im on 3.1 all happy and jailbroken, my shshs are on file apparently (cydia says so) even though i reaaaly dont know what that means. but anyway i have a crack forming near the dock connector and want to bring it in, chances are ill get a new phone and i just wanna make sure ill be able to jailbreak the new phone. sorry for the noob first post
    2010-03-22 12:37 AM
    if the phone has 3.1.3 (which it probably will) you will be unable to jailbreak...look locally for someone that repairs iPhones in ur area and have the housing replaced...I think there are a couple of folks on the forums that do housing repair/replacing

if u can't find one locally
    Last edited by j3st3r; 2010-03-22 at 12:53 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-03-22 12:53 AM
    im on 3.1 all happy and jailbroken, my shshs are on file apparently (cydia says so) even though i reaaaly dont know what that means. but anyway i have a crack forming near the dock connector and want to bring it in, chances are ill get a new phone and i just wanna make sure ill be able to jailbreak the new phone. sorry for the noob first post
    If I were you, I would spend like $50 for housing replacement.
    If you bring it to Apple store, the new phone you get will likely has 3.1.3 FW.
    Check our your local craiglist.
    Replacing housing is not really expensive.
    good luck
    2010-03-22 12:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD