I was using fine 3.0 jb on my 3gs. Then yesterday i installed Appsync, then my iphone started to heating, and i became unreachable ( people called me and didnt reach, also sms) but on phone side it was ok. i can still make calls, games.. Unfortunately i didnt know about apple signing **** so i tried to restore it ( like as i was doing at my old 2g ) but then stacked... I tried redsnow. No nothing helps. Now my phone freezes at apple logo screen. I clearly remember that Cydia was telling my that i have ECID SHSH on file. So could you Please explain me to install my old 3.0 . Because i couldnt find any solution or same problem. All topics are about Downgrade.. But mine is just OS prob. I also tried to change hosts file no result...
    Last edited by muhacir; 2009-10-12 at 11:53 AM.
    2009-10-12 07:06 AM
    If you have 3.0 ECID SHSH on file with Cydia, you can easily restore 3.0 -> 3.0 using saurik's downgrade method. I attempted it the first day he made it available, and it worked great. If you don't have 3.0 ECID SHSH, and actually have 3.1 ECID SHSH then there is no 3.0 option for you.

If you are still jailbroken, even with the boot loop, you have the option of finding a custom 3.1 ipsw and upgrading that way. You will maintain your jailbreak, and as long as the one you use doesn't update the baseband, you will syill be able to unlock (if you need it).

The tutorial is for mac, but whatever http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=5432
    Find a custom 3.1 created with PwnageTool, and Shift+Restore to it in iTunes

If you don't need an unlock, you can upgrade to 3.1.2 and jailbreak with blackra1n. If you asked me, i would say go the custom 3.1 route.
    Last edited by L00i3; 2009-10-12 at 07:16 AM.
    2009-10-12 07:14 AM
    Thanks mate. After redsnow on other pc, my phone opened finally. Now there is only youtube and cydia icons. nothing more.. Any ideas?
    2009-10-12 07:35 AM
    Thanks mate. After redsnow on other pc, my phone opened finally. Now there is only youtube and cydia icons. nothing more.. Any ideas?
    If restoring to 3.0 via saurik's method doesn't work, I would recommend upgrading to a pre-jailbroken 3.1 firmware.

If you don't need an unlock to use the phone on a non-official carrier, you could also upgrade to 3.1.2 stock & jailbreak with blackra1n.

Luckily, at this point, you have 2 options depending on your needs.
    2009-10-12 07:55 AM
    ok. installed 3.1 no baseband update. ultrasn0wed and its ok. now
    2009-10-12 11:14 AM

The tutorial is for mac, but whatever iClarified - iPhone - How to Jailbreak Your iPhone 3GS Using PwnageTool [Mac]
    Find a custom 3.1 created with PwnageTool, and Shift+Restore to it in iTunes
    Forgive my noobness but where can I find a custom firmware?

Thanks
    2009-10-15 07:16 PM
    Forgive my noobness but where can I find a custom firmware?

Thanks
    google. nuff said.
    2009-10-15 07:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD