I successfuly jailbreaked my iPhone 3G whith AT&T contract firmware 3.0.1 (7A400) with no problems, anything running excellent and no conflicts with any app.

Because I am in an ATT plan I didn't need to unlock my iPhone. So this is for users with ATT contract.

Just download redsnow 0.8 in my case for Windows
    If you are at the firmware 3.0.1 do not upgrade or downgrade from itunes. First open itunes and backup your iPhone (contacts), right click on the iphone name on itunes then backup. You do not need itunes for nothing else, once it finish, close it.

If your phone is 3G download from somewere the firmware (iPhone1,2_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw) exactly as it writed here, nothing different.

Ir you have a 3GS download this one (iPhone2,1_3.0_7A341
    _Restore.ipsw) nothing different.

You are going to see that the firmware file are going to be something like this (iPhone1,2_3.0_7A341_Restore.zip) do not unzip it, just rename the .zip part with .ipsw so redsnow can recognize it later.

If you got itunes open, close it, open redsnow, choose the right firmware that you downloaded before and follow the procedure exactly as the instructions in redsnow. Wait until it finish, do not touch anything on your iPhone just let it do the thing untill it reboots and you can see the slide button. Even if you see done on your PC, do not disconnect your iPhone until it finish.

Now you have a iPhone with 3.0.1 jailbreaked and acktivated, with no signal lost, no carrier logo lost, everything working and the best of all without looe any app installed before, it don't delete nothing, everything intact. Ah I forgot, do not install ICY, choose only Cydia.

PM me if you need to know where to download the firmwares.
    Last edited by javiert30; 2009-10-14 at 03:51 AM.
    2009-10-14 03:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD