Hi guys,

Not sure if anyone can help me resolve my problem below. The research I have made on the internet have not helped so far...

Origin of the problem

My iphone was running on a 3.1.2 JB firmware and I was perfectly happy with it. I did not upgrade on 3.1.3 and did not even plan to do so.

I had an annoying problem with my contact manager (it would not allow me to change or add any new ones) so I decided to use the "parameter reset" of my iphone to try to fix the problem....
    unfortunately, the iphone would not start again and get stuck on the apple logo after reboot, so my only solution left was to re-install the 3.1.2 FW...

As everybody knows, apple wont let us install or restore any previous FW because of the server verification check...

well...i did not have time to use the cydia uploading (Saurik's server)

The questions

I have 2 questions:

1 - Even if i did not upload my iphone signature on the the Saurik's server, I did, in the past, save my ECID, IbEC AND iBSS .
    is there any ways of manually (without Cydia) uploading this information into the Saurik's server?

2 - if there is nothing I can do at this stage to restore my FW, would you advise me to upgrade to 3.1.3 (I could use the apps but not my phone since mine was unlocked) or stay in 3.1.2 (not working) until another solution becomes available (maybe the 4.0...)

thanks for your help!
    2010-04-23 11:17 PM
    You could restore with a custom firmware through recovery mode to 3.1.2 and it should work, or if you have your .SHSH file try with TinyTSS for a local "signing" with the original firmware. Today I used a CFW created with Pwnage Tool on a friend's Mac and it restored, but I can't unlock with blacksn0w I don't know why but you could try, you might have better luck than me. Sorry if my english is so bad
    2010-04-24 12:46 AM
    Use google to search for the IBEC and IBSS thing. Not because I don't want to tell you but I don't know exactly what's needed. Though I am pretty sure you can use the files to restore to the version that was being signed when you saved them. There might even be an automatic tool for it.

If you have a phone with the old bootrom, you could use a CFW as the poster above me said.
    2010-04-24 01:14 AM
    thanks for your answers guys.

axlindahouse ==> restoring with a custom firmware would still require Itune i think? if yes, how would that bypass the server verification process since I did not use cydia to upload my signature?

dhamien==> This almost worked, I actually found what you were referring to in this forum : http://modmyi.com/forums/3g-s-downgr...s-folders.html
    unfortunately, I don't have ALL required files..but that was a great solution! thanks!
    2010-04-24 03:01 AM
    Yes it requires the restore through iTunes and I don't know how it works but a Custom Firmware "jumps" the verification process.
    2010-04-24 03:05 AM
    axlindahouse, it actually did bypass the server check process, but now I am having a Itune error (the 1600 one), tried different firmware, different PC... i am not gonna get over it!

well, it eventually worked! after trying on different machines , dowloading numerous Custome firmware, one worked and I got back my iphone!!

axlindahouse, thanks a lot for your help mate, you're the man!
    Last edited by Lasentence; 2010-04-24 at 11:08 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-04-24 11:08 AM
    Haha thanks man. Mine restored perfectly in the first try, did you put the iPhone in recovery mode before the restore (turn off the phone, hold the home button and connect the USB getting the itunes and the USB cable image)? It's the way to restore with a CFW. But the great news is your iPhone is back!!! One question, after this, can you unlock with blacksn0w? Cuz i can't i don't know why, i'm on 3.1.2 with 5.11.07 baseband and the phone freezes and need a restore everytime i install blacksn0w
    2010-04-24 03:48 PM
    Haha thanks man. Mine restored perfectly in the first try, did you put the iPhone in recovery mode before the restore (turn off the phone, hold the home button and connect the USB getting the itunes and the USB cable image)? It's the way to restore with a CFW. But the great news is your iPhone is back!!! One question, after this, can you unlock with blacksn0w? Cuz i can't i don't know why, i'm on 3.1.2 with 5.11.07 baseband and the phone freezes and need a restore everytime i install blacksn0w
    the original blacksn0w should work with your phone but since it doesn't, try RC2. You can get that by going into Cydia > Manage > Sources > Edit > Add - then add the repo http://cydia.pushfix.info/ - then search for and install blacksn0w RC2 Final.
    2010-04-24 03:58 PM
    Thanks dhamien, i did what you told now the phone keeps saying "searching" on the signal bar, and the functions are a little buggy now. What happens in the signal was the same with ultrasn0w and i thinks it's not gonna work. Maybe if i restore with the original firmware and then jailbreak with blacksn0w RC3 but... I don't have the SHSH for 3.1.2, i tried to get it with umbrella, autoshsh and shsh grabber but when i try the restore using tinytss with the i got iTunes send a 300X error. Thanks a lot!
    2010-04-24 04:16 PM
    As you found out, you can't restore without the 3.1.2 SHSH so that's out of the question.

However, the CFW really should work. I suggest you make/download another one from another site/source. Preferably one made with pwnagetool.

Here's what you should look for in a CFW:
    pwnagetool made
    700mb-1gb partition
    activated
    cydia installed and nothing else
    stock boot and recovery logos

In any case, you should stick to blacksn0w RC2 (the jailbreak tool is called blackra1n) for unlocking as it fixes the wifi and boot loop problems that some users experience with blacksn0w RC1.
    2010-04-24 05:17 PM
    axlindahouse, yes of course i put my iphone on restore mode (I think the 16xx error has something to do with USB connection errors...). anyway, the unlock worked well yes, I could not use blackrain application as it would not appear on my iphone but I used Cydia ad installed blacksn0w to unlock. (from blackweather as a source though).

I meant from www.black ra1n.com
    Last edited by Lasentence; 2010-04-26 at 06:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-04-26 06:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD