User Tag List

Hi Iphone Tech guys,

I have Unlocked/Jailbroken iphone 3gs 3.1.2 and last night made a mistake and upgraded to 3.1.3 and after it gone to emergency mode and also says like no sim is activated when i connect to itunes,

After then, i used Snowbrezee to create a custom firmware 3.1.3 and used to restore using itunes 9.0 and go the "iphone not able to restore error occured 1604".

Could any one help me on thisany fix and resolution to bring back my iphone 3gs back to jailbreak & unlock 3.1.2 firmware

Please help me!

Thanks,
    Ram
    2010-04-15 08:13 AM
    Same happened to me and I too get same error coding
    2010-04-15 08:18 AM
    did any luck u resolved the issue
    2010-04-15 08:29 AM
    No. Haven't had a chance. My friend said maybe try an older version of iTunes to install the new customized .ipsw file created by snowbreeze.
    2010-04-15 08:48 AM
    It won't work. I tried many times. It will work if you saved your shsh.
    2010-04-16 02:03 PM
    I have the exact same problem as the OP but I swore I had already hit the 'make my life easier' thing a while ago. Umbrealla application says differently.

I'm buying a droid. This is unbelievable that I can't install whatever I want on this $600 phone. Without my jb'ed apps, there are so many annoyances on this thing.
    2010-04-16 02:10 PM
    I got mine to work. I had my shsh backed up on cydia. All I did was have iTunes connect to cydias data base and I followed the directions and it worked.
    2010-04-16 02:42 PM
    SHSH is like the iPhone jesus right now everyone is looking to it for help
    =]
    Keithsta
    2010-04-16 03:24 PM
    did any luck u resolved the issue
    Was your SHSH saved? if not you might be SOL
    ** I don't hate myself anymore I have a JB iphone
    2010-04-16 03:40 PM
    I have the exact same problem as the OP but I swore I had already hit the 'make my life easier' thing a while ago. Umbrealla application says differently.

I'm buying a droid. This is unbelievable that I can't install whatever I want on this $600 phone. Without my jb'ed apps, there are so many annoyances on this thing.
    If you don't need the unlock, I don't see why it's so bad not having a jailbreak? Is it all your stolen apps that you can't use that's bothering you?
    2010-04-16 04:02 PM
    If you don't need the unlock, I don't see why it's so bad not having a jailbreak? Is it all your stolen apps that you can't use that's bothering you?
    The iBlacklist app was the only JBed thing I needed. Simple app that keeps people from txting or calling me if I don't want to hear from them. There is no call blocking in the iphone and there's no way to keep txts from showing up in the locked screen without it. Unbelievable that you have to jb your phone for this functionality.

There is SO much more to jb than 'stolen' apps. I couldn't care less about that part.
    2010-04-16 04:07 PM
    The iBlacklist app was the only JBed thing I needed. Simple app that keeps people from txting or calling me if I don't want to hear from them. There is no call blocking in the iphone and there's no way to keep txts from showing up in the locked screen without it. Unbelievable that you have to jb your phone for this functionality.

There is SO much more to jb than 'stolen' apps. I couldn't care less about that part.
    I agree that there's a lot of awesome apps available on a jailbroken phone, I just don't see how not having them makes the iPhone unusable or crappy. Personally, what I love about the iphone is the user interface. The way the different contacts+maps+phone apps work seamlessly together among other things.

That's what makes the phone special in my eyes. Functionality is becoming less and less important since all the smart phones can now do all the basic stuff anyway. It's the user experience that's becoming important now. As I see it anyway.
    2010-04-16 04:27 PM
    I agree that there's a lot of awesome apps available on a jailbroken phone, I just don't see how not having them makes the iPhone unusable or crappy. Personally, what I love about the iphone is the user interface. The way the different contacts+maps+phone apps work seamlessly together among other things.

That's what makes the phone special in my eyes. Functionality is becoming less and less important since all the smart phones can now do all the basic stuff anyway. It's the user experience that's becoming important now. As I see it anyway.
    I agree with ya. I'm just mad right now I'll cool off and back away from the OpenSource ledge soon enough.

If I could just change the txt sound to silent for certain people but not others, that'd be enough for me. Even a razr could do that.

Anyone know if the OS 4.0 has any extra features that would keep annoying folks from buzzing my phone?
    2010-04-16 04:40 PM
    ok this might sound so weird. I upgraded to 3.1.3 and of course i didnt have shsh file saved on saurik sever. I gave my phone to this guy and after a while looking at it. He said he would delete all the files from my phone everything (so its wanna be a blank phone) nothing in it and coppy all the configurations from another phone. And magically, it works now im with 3.1.2. Dont ask me how to do it cuz i dont know how to. Just give u guys a hint. Good luck
    2010-04-16 05:28 PM
    ok this might sound so weird. I upgraded to 3.1.3 and of course i didnt have shsh file saved on saurik sever. I gave my phone to this guy and after a while looking at it. He said he would delete all the files from my phone everything (so its wanna be a blank phone) nothing in it and coppy all the configurations from another phone. And magically, it works now im with 3.1.2. Dont ask me how to do it cuz i dont know how to. Just give u guys a hint. Good luck
    Maybe it was a 3G phone?
    2010-04-16 05:30 PM
    By the way, is your iPhone 3GS new bootrom?
    2010-04-16 07:17 PM
    Maybe it was a 3G phone?
    3gs bro
    yup my phone has new bootroom
    Last edited by iloveiphones; 2010-04-18 at 04:43 AM.
    2010-04-18 04:41 AM
    Moat likely a 3G
    Keithsta
    2010-04-18 04:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD