Am I missing something here? There has GOT to be a way to downgrade from 3.1 to 3.0. I have the ECID, but I just lack the signed blurbs that are kept on cydia. I wasn't one of the lucky few. I just can't believe there is no way. I have itunes 8.1.1 installed, everything should be working. And yet I get the error 1600 or 20, depending on if I'm in recovery or DFU mode. Just my little rant, flame as you see fit, but that still doesn't help those of us with no downgrade possibilities.
    2009-10-09 10:18 PM
    Yeah, there's got to be a way to do it, just like theoretically, someone should be able to write up their own version of iTune to help you restore. Or heck, someone should be able to write up their own firmware to solve everything, the only real problem is how likely that will happen
    2009-10-10 05:18 AM
    The version of iTunes has nothing to do with it.

Knowing your ECID doesn't buy you anything.

No, there is not any way to do it. Not even theoretically.

Apple signs your firmware files with your ECID, and more importantly, their private key. If you don't know Apple's private key, you cannot sign your files, no matter what.

There isn't enough computing power on the entire planet to reliably brute force their private key in any reasonable amount of time. We are talking literally years of processing. Welcome to cryptography.
    2009-10-10 05:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD