So if 3.2 comes out on 4/30 or whenever it does, am I correct in understanding that there is a jailbreak ready and that 3GS users with 3.1.3 and 5.12.1 BB unjailbroken phone be able to upgrade to 3.2 and jailbreak? will this solve the problems that we are all having? some people say wait until 3.2, others say no JB until 4.0
    thanks in advance
    2010-04-28 11:43 PM
    there will be a 3.1.3 JB for 3Gs users on 5.12.1 on Friday ( according to stealthbravo in another thread)
    2010-04-28 11:50 PM
    Second that, there will be a jailbreak this friday, but no unlock from what i understand... That is from many source's
    2010-04-28 11:54 PM
    I thought they are saving the new exploit when 4.0 comes out. No point wasting the exploit for a no new feature of OS 3.1.3
    2010-04-29 12:02 AM
    One thing is definate....IF u are on the Old Bootroom and currently jailbroken. You will ALWAYS be able to JB no matter what firmware is out, hehe.....So with that being said. Bring it on Apple, i dont care what OS u release. Mine will still be jailbroken and unlocked, w00t!
    2010-04-29 12:10 AM
    Th thing with the 3.1.3 jb is that the 3.2 will be out so it doesn't matter if we use the 3.2 exploit on 3.1.3

well that's how I see it
    2010-04-29 12:32 AM
    They are planning to use one exploit (spirit) for the iPad jailbreak which consequently will also jailbreak all the new bootrom 3GS and IPT devices untethered. The jailbreak geohot has (limera1n?) will be saved for the new iPhone.
    2010-04-29 12:38 AM
    I thought they are saving the new exploit when 4.0 comes out. No point wasting the exploit for a no new feature of OS 3.1.3
    They have a different exploit for 4.0 that they are saving. Spirit is being used for this round and then the other will come when the new iPhone is out.

Well, I'm to slow.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]
    2010-04-29 12:39 AM
    so is "spirit" also going to Unlock the iphone 3gs? If not when will this be available?
    2010-04-29 01:01 AM
    No there is no unlock this round. The 4.0 beta already shows they are updating the baseband so they are going to wait to unlock when the new iPhone comes out. Instead of wasting it on an already old baseband.
    2010-04-29 01:07 AM
    wow that really sucks. I think a lot of people were expecting the unlock as well.
    2010-04-29 01:12 AM
    Yea but why waste it when we already know it will be going away again soon, as seen in the betas now. And then the new iPhone will not be unlocked. I think people would rather wait and have a unlock work on the new phone also then buying it and having to wait longer. It is never a win situation for the devs on the unlock situation because people buy new phones that are locked and people upgrade "accidently" then demand another unlock.
    2010-04-29 01:15 AM
    wow that really sucks. I think a lot of people were expecting the unlock as well.
    To be honest, i think "a lot of" people will be happy with an untehered jailbreak, especially those on the new boot rom
    2010-04-29 01:39 AM
    will the jailbreak work on the 4.0 beta?
    2010-04-29 01:44 AM
    This is what I think Jailbreaking on all devices will be possible except the new Iphone 4G ( Hardware Changes). As for the Unlock, there is not going to be any new unlocked soon because the Baseband keep changing.
    As of right now, only three unlockings tools available, they are Yellowsn0w, Ultrasn0w and Blacksn0w and if you missed all of that , you are out of luck.
    2010-04-29 03:03 AM
    To be honest, i think "a lot of" people will be happy with an untehered jailbreak, especially those on the new boot rom
    definitely,

I am (: I have no need for an unlock as I use the provider that my phone is locked to. I just want a jailbreak so I have some freedom on how I can use my phone like themes, 3rd party apps and stuff like that can't wait.
    2010-04-29 07:15 AM
    I have no need for a unlock but the wife does...LOL
    Just got a "new" iphone from apple replacement & its the wrong damn provider (my old one) she wants to use... D'oh so anyway when can we see a unlock for 3gs 3.1.3 ? How far in the future is the new 4g comin out..?

Peace
    2010-04-29 06:14 PM
    Release date will be announced at the WWDC on June 7th. I expect it to hit stores late June.
    2010-04-29 06:17 PM
    damn, all i wanted was to buy a 3rd party paid app ( intelliscreen ) so i can get the long missed feature on every new dam smart phone. Missed call, text, email reminder notifications...............

Something is going on in background, as its amazing that the SPIRIT creator was amazed at old new that apple can patch within 1 day a web exploit to jailbreak. Old news..... something else is developing behind the scene....

Reality is, 3.1.3 users have or are willing to SHSH prior to jailbreak. So they can downgrade if needed. No new firmware is out yet for public users on iphone... so exploit is usable still. Your initial incling on releasing when ipad 3g released was smart in another sense, 30th of month on a friday evening.... guess what, apple programmers not at work will monday so exploit if at earliest would not hit itunes till Tuesday earliest giving you 3 days of superpraise. And if anyone stupid enouh to update to a new firmware, well its there fault from now till jb and even after jb unless a new jb released or unlock.

As posted already all userland jailbreaks have been patched quickly......................... yours will be too, once released.
    2010-04-29 11:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD