Hi all,

I've had a 3GS with fw3.1.2/bb5.11.07 for one month now, jailbroken with blackra1n.

Yesterday I was having problems with my iTunes (some sort of sync server message), so I stupidly upgraded Tunes to 9.1.1. I'm not sure if that was really a problem and research so far doesn't show that 9.1.1 is giving ther users a problem. Anyway, bottom line is, my blackra1n stopped working, so now I'm in recovery mode and with no way to get out.

I've been trying to restore to FW 3.1.2 but am having no luck - the restore is not getting signed (yes, I am in DFU mode and have set up my hosts files to point to Saurik's server, etc.). So, I've been trying to use firmware Umbrella to get/check my 3.1.2 SHSH blobs. Again, no luck.

So, here's my question. I did choose the option to save my SHSH when I first got the phone and every time I an Cydia, I would see some message such as "This device has SHSHs on file for iPhone OS: ..." and that's where my memory gets fuzzy. I never really paid attention to what FW versions I had SHSHs on file for because I never thought I would need it. If I bought the device/had it unlocked/ran Cydia for the first time AFTER 3.1.3 was already released (in early February, I think), is it even possible for Cydia to save my SHSHs for 3.1.2?

Is there some alternate way besides Firmware Umbrella for me to check which SHSHs Cydia has on file for me? I fear I am well and truly screwed By the way, I live in Vietnam and therefore need an unlock which is why I'm going nuts, otherwise I would just JB with Spirit and be done with it.
    Last edited by tonicboy; 2010-05-07 at 06:19 PM. Reason: formatting
    2010-05-07 06:17 PM
    The day 3.1.3 was released is the day you can no longer get your 3.1.2 SHSH because Apple no longer signed that FW.
    2010-05-07 06:24 PM
    The day 3.1.3 was released is the day you can no longer get your 3.1.2 SHSH because Apple no longer signed that FW.
    So, even though I bought a 3.1.2 device and dutifully saved my SHSHs from day one, I'm screwed? *sigh* That's the conclusion I came to after research but I just wanted it verified before I restored to 3.1.3. Well, at least I have my 3.1.3 SHSHs on the server and locally now in case of future problems. Here's hoping the wait for a 3.1.3 unlock isn't too long. Thanks for the reply.
    2010-05-07 06:30 PM
    try to put it in recovery mode and use autoshsh
    2010-05-07 08:26 PM
    Hi all,

I've had a 3GS with fw3.1.2/bb5.11.07 for one month now, jailbroken with blackra1n.

Yesterday I was having problems with my iTunes (some sort of sync server message), so I stupidly upgraded Tunes to 9.1.1. I'm not sure if that was really a problem and research so far doesn't show that 9.1.1 is giving ther users a problem. Anyway, bottom line is, my blackra1n stopped working, so now I'm in recovery mode and with no way to get out.

I've been trying to restore to FW 3.1.2 but am having no luck - the restore is not getting signed (yes, I am in DFU mode and have set up my hosts files to point to Saurik's server, etc.). So, I've been trying to use firmware Umbrella to get/check my 3.1.2 SHSH blobs. Again, no luck.

So, here's my question. I did choose the option to save my SHSH when I first got the phone and every time I an Cydia, I would see some message such as "This device has SHSHs on file for iPhone OS: ..." and that's where my memory gets fuzzy. I never really paid attention to what FW versions I had SHSHs on file for because I never thought I would need it. If I bought the device/had it unlocked/ran Cydia for the first time AFTER 3.1.3 was already released (in early February, I think), is it even possible for Cydia to save my SHSHs for 3.1.2?

Is there some alternate way besides Firmware Umbrella for me to check which SHSHs Cydia has on file for me? I fear I am well and truly screwed By the way, I live in Vietnam and therefore need an unlock which is why I'm going nuts, otherwise I would just JB with Spirit and be done with it.
    The only way is to restore to 3.1.3 and lose your unlock. People who need unlock and don't have 3.1.2 shsh file should stay at 3.1.2. Having a tethered jailbreak and unlock is better than untethered jailbreak and no unlock...
    2010-05-07 08:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD