User Tag List

  1. giancarlo's Avatar
    My phone has been stuck in safe mode for like 3 days...and is getting annoying. I know I messed up not staying up to date with saurik and dont have my ECID for 3.0 on file so cant downgrade. I generated my 00.shsh file for the 3.1 and also requested the 3.1 via cydia (Says "pending tss request" for 2 days though). My question is that since I cant downgrade and dont have my ECID with Cydia for 3.0, is it safe to update and just wait for the JB or will I be risking something? I always like having the option of unlocking my phone for any network, since i sell it when a new one comes out. So I don't want to lock my phone forever either, so I'm asking for some advice rom more experienced users
    2009-09-30 03:00 PM
  2. Simtech's Avatar
    Don't update if you ever want to unlock.
    Have you tried to re-jailbreak?
    2009-09-30 03:23 PM
  3. avibrazil's Avatar
    I'm on the same situation for almost 2 weeks. There are people waiting even more.

    The problem on going to 3.1 is to lose the JB and the unlock. It seems you are using the official operator for your phone, so unlocking is not that important right now for you.

    If you can live without JB for a while, I would upgrade. If you can live without unlocking for a while, I would upgrade.

    The history shows that almost for sure they will JB and unlock 3.1 sometime as they did with all previous versions.

    In my case, I won't upgrade right now because a JB may come soon without upgrading the baseband, that would lock me in a useless phone.
    2009-09-30 03:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD