User Tag List

On a macbook pro unibody, I did a cydia backup on 3.0, and a verbatim following to what was instructed by saurik.

Basically I tried doing the redsnow jailbreak and it worked, however, I had no signal.

I then tried it again with purplerain, and it worked, but now my cydia and apple apps are the only ones working...

I have tried:
    - deleting and reinstalling an app
    - installing a new app (same one and a different one as well)[ON IPHONE]
    - reboot
    - force reboot
    - respring
    - Deauthorizing my iTunes, and then reauthorizing

- Deleted iPhone app and iTunes app and reinstalled from iTunes and that one app works now...do I have to do this to each one.....?

Basically all that up there says I was to impatient and upgraded....
    HELP ANYONE LOL!!
    Last edited by G-Bake; 2009-09-25 at 06:27 AM. Reason: Clarifying, and adding to "I Have Tried:"
    2009-09-25 05:41 AM
    What do you mean your cydia and apple apps are the only ones working? What other apps are there?
    2009-09-25 05:44 AM
    What apps are you referring to
    2009-09-25 05:45 AM
    arent they all apple apps?
    which apps arent working?

go to itunes..under store tab...deauthorize and authorize... then download the apps again...see if that will work.
    2009-09-25 05:47 AM
    arent they all apple apps?
    which apps arent working?

go to itunes..under store tab...deauthorize and authorize... then download the apps again...see if that will work.
    What apps are you referring to
    What do you mean your cydia and apple apps are the only ones working? What other apps are there?
    I have like 7 pages of apps, but only stock iPhone apps (app store/youtube/stocks/etc) and cydia work...

I just tried to deauthorized my computer and the reauthorized it and itís the same.
    2009-09-25 05:56 AM
    try download a free app from appstore and see if that would work or not? something that you dont already have.
    2009-09-25 05:59 AM
    Have you tried redownloading any of the apps in itunes?

Or even better, from the phone itself in the appstore?
    2009-09-25 05:59 AM
    try download a free app from appstore and see if that would work or not? something that you dont already have.

I did that before, original post updated to reflect that. thank you for your input.
    2009-09-25 06:00 AM
    Hm...Too bad you don't have windows. The downgrade (twice), QwickPwn, iTunes activation, redsn0w jailbreak process worked perfectly for me. Tiger Woods golf crashed a couple times earlier, both times it worked after I launched it again. But now it seems to be working fine.
    2009-09-25 06:01 AM
    Have you tried installing an app from the appstore directly on the phone?
    2009-09-25 06:01 AM
    you need to delete those apps off the phone first....then deauthorize..then authorize...then re-download those apps. (not resync)
    2009-09-25 06:05 AM
    Have you tried redownloading any of the apps in itunes?

Or even better, from the phone itself in the appstore?

I did try the iPhone originally, trying through iTunes as we speak......and I installed mystarbucks through iTunes and updated to the iPhone.

The app works but all the others still wont open.

I also tried deleting pizza hut off the iPhone and iTunes, then reinstalling from iTunes on my comp and now the pizza hut works....please tell me I dont have to reinstall everything!!
    2009-09-25 06:23 AM
    you have to...if it works.
    2009-09-25 06:32 AM
    usually syncing is the root of these problems. always set up phone as NEW and install your apps after, especiall after firmware changes

i finally realized i don't need nor play 7 pages of apps.

install only what you really need. Do you really need 14 versions of fart buttons?

this will minimize your reinstall times and likeliness of instability.

enjoy your 2 hour installation i know i do...not
    Last edited by Madman604x; 2009-09-25 at 04:59 PM.
    2009-09-25 04:56 PM
    check out /var/stash/applicaitons.pwn, you should see all your app here
    then look in root dir, there should be another /Applications folder, in which you'll see your cydia, and youtube, maybe all your apple app here.
    if so, then try this:
    1. move all your apps from /Applications to /var/stash/applicaitons.pwn
    2. delete /Application
    3. under root dir, create a link to /var/stash/applicaitons.pwn
    2009-09-25 06:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD