User Tag List

I just jailbroke on Redsn0w 8.0 and when I say Cydia, I was so happy. Happiness was short. Cydia did not open.

I did not sync yet. I am afraid. It took me 24 hours to find the downgrade for me.

I just tried to sync and iTunes 9.0 gives me an error message:

"The backup "iPhone- Oc6 6, 2009 10:11AM" cannot be restored to this iPhone because the software on the iPhone is too old."
    To restore this iPhone from this backup, you must first set up the iPhone as new and restore the software to the latest version."

YELPS!!!!

Can anyone help me?

Any ideas?
    2009-10-06 09:02 PM
    You can't just restore a 3.1 backup to 3.0. I don't know if there's a hack for it. You'll probably have to set it up as new.
    2009-10-06 11:04 PM
    there is a way!

you MAY or may NOT lose your pictures and texts but those are easily recovered if you do using iPhone Backup Extractor and iPhone Explorer

okay

FIRST:

Browse to:

~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup
    OR
    CDocuments and Settings\YOUR_USERNAME\Application Data\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup

SECOND:

There is an info.plist in each of the folders, open them and change the "Build Version" and "Product Version" to match the 3.0 firmware. (7A341 and 3.0, respectively.)

THIRD:

COMPLETELY exit iTunes and restart it.

FOURTH:

RESTORE AND SYNC AND BE HAPPY!!!

----------

EDIT::

If you lost your photos, download the software stated above (google it) and use iPhone Backup Extractor to remove your backup info into useable files.

Then, use the iPhone Explorer to add them back on to the device, assuming you jailbroke it (well that is why you downgraded, isn't it, chief?)

TA DA!!!
    Last edited by method; 2009-10-07 at 02:45 AM.
    2009-10-07 02:39 AM
    I downgraded from 3.1 to 3.0.
    It wouldn't read my 3.1 backup, so I set my phone up as new, with a different name. Is it still possible to restore from the backup?
    2009-10-10 12:57 AM
    Uhm, just plug your iphone, on itunes, you will see on the left the iphone icon. Just RIGHT click over the iPhone icon and choose RESTORE. You will see many backups you did, so just choose one to restore (I guess the first one is the latest one you have)

there is a way!

you MAY or may NOT lose your pictures and texts but those are easily recovered if you do using iPhone Backup Extractor and iPhone Explorer

okay

FIRST:

Browse to:

~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup
    OR
    Cocuments and SettingsYOUR_USERNAMEApplication DataApple ComputerMobileSyncBackup

SECOND:

There is an info.plist in each of the folders, open them and change the "Build Version" and "Product Version" to match the 3.0 firmware. (7A341 and 3.0, respectively.)

THIRD:

COMPLETELY exit iTunes and restart it.

FOURTH:

RESTORE AND SYNC AND BE HAPPY!!!

----------

EDIT::

If you lost your photos, download the software stated above (google it) and use iPhone Backup Extractor to remove your backup info into useable files.

Then, use the iPhone Explorer to add them back on to the device, assuming you jailbroke it (well that is why you downgraded, isn't it, chief?)

TA DA!!!
    In my case, the address in my mac 10.6.1 is: /Users/"Your user name" /Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup/
    ANy way, thank you very much for your hint, very useful!
    Last edited by grandeabc; 2009-10-10 at 05:28 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-10-10 05:28 AM
    I am trying to load up my 3.1.1 backup on my downgraded 3.0. I had to create new name on my ipod and cannot see the old one anymore. When I enter info.plist these changes (3.0 7A341) are already there! I tried to rewrite it to 3.1. and 7C145 (as a version of 3.1 update) just to try out, of course it didnt work. What exactly am I supposed to write there?
    I am also able to see only one folder with one info...not really sure what happened with the old one from 3.1. firmware....

Is there any way I can reload it or should I rather stick with the new name and set up everything again?
    2009-10-11 01:38 AM
    Came across this post by mistake, but this is extremely helpful stuff, this question is asked quite frequently, it should really be stickied
    2010-07-17 01:11 AM
    What a trick, it works fine. I downgraded from 4.0.1 to 3.1.2 and I had problem in syncing it to Itunes. I just changed the build and and os version and I could sync it back.
    2010-11-16 12:41 PM
    2011-03-31 05:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD