User Tag List

Okay I finally tricked Itunes and downgraded my Iphone to 3.0.1(7A400) But now the problem is that the Baseband is still 05.12.01(3.1.3 Firmware) Instead of a lower one Need help.. Im stuck here.. I need a 3.0.1 Jailbreaker.. Do you know any?

Do you know where can I get the redsn0w 0.7?
    Last edited by rony31; 2010-05-03 at 09:26 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-05-03 09:26 AM
    You can't downgrade the baseband, unless you're one of the lucky few with the 5.8 boot loader on a 3G. 90% of the 3Gs and all of the 3GSs can't downgrade the baseband. Might as well go back to 3.1.3 and jailbreak that.
    2010-05-03 03:33 PM
    Well.. But Can I install a custom firmware now?? Because I downloaded a Firmware 3.1.3 that claims that you can use it with any company
    2010-05-03 06:40 PM
    Once the baseband is changed it can't be changed back.
    2010-05-03 06:47 PM
    **** Apple
    2010-05-03 07:56 PM
    **** Apple
    Use Redsn0w 0.8 to jailbreak first, you will need the fw 3.0 to do that. Once jailbroken, only then you can use a Custom Firmware 3.1.3 to restore. That's it , you are done.
    2010-05-03 09:19 PM
    Hi all - Help desperate help needed please!

Today out of the blue, my iPhone 3GS (new boot version) running 3.1.2 and jailbroken/unlocked decided to display the recovery screen. Itunes states that I need to restore it. I know that my SHSH key for 3.1.2 is stored on the Cydia servers because I've seen the "this device has......on file" many times. So, I've followed just about every piece of advice I can get my mouse to click. I've downloaded a 3.1.2 FW file, I've edited my hosts file to trick Apple. I've pressed the home button andn the shift button at the right time during the recovery attempt but I keep getting one of the following two messages; "error 3014" which I think is linked to a network issue because I turned off my firewall and dont get that message anymore. Now when I try to restore using my downloaded FW file, I get the message saying this device is not eligible! I'm going crazy here. Figured I'd be safe if I had my SHSH keys saved and I didn't do a stock upgrade. But here I am. Can somebody help me....Please!!
    regards, Aquilono
    2010-05-04 12:23 AM
    Hi all - Help desperate help needed please!

Today out of the blue, my iPhone 3GS (new boot version) running 3.1.2 and jailbroken/unlocked decided to display the recovery screen. Itunes states that I need to restore it. I know that my SHSH key for 3.1.2 is stored on the Cydia servers because I've seen the "this device has......on file" many times. So, I've followed just about every piece of advice I can get my mouse to click. I've downloaded a 3.1.2 FW file, I've edited my hosts file to trick Apple. I've pressed the home button andn the shift button at the right time during the recovery attempt but I keep getting one of the following two messages; "error 3014" which I think is linked to a network issue because I turned off my firewall and dont get that message anymore. Now when I try to restore using my downloaded FW file, I get the message saying this device is not eligible! I'm going crazy here. Figured I'd be safe if I had my SHSH keys saved and I didn't do a stock upgrade. But here I am. Can somebody help me....Please!!
    regards, Aquilono
    I don't understand what you mean by Home and Shift button. When restoring to a file on your computer for PC you do a Shift + Restore on (Itunes). Assuming you have done that correctly, and the error says not eligible, means you don't have the file ( you can check if you have it by using fw umbrella ). If it does not create a 3.1.2 shsh file in the folder, then you cannot restore to 3.1.2. You may have to go to 3.1.3 and jailbreak but you lose your unlock.

Note : Before you plan to restore to 3.1.3, try running Quickpwn22.1 or Ireb from iH8sn0w again and see if it can get you out of this recovery mode on 3.1.2
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-05-04 at 04:54 AM.
    2010-05-04 04:48 AM
    Thanks for hitting me back Yeow - top bloke! I sorted it. Believe me, I was doing everything correctly! I managed to find on a forum somewhere that when editing the hosts file, the code at the end does not have to be "74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com" which is what Saurik has on his website Caching Apple's Signature Server - Jay Freeman (saurik)). Instead, I used the following code at the end of the hosts file "74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com". This worked a treat. So anybody trying to restore back to firmware 3.1.2, if you KNOW you have your SHSH keys filed with Saurik and you're still getting error messages like "3014" or "device not eligible", try this code instead. Cheers again Yeow!
    2010-05-04 11:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD