Hello all,

I'm fairly certain I'm out of luck and will have to deal with a non-jailbroken iPhone until there is another method for 3.1 but I'll explain my situation anyways and maybe we can figure out where I went wrong.

• iPhone 3G S was jailbroken and left at 3.0
    • Saved ECID on Cydia (got the green writing at the top saying it was on file)
    • Pwned to 3.1
    • Decided I wanted the latest baseband so I did an Apple restore
    • Updated hosts file for Saurik (pinged correctly
    • When attempting restore I received an error message stating firmware was not compatible (DFU and recovery were attempted)
      -----------------------------------------------------------------
    • Used System Profiler to get ECID (does this change when going from 3.0 to 3.1?)
    • Used Umbrella to grab my SHSH file successfully (64kb)
    • Ran TinyTSS with SHSH file
    • TinyTSS stated it was a 3.1 blob file (how is this possible when I was on 3.0 when saving to Cydia?)
    • Attempted recovery mode restore to vanilla 3.0 and got error 3001; DFU restore gave me error 1600

Is it game over for me until some other solution is around?

Thanks
    2009-10-05 06:41 PM
    No the ECID doesn't change.

Try using umbrella with the -v 3.0 option (cmdline) or select 3.0 from the dropdown box on the later version.
    2009-10-05 06:49 PM
    Thanks TheHeadFL, I forgot to mention I did run it with the -v 3.0 switch and no file was saved.
    2009-10-05 06:50 PM
    Sorry to say then I think you are out of luck unless you happened to grab your iBEC/iBSS files way back when.
    2009-10-05 06:52 PM
    you got 3.1 blobs because after 3.1 was released no signing for 3.0 or 3.0.1 was possible. it doesn/t matter what FW you were on when the cutoff happened. 3.0 still gives you ONLY 3.1 blobs.

basicly you missed the cutoff to submit to cydia or possibly Cydia is reporting incorrectly that you have anything other than 3.1 stored. yes it happens.
    2009-10-05 06:52 PM
    Thanks Madman604x, that's the definitive answer I've been looking for. I guess it's time to play the disgusting, non-jailbroken waiting game.
    2009-10-05 06:57 PM
    Thanks TheHeadFL, I forgot to mention I did run it with the -v 3.0 switch and no file was saved.
    Just to clairfy, you still had your hosts file modified the way saurik said to at this point, right? If so, then there is no 3.0 file for you. If not, modify it, then try again.
    2009-10-05 07:14 PM
    Hello all,

I'm fairly certain I'm out of luck and will have to deal with a non-jailbroken iPhone until there is another method for 3.1 but I'll explain my situation anyways and maybe we can figure out where I went wrong.

• iPhone 3G S was jailbroken and left at 3.0
    • Saved ECID on Cydia (got the green writing at the top saying it was on file)
    • Pwned to 3.1
    • Decided I wanted the latest baseband so I did an Apple restore
    • Updated hosts file for Saurik (pinged correctly
    • When attempting restore I received an error message stating firmware was not compatible (DFU and recovery were attempted)
      -----------------------------------------------------------------
    • Used System Profiler to get ECID (does this change when going from 3.0 to 3.1?)
    • Used Umbrella to grab my SHSH file successfully (64kb)
    • Ran TinyTSS with SHSH file
    • TinyTSS stated it was a 3.1 blob file (how is this possible when I was on 3.0 when saving to Cydia?)
    • Attempted recovery mode restore to vanilla 3.0 and got error 3001; DFU restore gave me error 1600

Is it game over for me until some other solution is around?

Thanks
    U can fix this problem?
    how to?
    2010-02-25 10:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD