Hi
    I have an iPhone 3GS 3.1.3 and I do not know if I have a new boot ROM and mc models. serial number is xx930 so it means it's old boot ROM, but it is also saying Model MCxxxxx. I checked with usbview and then it was that it was 359.3, which means that I should have the old one. Do I have new mc models or new boot ROM or what?
    I'm trying to jailbreak with the 0.9.4 Redsn0w but if I take 'no' to new MC model, redsn0w will make everything done but nothing happens next. It will not restart. Do I say yes to mc model everything will work and I run the program again to start it with threading and it starts but is not downgraded. Can someone help me. What am I doing wrong.
    2010-04-30 04:14 PM
    Hi
    I have an iPhone 3GS 3.1.3 and I do not know if I have a new boot ROM and mc models. serial number is xx930 so it means it's old boot ROM, but it is also saying Model MCxxxxx. I checked with usbview and then it was that it was 359.3, which means that I should have the old one. Do I have new mc models or new boot ROM or what?
    I'm trying to jailbreak with the 0.9.4 Redsn0w but if I take 'no' to new MC model, redsn0w will make everything done but nothing happens next. It will not restart. Do I say yes to mc model everything will work and I run the program again to start it with threading and it starts but is not downgraded. Can someone help me. What am I doing wrong.
    You can't jailbreak it, doesn't matter oldbootrom or newbootrom.
    There should be a new jailbreak coming out either today or tommorrow.
    2010-04-30 05:40 PM
    MC/MB model can't be used to determine anything useful about 3GS phones. It's a widespread misunderstanding. It doesn't say anything about the bootrom and it doesn't say anything about whether it's jailbreakable or not.

What matters is the iBoot version and as you have version 359.3, you have the old bootrom.
    2010-05-01 01:14 PM
    Why cant i jailbreak it and what is the new jailbreak. Name and version?

MC/MB model can't be used to determine anything useful about 3GS phones. It's a widespread misunderstanding. It doesn't say anything about the bootrom and it doesn't say anything about whether it's jailbreakable or not.

What matters is the iBoot version and as you have version 359.3, you have the old bootrom.
    Why cant i jailbreak it. I have old boot rom so everything should work. Why won't my iphone reboot after jailbreaking?
    Last edited by Larsson24; 2010-05-01 at 07:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-05-01 07:41 PM
    Why cant i jailbreak it and what is the new jailbreak. Name and version?

Why cant i jailbreak it. I have old boot rom so everything should work. Why won't my iphone reboot after jailbreaking?
    You can't jailbreak because you're on firmware 3.1.3. That version is not jailbreakable at the moment. It will be in a few days when the Spirit jailbreak is released.
    2010-05-01 07:44 PM
    You can't jailbreak because you're on firmware 3.1.3. That version is not jailbreakable at the moment. It will be in a few days when the Spirit jailbreak is released.
    Okej thanks for the name but why do i see so many videos on youtube where they downgrade to 3.1.2 with redsn0w and then jailbreak with blackra1n.
    2010-05-01 07:48 PM
    It's possible to downgrade if you've stored the signatures (SHSH blobs) for a specific firmware version. For anyone that hasn't stored the file, that's not possible.
    2010-05-01 07:54 PM
    If you cannot downgrade to stock 3.1.2 means you cannot jailbreak. 3GS and 3G models are different in a way by the Shsh blob.
    2010-05-01 08:00 PM
    Okej thanks and can you see somewhere when spirtis will be released. Does he have a website where he will release it on or where should i look. When you know it is release pls send me a link our something on this post. THANKS
    2010-05-01 08:00 PM
    Okej thanks and can you see somewhere when spirtis will be released. Does he have a website where he will release it on or where should i look. When you know it is release pls send me a link our something on this post. THANKS
    when it is released , it will be on the front page. Spirit will not work with Itunes 9.1.1, it will remove the files automatically by Itunes, so do not update Itunes....
    2010-05-01 08:02 PM
    when it is released , it will be on the front page. Spirit will not work with Itunes 9.1.1, it will remove the files automatically by Itunes, so do not update Itunes....
    That's not really true. iTunes 9.1.1 is fine for Spirit. Though, future releases of iTunes should be avoided.
    2010-05-01 08:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD