to as your phone is factory unlocked, you could go ahead and update now - as it doesn't matter what baseband version you are on.

Shouldn't be much longer til the 3.1 Jailbreak now either, with cpich3g's tweet earlier tonight either

Infact, as your phone is not working right now, and your phone is factory unlocked, I'd advise you to go ahead and update right now. That way you'll have a working phone, then you can jailbreak when it's released.

It is really going to suck once apple secures the verification process. I have my 3.0 SHSH on file with Cydia, but how do I get the 3.1 SHSH on file? After I jailbreak my 3GS to 3.1(whenever the JB is released)?
    As your 3.0 is on file, Saurik's server should automatically request newer versions for you (3.1 etc.) so you shouldn't have to do anything.
    iGuru, aka macdotnub/mac.nub - Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/macdotnub
    Get your ECID SHSH file! (For 3GS Restore verification) http://bit.ly/JnDw2 (Thanks to semaphore!)
    2009-10-01 11:23 PM
    add another zero and we got a deal
    :P
    $0.50

DONE DEAL!

2009-10-01 11:23 PM
    Nice! Is there a tutorial or "ReadMe" so us n00bs don't screw things up?
    Take a look with this demo -> link removed, original posters request.

Edit : @ iGuru you wan i make my Topic ?
    Edit : Ok and sorry for something like this =/ .
    Last edited by skyhate; 2009-10-01 at 11:54 PM.
    2009-10-01 11:44 PM
    skyhate, can you please stop posting that in my topic?

All he's done is package up Umbrella without the Author's permission - which the author explicitly forbids.
    Also, he's gone and broken the GPL license agreement for Umbrella by doing so, as he has not provided the source for it.

Edit: And yes, feel free to make your own topic about it, just please don't advertise it in mine - it's generally not regarded as polite.

Thanks.
    Last edited by iGuru; 2009-10-01 at 11:59 PM.
    Get your ECID SHSH file! (For 3GS Restore verification) http://bit.ly/JnDw2 (Thanks to semaphore!)
    2009-10-01 11:46 PM

Yes, it's true. If you wanted to as your phone is factory unlocked, you could go ahead and update now - as it doesn't matter what baseband version you are on.

Shouldn't be much longer til the 3.1 Jailbreak now either, with cpich3g's tweet earlier tonight either

Infact, as your phone is not working right now, and your phone is factory unlocked, I'd advise you to go ahead and update right now. That way you'll have a working phone, then you can jailbreak when it's released.
    Wow, i really didn't know that!! I mean i wanted to believe but because i saw SOOO many people having problems I just thought it wasn't to be true.

Now as much as i'd love to do that I unfortunatly do not have a MAC and therefore cannot use pwnage - and I'm prety sure u need a mac for pwnage tool...

I've just been trying to use iRecovery as advised by madman, no luck so far...
    2009-10-01 11:50 PM
    Wow, i really didn't know that!! I mean i wanted to believe but because i saw SOOO many people having problems I just thought it wasn't to be true.

Now as much as i'd love to do that I unfortunatly do not have a MAC and therefore cannot use pwnage - and I'm prety sure u need a mac for pwnage tool...

I've just been trying to use iRecovery as advised by madman, no luck so far...
    Yes, you will need a Mac for PwnageTool.

If iRecovery hasn't done you any good, unfortunately it looks like you'll need to restore.
    Last edited by iGuru; 2009-10-01 at 11:59 PM.
    2009-10-01 11:56 PM
    If iRecovery hasn't done you any good, unfortunately it looks like you'll need to restore.[/QUOTE]

Yep, no dice =( rebooted about 3/4 times but just kept returning to SOD

now, pardon my ignorance iGuru, but first you said I could and probably should update to 3.1 through iTunes. But in the quote above you have said I will need to restore as my iphone will not boot? Did u mean upgrade to 3.1 as i obviously cannot restore to anything...

Also, that iREB thing. whats that? looks like an auto 3.1 blob sender?

Is this for real?

Does it work?

and thanks again for you help, iGuru & Madman604x
    Last edited by laufy; 2009-10-02 at 12:15 AM.
    2009-10-02 12:06 AM
    i tested the ireb program. it seems to work as advertised.

gave me a 3.1 blob thats about 63kb

also scanned with Avast! antivirus just in case lol
    2009-10-02 12:09 AM
    now, pardon my ignorance iGuru, but first you said I could and probably should update to 3.1 through iTunes. But in the quote above you have said I will need to restore as my iphone will not boot? Did u mean upgrade to 3.1 as i obviously cannot restore to anything...
    Sorry, what I meant is if it's been jailbroken before make sure to boot into recovery mode and then update to 3.1 - rather than just clicking update in iTunes.

As for iREB, no idea. If you want to try it feel free, but if you want to discuss it/ask questions about it please start a new topic - this is for Umbrella, Umbrella-GUI & TinyTTS rather than anything else, Cheers
    Last edited by iGuru; 2009-10-02 at 12:29 AM.
    2009-10-02 12:16 AM
    One last thing before I upgrade to 3.1

I'm fully aware of the jailbreaking chain of command (once jb'd always jb'd etc) but if i restore this will obviously mean a change in firmware and baseband too, so how can i be sure that any potential JB method will accept a JB for the 3.1 baseband or is that the purpose of getting your 3.1 blob sent to Saurik's server?

I just re-read that myself and I know it sounds dumb but I paid to get a factory unlocked iphone and the whole point was to use a 'no holds barred' iphone so i just want to be really careful - you can never be too careful

thanks
    Last edited by laufy; 2009-10-02 at 12:52 AM.
    2009-10-02 12:41 AM
678 ... 7151617181927 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD