Dear all iPhone mates,

Please look back at this text on wiki:

"The legality of jailbreaking an iPod or iPhone remains unclear, particularly in the context of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. As part of the 2009 DMCA rulemaking, the Electronic Frontier Foundation asked the US Copyright Office to recognize an exemption to the DMCA to permit jailbreaking in order to allow iPhone owners to use their phones with applications that are not available from Apple's store.[19] In response to this, Apple filed comments opposing this exemption and indicating that they do consider jailbreaking to be a violation of copyright (and by implication prosecutable under the DMCA). A ruling on this proposed exemption has not yet been made, but a decision is expected sometime later in 2009."

I do not have much knowledge about law to elaborate and have clear view for above text, but I have ask myself for following questions:

1. Who is paying for all Appl'se things (iPod, iPhone ...) will be the one to decide for what is right or wrong for above text. Not exact data but around 25 mil iPhone sold out, about 5 mil jailbreak iphone users then what happen if 20% of iPhone users say " Apple, please stop locking people to your new idea (ie. 3.1 firmware for iPhone 3GS).

2. What's connection between Apple and AT&T and other telecom networks, they are living by our paying. What happen if all mobile phone users say " Apple and Apple's partners, please stop cheating us".

3. If 1+2 above become true, we can imagine big losses to Apple and Apple's partners if all users will say NO to them (ie. Their business down, their stock down ...) and they will have to consider to take some proper actions (no cheating or locking in next firmwares 3.2, 4.0 ... versions releases).

4. Finally, for whatever exclusive contracts of Apple and AT&T and other telecom networks, Apple's products would be made to users' "want" rather they try to sell/give us what they have.

Hope this may bring some help and supporting to all jailbreaking/unlocking teams so far (without these teams, we cannot see more details for what we are paying).

Please bring this "messeage" to all Apple's and Apple's partners and also to all users as I think "user's decision will be bond to all parties, no other courts needed.

Signature
    "I am an iPhone fan before 3.1 firmware release"
    2009-09-26 09:27 PM
    Ok.
    2009-09-26 11:18 PM
    2. What's connection between Apple and AT&T and other telecom networks, they are living by our paying. What happen if all mobile phone users say " Apple and Apple's partners, please stop cheating us".
    most people are too stupid to care ;(
    2009-10-08 02:38 PM
    most people are too stupid to care ;(

As long as people are buying there stuff and not complaining about the restrictions , Apple are more than happy to do this over and over .
    2009-10-10 12:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD