did you submit your ECID hashes to Cydia BEFORE 3.1 was released?

if not, you're outta luck.

tough it out and wait for the 3.1 jailbreak before attempting to restore.
    sorry, but what i ment was, if i wait for the 3.1 pwned, would i be able to restore my phone with it? Or my phone have to be fully functional in order to use 3.1 pwned?
    2009-10-01 07:32 PM
    you phone doesnt need to be fully functional, just able to get to either DFU (blank screen + itunes recognizes an iphone in DFU mode)or Recovery mode (USB and iTunes screen)

Geneally jailbreaking tools will load on windows, ask for the IPSW you want to use (3.1 in this case), modify the IPSW, ask you to put your phone into recovery or DFU mode, then restore your phone with the modded ISPW. or possibly create a modded ipsw and use itunes to upgrade (shift+restore, choosing the modded IPSW the JB tool created.).

someone correct me if im wrong.
    Last edited by Madman604x; 2009-10-01 at 08:12 PM.
    2009-10-01 08:07 PM
    3.0 pwned > 3.1 pwned means that as long as your phone is currently in the jailbroken state then the chain of trust will always remain broken and you can restore to a custom ipsw without a signature from Apple. This would mean they still have no found a way to break the chain of trust (signed files/ECID) for the 3.1 STOCK firmware. Bottom line... if you have a 3GS on 3.1 stock firmware you're still out of luck at the moment.
    2009-10-01 08:16 PM
    f i n a l l y
    2009-10-01 08:53 PM
    3.0 pwned > 3.1 pwned means that as long as your phone is currently in the jailbroken state then the chain of trust will always remain broken and you can restore to a custom ipsw without a signature from Apple. This would mean they still have no found a way to break the chain of trust (signed files/ECID) for the 3.1 STOCK firmware. Bottom line... if you have a 3GS on 3.1 stock firmware you're still out of luck at the moment.
    dammit
     White iPhone 3Gs - 32Gb 
    2009-10-01 08:57 PM
    another 3gs 3.1 user becoming impatient for a jailbreak!
    At least keep us posted right?
    No signature links.... only warning
    2009-10-01 09:00 PM
    I hope this is released soon! Im glad i didnt updated the FW to 3.1 even though most of the iphone functions are useless.
    2009-10-01 09:16 PM
    this is speculation on your part. you can't confirm anything of what they can and can't do except for upgrade a jailbroken 3.0 to a jailbroken 3.1

i have my signatures for 3.1 and so should everyone at this point in time considering that there is a tool on this forum that when you put in your ecid, it will output your 3.1 blobs (until apple releases another firmware or figures out how to thwart this process)

i cant see a reason why a 3.1 3gs with SHSH blobs on file will be in any sort of trouble. dev team just needs time to integrate and test.

lets all try to keep calm and not speculate until a statement is released.
    2009-10-01 09:18 PM
    this is speculation on your part. you can't confirm anything of what they can and can't do except for upgrade a jailbroken 3.0 to a jailbroken 3.1

i have my signatures for 3.1 and so should everyone at this point in time considering that there is a tool on this forum that when you put in your ecid, it will output your 3.1 blobs (until apple releases another firmware or figures out how to thwart this process)

i cant see a reason why a 3.1 3gs with SHSH blobs on file will be in any sort of trouble. dev team just needs time to integrate and test.

yup... just saw the twitter... mostly likely should be able to JB but unlocking is another story...
    2009-10-01 09:55 PM
    It'll only work if you go up from a jailbroken 3.0
    2009-10-01 10:04 PM
    but speculation is part of the fun
    2009-10-01 10:59 PM
    this is taking a surprisingly long time
    2009-10-02 01:21 AM
    I don't know why everyone is complaining. Everyone should know, and I tell all my buddies before they come crying, don't upgrade to new firmwares until you read around. Geez I'm using a 3.0 3Gs thats stuck in safe mode. My categories don't work, internet runs like garbage and so forth.....but its still at 3.0 It'll eventually come out....i'm sure within the next week after seeing this. Stop crying saying your going to sell the phone.....if you need one that bad, I have the ORIGINAL 4GB iPhone in my sock drawer. Sorry for going off it's just that every thread is bombarded with the same thing
    2009-10-02 04:22 AM
    Hear, hear.
    2009-10-02 04:52 AM
    i want the for gig in your sock drawer, if your just giving it away lol j/k
    2009-10-02 04:54 AM
    "Further to my last post, the 3gs 3.1 jailbreak does not apply to OTB or non-downgradable 3.1 device"

I'm not speculating.. I'm telling the truth.
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something
    2009-10-02 04:56 AM
    "Further to my last post, the 3gs 3.1 jailbreak does not apply to OTB or non-downgradable 3.1 device"

I'm not speculating.. I'm telling the truth.
    i'm sure they'll jailbreak stock 3.1 at some point. if not, it marks the end of iphone jailbreaking as of 9/8/09 and i can't imagine that happening.
    2009-10-02 05:28 AM
    Im sure stock 3.1 jailbreak will follow soon. Unlock on the other hand is going to take longer but it will come out.

My theory behind it all, "POLITICS"

Im sure that apple doenst really mind the "unlocking" of iphoes, however they pretend that they mind, to satisfy at&T.

Common sense apples revenue in iphones went through the roof when the first unlock come out, and then the unlock on the 3g it was the same scenario. trust me the 3gs unlock for the new baseband will come out soon. Believe me its all politics...
    2009-10-02 05:59 AM
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something
    2009-10-02 06:06 AM
    man.. ths JB is sooo close i can taste it...my hand sare shaking...is it wrong to be rubbing my bricked phone all over my naked body?

ummm probably too much info....
    2009-10-02 06:41 AM
77 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD