User Tag List

i think im on with the same boat right here.

i also have the same problem right now. previously im on 3.1.2, jailbroken and unlocked iphone. after running spirit im stucked in recovery mode. and in my case i had desperately updated my firmware into 3.1.3 hoping i could jailbreak my iphone, but then i had an error with jailbreaking using spirit. i have a korean iphone 3gs and i need a korean simcard to activate my iphone. but then i do not have one since im in philippines right now. and just the rest of us here. iv got a brickd iphone, stucked in conect to itunes and emergency screen, merely a paper weight.
    Last edited by ralphociravla; 2010-05-06 at 05:10 PM.
    2010-05-06 05:04 PM
    confirmed till now is:

1. No pwnage tool release for new bootrom devices to upgrade fw without baseband update.*
    https://twitter.com/ih8sn0w/status/13420456768

2. No fix for blackrain -> spirit
    https://twitter.com/ih8sn0w/status/13452878132

https://twitter.com/ih8sn0w/status/13485808114

3. all paid solutions are fake. they will hold your money, till a free tool is out.

4. No 05.12. unlock.
    it would be a waste of time for the devs, bec 4.0 is on the way.

https://twitter.com/ih8sn0w/status/13311025489

==> That means go for 3.1.3 use ur iphone as ipod touch till baseband unlock for FW 4.0 comes.
    2010-05-06 06:02 PM
    confirmed till now is:

1. No pwnage tool release for new bootrom devices to upgrade fw without baseband update.*
    https://twitter.com/ih8sn0w/status/13420456768

2. No fix for blackrain -> spirit
    https://twitter.com/ih8sn0w/status/13452878132

https://twitter.com/ih8sn0w/status/13485808114

3. all paid solutions are fake. they will hold your money, till a free tool is out.

4. No 05.12. unlock.
    it would be a waste of time for the devs, bec 4.0 is on the way.

https://twitter.com/ih8sn0w/status/13311025489

==> That means go for 3.1.3 use ur iphone as ipod touch till baseband unlock for FW 4.0 comes.
    That sounds really depressing for you guys...it is not the " End of the World " cheer up...lol
    2010-05-06 06:08 PM
    People good news new version of Spirit will unlock 3.1.3 with baseband 5.12
    See details: 'Spirit' Jailbreak Can Jailbreak And Unlock iPhone OS 3.1.3 - iPhone Hacks
    2010-05-06 06:47 PM
    official legal expensive unlock:
    Official iPhone Unlock

official legal expensive unlock:
    Official iPhone Unlock
    Last edited by ckislam; 2010-05-06 at 07:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-05-06 07:46 PM
    hi, also got a 3Gs 3.1.2 stuck in recovery loop after running spirit over blackra1n (btw, iClarified Tutorial doesnīt mention this problem, sigh).has anybody got an idea how to get out the recovery loop? i donīt necessarily need the spirit jailbreak, just to get back to my 3.1.2 would be a dream!
    2010-05-07 11:30 AM
    will updating itunes has any effect on this? Because i havent update my itunes to 9.1.1 not even 9.0. yet because im affraid it might have some effect or whatever it is to block my jailbroken ipod. But then what if i want to jailbreak an ipad, imma have to update it to 9.1.1 because spirit requires 9 and up itunes firmware. Will it be safe for my ipod 3rd gen. if i were to update my itunes firmware to the most current firmware(which is 9.1.1)? And sorry if im not on topic, i just feel obligated that i should ask.
    Last edited by lochris; 2010-05-07 at 01:08 PM.
    2010-05-07 01:06 PM
    Your good, update
    2010-05-07 01:29 PM
    hi, also got a 3Gs 3.1.2 stuck in recovery loop after running spirit over blackra1n (btw, iClarified Tutorial doesnīt mention this problem, sigh).has anybody got an idea how to get out the recovery loop? i donīt necessarily need the spirit jailbreak, just to get back to my 3.1.2 would be a dream!
    m too i bet a good few people made this mistake

i dont have any blobs saved is there a way to restore without them as i need 312 for my unlock in the uk

any help thanx
    2010-05-07 03:49 PM
    m too i bet a good few people made this mistake

i dont have any blobs saved is there a way to restore without them as i need 312 for my unlock in the uk

any help thanx
    Not on a 3gs
    2010-05-07 05:22 PM
    Hi guys!
    I might have a solution to this. At least I can describe what happens to me. I have a 3gs 3.1.2 unlocked with blackra1n and I also tried to use Spirit aswhell. I got into the same loop but got my Iphone back to the original state in about 1 and a half hours.
    1. I have my shsh backed up on my computer. I got them a while ago from Cydia servers using Umberella.
    2. I have windows 7 and cannot fool Itunes by modifying the hosts file. It just connects to the right server anyway. Instead of this I used tinytts software to feed my shsh directly to Itunes.
    3. After tricking Itunes I used a backup restore file version 3.1.2 that I have on my pc also. I think you can easilly find a clean version in the Internet and feed it to Itunes while holding shift before pressing restore.
    4. After restore has been completed I used blackra1n again.
    5. I managed to restore my programs to my Iphone from Itunes: it asked me if i wanted to add my Iphone as a new one or restore from backup (this is after firmware restore).
    Try this way. I think that many of you cannot get past by tricking the Itunes with the host file.

good luck.
    If you need some files just let me know. I will put them somewhere. I'm going to bed now. 4 am here )

good luck
    2010-05-08 02:02 AM
    am i able to use smeone elses shsh file as i dont have my own also the firmware would be good thanx
    2010-05-08 02:07 AM
    am i able to use smeone elses shsh file as i dont have my own also the firmware would be good thanx
    You cannot use someone shsh file to downgrade.

Hi guys!
    I might have a solution to this. At least I can describe what happens to me. I have a 3gs 3.1.2 unlocked with blackra1n and I also tried to use Spirit aswhell. I got into the same loop but got my Iphone back to the original state in about 1 and a half hours.
    1. I have my shsh backed up on my computer. I got them a while ago from Cydia servers using Umberella.
    2. I have windows 7 and cannot fool Itunes by modifying the hosts file. It just connects to the right server anyway. Instead of this I used tinytts software to feed my shsh directly to Itunes.
    3. After tricking Itunes I used a backup restore file version 3.1.2 that I have on my pc also. I think you can easilly find a clean version in the Internet and feed it to Itunes while holding shift before pressing restore.
    4. After restore has been completed I used blackra1n again.
    5. I managed to restore my programs to my Iphone from Itunes: it asked me if i wanted to add my Iphone as a new one or restore from backup (this is after firmware restore).
    Try this way. I think that many of you cannot get past by tricking the Itunes with the host file.

good luck.
    If you need some files just let me know. I will put them somewhere. I'm going to bed now. 4 am here )

good luck
    I don't think it it the Win7 not being able to point to Cydia, the server is overloaded and currently down if you can't downgrade using the shsh file with Cydia. Yes you can setup your own local server by doing your method.

The question now is how did you get out of the bootloop (stuck on Apple logo) after using Spirit jailbreak on top of Blackra1n jailbreak ? Let us share your experience
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-05-08 at 02:32 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-05-08 02:32 AM
    good day everyone! i would like to ask for advice before jailbreaking my iphone 3GS. i bought this iphone 3GS last month and its already in 3.1.3 (7E18) model MC133J and modem firmware 05.12.01. will it be safe to jailbreak it using the spirit and will i still have a chance to unlock it in the future?
    2010-05-08 06:35 AM
    My 3gs is so f'd up because of this it wont even restore to original 3.1.3 now. I forsee a trip to the Apple store soon....
    2010-05-08 06:44 AM
    good day everyone! i would like to ask for advice before jailbreaking my iphone 3GS. i bought this iphone 3GS last month and its already in 3.1.3 (7E18) model MC133J and modem firmware 05.12.01. will it be safe to jailbreak it using the spirit and will i still have a chance to unlock it in the future?
    your good to jailbreak your iphone 3GS using spirit. if it is factory unlocked. but if its not factory unlocked, you need to have a valid sim to activate your iphone to get pass thru emergency screen so you can do the JB using spirit. if you dont have a valid simcard and it is not factory unlocked. then you are stuckd with the emergency screen. just like mine.
    2010-05-08 07:44 AM
    After being stuck on apple logo I used blackra1n again. This got me to the plug in to iTunes logo. From there I was able to restore back to 3.1.2 as described above, using tinytts and previously backed up shsh file from my pc.
    2010-05-08 08:39 AM
    @skittulici if u successfully restored, then why did u use blackra1n again?? why not spirit (untethered) ?
    2010-05-08 01:37 PM
    is there a way to restore, not restore and upgrade as it offers me?

i have a 3gs that came on 312, i blakrain jb'd it the used sprit not its in boot loop i didnt save any shsh files?

i need 312 for unlock in uk any ideas please
    2010-05-08 02:13 PM
    hi again everyone! i was trying to jailbreak my 3GS but the SPIRIT seemed to have problems with itunes 9.1.1 a message always popping out saying that i should install the right version of itunes. hope someone can give me some advice....
    2010-05-08 03:13 PM
97 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD