Hey folks..I can't seem to find a black and white answer to my question..

I have a 3GS, jailbroken using Blackra1n. The ios version is 3.1.2 (7D11). My ShSh's are stored on sauriks server.. It says in Cydia for 3.1.2 and 3.1.3. I am not unlocked.

I want to restore back to factory 3.1.2. Then upgrade to 3.1.3, and then install 4.0 GM (which i have the ipsw for).

My question is HOW? And is it possible to brick the phone its unrecoverable?

I do not need it to be unlocked at all.. I have ATT SIM..

TIA

PS.. I searched and searched and it seems everyone has either 3.1.3, is unlocked, or is in some other situation than mine..

I don't care about keeping files/contacts or any of that crap..
    2010-06-17 10:41 AM
    I did this last night. All I did was restore to 3.1.3 (you don't have to go to 3.1.2 first). Then when on the sync setup in iTunes, hold shift and click restore. Pick the .ispw and continue from there. Your contacts will probably back up automatically if you have had it set up that way. Cake...
    2010-06-17 02:16 PM
    Hey folks..I can't seem to find a black and white answer to my question..

I have a 3GS, jailbroken using Blackra1n. The ios version is 3.1.2 (7D11). My ShSh's are stored on sauriks server.. It says in Cydia for 3.1.2 and 3.1.3. I am not unlocked.

I want to restore back to factory 3.1.2. Then upgrade to 3.1.3, and then install 4.0 GM (which i have the ipsw for).

My question is HOW? And is it possible to brick the phone its unrecoverable?

I do not need it to be unlocked at all.. I have ATT SIM..

TIA

PS.. I searched and searched and it seems everyone has either 3.1.3, is unlocked, or is in some other situation than mine..

I don't care about keeping files/contacts or any of that crap..
    Make it easy on yourself and wait the 4 days until official iOS4 is released. It's possible that you can't even go to 4 GM.

2000 posts woop woop
    2010-06-17 11:01 PM
    Thanks for the reponses.. I actually said f#ck it and just did it.. I used the SHSH's to restore to 3.1.2, upgraded to 3.1.3, and then to 4.0. Took about 25 minutes total and went flawlessly..
    2010-06-18 12:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD