User Tag List

I call upon the great and wonderful readers of this website to give me a hand here.

Here's the situation:
    - Iphone 3GS needs to charge 3x a day, so something's wrong with the battery
    - It's unlocked, jailbroken, 3.1, 3.1.2 SHSHs on Saurik Cydia server
    - currently on 3.1.2 from pwnage tool

Here's what I need to do:
    - Remove the jailbreak and either go to 3.1 or 3.1.2, vanilla, no jailbrake, no unlock, so I can go to the genius bar at the apple store, and try not to lose my nice 4.26.08 baseband.

Fuzzyband says that I have 06.04 bootloader.

When I restore to 3.1 or 3.1.2 will I lose my nice 4.26.08 baseband?

Is there a really good guide complete with links where I can download 3.1 firmware?

I tried searching through the forums and on google, but I couldn't find a definitive answer. I really appreciate anyone who can give me a hand here.

THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!
    2010-02-18 10:30 AM
    If there's something wrong with your phone, they'll probably give you a refurb meaning your stored SHSHs are wasted. When you get your new phone, it'll probably be 3.1.3 and not downgradable.

Why don't you try to restore to a custom 3.1.2 firmware and see if the battery problem persists? It might just be some apps draining your battery.

In any case, this page Caching Apple's Signature Server - Jay Freeman (saurik) will tell you have to install a 3.1.2 firmware.
    2010-02-18 03:32 PM
    Thanks dhamien! I tried what you suggested but the battery is still pretty bad.
    So it looks like I'll be forced to bring it back.
    Do you know how I can remove the jailbreak and keep the baseband as is?
    Thank
    2010-02-18 08:28 PM
    The only way it would be possible to install a stock firmware and keep the 04.26 baseband would be if you could downgrade to 3.0, which not a lot of people can. And according to your first post, you wouldn't be able to.

When you restored to the custom firmware, did you set it up as a new phone or restore from backup? Always set up as a new phone.
    2010-02-18 09:02 PM
    Looi3 thanks for replying. This is what I did: run pwnage tool 3.14. Activate. No logos. Only cydia. And not first time it was pwned.

Ok. So if I restore to 3.1 or 3.1.2 I assume it will upgrade the baseband. But then will the phone be unlockable still? I need to travel with the iPhone on occasion.

Thanks people!
    2010-02-18 11:08 PM
    Looi3 thanks for replying. This is what I did: run pwnage tool 3.14. Activate. No logos. Only cydia. And not first time it was pwned.

Ok. So if I restore to 3.1 or 3.1.2 I assume it will upgrade the baseband. But then will the phone be unlockable still? I need to travel with the iPhone on occasion.

Thanks people!
    In iTunes, after the restore is complete, it asks you if you want to restore from a backup (I think it shows the name of the phone, and time & date of the backup) or set up as a new phone. You need to select the option to set up as a new phone. You will lose SMS, Notes, etc, but it also keeps iTunes from putting corrupt files from the backup back onto the phone.

If you restore to a stock 3.1.2, then yes, it will upgrade your baseband to 05.11.xx Fortunately, that baseband is unlockable with blacksn0w (available through geohot's Cydia repository). In the interest of it being easier for me, here is a link to how to set up the repo in Cydia.

iPhone 3G&3GS UNLOCK: GeoHot adds Blacksn0w in Cydia! Repo in here!, - iModZone Forums
    2010-02-18 11:20 PM