User Tag List

can't be. 3.1 jailbreak is out..... so how?
    plus we SHOULD be bale to roll back. theres enough freakin forums out there over it.

plus I have a jailbroken 3.1 im trying to use.....

i got it off torrent site and it worked yesterday until i installed winterboard....

now it says not a valid ipsw file. yet it worked going from 3.0 to 3.1
    Last edited by scooby092477; 2009-10-05 at 06:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-10-05 06:21 PM
    Well ur better off than me then . I have 3.0 ipsw saved on my computer, I have info stored on cydia, windows vista windows 7. Can't do anything to downgrade and re jailbreak been online for hours tried twenty times to downgrade keep getting that stupid denial because on apples non signing policy. Truly sucks. Don't understand what the benefit of storing my info on cydia was if I can't downgrade thought that was the whole point. I've checked and double checked all my steps but iTunes still checks with apple then denies me. My host file is modified and saved checked that five times supposedly pings corrctly. So frustrated because the jailbreak was awesome. All because stupid iblanks jacked my phone up.
    2009-10-05 06:32 PM
    exactly! im running windows 7, tried vista. no matter what I do with the host file it denies me.

and now i have a stock iphone... this sucks. I almost dont know what I can do with it! ive been trying sinec last night for hours.

had to do a complete restore with a mac last night but at least now my phone works. last night it had froze at the apple logo and wouldnt go any further no matter what I did with windows. so i had someone bring over a mac and used the pwnagae tool and we got it working but not jailbroken.

hmmm.....

im going to keep trying but all my google results are turning purple cuz ive read them all!!!

Caching Apple's Signature Server - Jay Freeman (saurik)

hmmm... cant get it to work....
    Last edited by scooby092477; 2009-10-05 at 07:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-10-05 07:04 PM
    exactly! im running windows 7, tried vista. no matter what I do with the host file it denies me.

and now i have a stock iphone... this sucks. I almost dont know what I can do with it! ive been trying sinec last night for hours.

had to do a complete restore with a mac last night but at least now my phone works. last night it had froze at the apple logo and wouldnt go any further no matter what I did with windows. so i had someone bring over a mac and used the pwnagae tool and we got it working but not jailbroken.

hmmm.....

im going to keep trying but all my google results are turning purple cuz ive read them all!!!

Caching Apple's Signature Server - Jay Freeman (saurik)

hmmm... cant get it to work....

open a command prompt, type: ping gs.apple.com

what is the IP address that shows

if you restored to apple's legit 3.1 and you're on a 3GS, you are stuck there until dev team develops a jb for stock 3.1

Well ur better off than me then . I have 3.0 ipsw saved on my computer, I have info stored on cydia, windows vista windows 7. Can't do anything to downgrade and re jailbreak been online for hours tried twenty times to downgrade keep getting that stupid denial because on apples non signing policy. Truly sucks. Don't understand what the benefit of storing my info on cydia was if I can't downgrade thought that was the whole point. I've checked and double checked all my steps but iTunes still checks with apple then denies me. My host file is modified and saved checked that five times supposedly pings corrctly. So frustrated because the jailbreak was awesome. All because stupid iblanks jacked my phone up.
    very odd. if you dont have your shsh on file with cydia, you should get an error 3002 i believe. you're not getting any error? that sounds like you're not routing to saurik's servers. what is the IP address that comes back when you type "ping gs.apple.com". just curious. also it wouldnt hurt to try the restore in DFU mode if you've been using recovery mode, or vice versa.
    Last edited by MegaGoo; 2009-10-05 at 08:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-10-05 08:38 PM
    hi all, Im using 3gs on windows xp windows 7 viena. I got the phone at 3.0, jailbreak at 3.0.1 using cydia, but was forced to upgrade to 3.1 n now need to downgrade n jailbreak. IM using latest version of itunes, Ive DL custom 3.1 IPSW n get 1604 error, ive also tried difrnt versions without baseband n it doesnt work... BOTTOM LINE...CAN I DOWNGRADE?
    2009-10-05 09:13 PM
    Bottome line, if you don't have your 3.0 ECID hashed with Cydia or all of the .tmp file captured while you jailbreak, NO!!
    2009-10-05 09:21 PM
    so, just to attempt to get something straight here: i have 3.0.1. if i were to upgrade to the default apple 3.1 i would then have 3.1 plus the updated baseband. if i downgrade back to 3.0/3.0.1 (cydia has my info/files) will i still have the updated baseband and all of the benifits along with it once i upgrade back to 3.1 with a jailbroken ipsw file?
    2009-10-06 01:46 AM
    Conedude, if you're to upgrade to offical 3.1, you'll get the new baseband. But as you mentioned "all the benefits along with it", there really is not much benefit we can think of at this moment, but in return, you lost your ability to unlock the phone(worst case scenerio, it could be forever).

The more recommended path would be to upgrade from a jailbroken 3.0 to a jailbroken 3.1, in order to preserve the 4.x baseband(which is unlockable)
    Last edited by Buddha321; 2009-10-06 at 02:38 AM. Reason: typo
    2009-10-06 02:38 AM
    Either run QuickPwn 2.2 up til the point where it recognizes your phone (or just do on your own what it tells you to do, hold home & sleep for 15 seconds, let go of home and hold sleep for 2 seconds then let go and wiat for the apple logo to disappear).
    Can you clarify this? Why do I need to use Quickpwn 2.2?!?! That is and OLD school app. Saurik's page says to use either purplera1n or redsn0w. I have been using redsn0w, but still do not have service. I am currently (as we speak) at 3.1. I have tried twice to go to 3.0 but getting into DFU mode, restoring with 3.0, then getting error, restoring again, then getting error, then JB'ing using redsn0w 0.8....What am I doing wrong?!?!?!
    2009-10-06 05:50 AM
    Can you clarify this? Why do I need to use Quickpwn 2.2?!?! That is and OLD school app. Saurik's page says to use either purplera1n or redsn0w. I have been using redsn0w, but still do not have service. I am currently (as we speak) at 3.1. I have tried twice to go to 3.0 but getting into DFU mode, restoring with 3.0, then getting error, restoring again, then getting error, then JB'ing using redsn0w 0.8....What am I doing wrong?!?!?!

You are doing nothing wrong. But if you are on an official carrier, and aren't getting service after the downgrade, it's because the new baseband doesn't like the old firmware (also the cause of the 1015 errors I think). You don't HAVE to run QuickPwn if you don't want to, but doing the button pressing thing it tells you to do gets your baseband and OS to play nice so you can then open itunes and get your phone to activate. Then redsn0w it. It makes it to where you have a successful downgrade, have an operational phone, and then have a jailbroken operational phone. Instead of a jailbroken ipod touch with a camera.
    2009-10-06 05:58 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD