This was an absolutely excellent guide and worked perfectly for me. Thank you very much!
    2010-06-24 02:32 PM
    ^^^^^^^ Same with me this tutorial worked for me also.
    2010-06-24 05:07 PM
    Hi bondkt,
    thanks for your reply,
    just now I tried again and this time I got error 1015, but I was stuck at step 4, what do you mean by "When you see the apple logo on your phone, press OK. A blue box will appear after, just press OK to that as well."
    I couldnt see this OK button and after my Iphone got restarted, the quickpwn got crashed, is this normal?

please advice

regards,
    FF
    2010-06-24 05:46 PM
    Hello,
    Im trying to restore my iPhone 3G with 3.1.2 but it hangs at 65% and itunes does not gives any error message, just the normal "restoring iphone software".
    Can someone give me help?
    Thanks
    2010-06-24 08:22 PM
    put it dfu and then try=p
    2010-06-24 08:29 PM
    HI thanks for fast reply.

Same problem stops at 65%.
    Any other ways?
    Thanks
    2010-06-24 10:28 PM
    dear all, finally I manage to restore my Iphone, and it is now under iOS4, thank for all the helps.
    the only mistake I did was I didn't insert my Sim card during restore process, as I am now in China so I was using local sim card, instead of my original sim card.

Regards,
    FF
    2010-06-25 03:49 AM
    Hello,

please help me. I've got an iPhone 3GS with old bootrom, but it's locker from T-Mob Germany. Yesterday I've got this iPhone from my neighbour, I should unlock it... All done with 3.1.3 an Spirit. After that I started Cydia again and pressed "Make my life easier".
    Ok.. I thought. Then lets update to 4.0.
    I did it and now the phone's stuck at 4.0.

How long does it take, when I can reach the SHSH File from Sauriks server ? 1h , 1day or immediately ?

Can anyone help ?
    2010-06-25 09:47 AM
    This guide worked perfectly for me. Other guides said to use iRec and other programs that simply would not work. So thank you very much!
    2010-06-25 12:13 PM
    I was also having a problem with a down-grade. I was on a iPhone 3GS JB 3.1.2, bought at the time of release. My shsh blob was on file with Cydia. Sadly, I could not get Cydia to give up the 3.1.2 shsh file. I kept getting a 3194 error. I found I could communicate with Saurik's server, but not get my hash. I installed tinyumbrella and learned a couple things that solved my problem...

1. Your ECID is in HEX, if it detects an ECID and display's it, the value will be in DEC. Don't be confused.

2. Look at the "Display SHSHs"... Back on my JB phone, Cydia confirmed mine was on file for 3.1.2. Well, a little problem here... Tinyumbrella was reporting that it had shsh files for 3.1.3 for 3GS, 4.0 for 3GS, and 3.1.2 for iPod 2G... ?!?! Somewhere, there is a bug that reports 3.1.2 to be mis-marked. Instead of me trying to return to 3.1.2, I went to 3.1.3. This worked... sort of... I would get the 1015 error. Follow the documents in the forums to resolve that and boom... all done.
    2010-06-25 08:29 PM
    Hey guys,
    I have read so many posts on so many different forums that I have become totally lost as to what you can and can't do with what requirements. Please forgive my question, as I'm sure its been addressed a million times,but as I said,it all begings to run togehter! I have a 5 week old Sprit jailbroken 3GS with my SHSH saved on Cydia. It is 3.1.3 7E18. I use Windows Vista. I'm not sure I want to do anything at this point, but I would like to know my options. I realize I can't re-jailbreak 4.0, but can I un-jailbreak, downgrade and then upgrade to 4.0? If so, can I then Jailbreak 4.0 when it becomes available?
    2010-06-26 12:20 AM
    Hello,

please help me. I've got an iPhone 3GS with old bootrom, but it's locker from T-Mob Germany. Yesterday I've got this iPhone from my neighbour, I should unlock it... All done with 3.1.3 an Spirit. After that I started Cydia again and pressed "Make my life easier".
    Ok.. I thought. Then lets update to 4.0.
    I did it and now the phone's stuck at 4.0.

How long does it take, when I can reach the SHSH File from Sauriks server ? 1h , 1day or immediately ?

Can anyone help ?
    you can't jailbreak 4.0 for 3GS right now (so no unlock unless its jailbroken)

Hey guys,
    I have read so many posts on so many different forums that I have become totally lost as to what you can and can't do with what requirements. Please forgive my question, as I'm sure its been addressed a million times,but as I said,it all begings to run togehter! I have a 5 week old Sprit jailbroken 3GS with my SHSH saved on Cydia. It is 3.1.3 7E18. I use Windows Vista. I'm not sure I want to do anything at this point, but I would like to know my options. I realize I can't re-jailbreak 4.0, but can I un-jailbreak, downgrade and then upgrade to 4.0? If so, can I then Jailbreak 4.0 when it becomes available?
    if you want a jailbreak again:

point your host file at sauriks server. restpre to 3.1.3, get error 1015.

follow my guide.

jb via spirit

wait for 4.0 jailbreak
    Last edited by bondkt; 2010-06-26 at 06:01 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-06-26 06:01 AM
    I think the SHSH server is down because I KNOW I have the SHSH blobs for 3.1+. I get the same 3194 error so I think the server is probably being overloaded from sn0wbreeze not working very well so everyone must be going back to old firmwares.
    2010-06-26 08:41 AM
    ****** sweet man, thanks for the props there. i finally found out what my problem was though...i started following the newest downgrade, the one on the main page to be able to jailbreak 4.0, went into recovery mode, edited the host file, (selected 3.1.3 instead of 3.1.2 because i don't want to have network problems) and then i finally got the (1015) message. i'm in the process of downloading the quickpwn so lets see what happens. i'll update.

{update] ok, quick, is anyone online right now that has done this process? i don't want to do anything wrong and have to restart the whole process...Do i click ok on the message that says "error(1015)"?

[update 8:38am est] ok, so i went on and clicked ok and closed out of itunes, started up quickpwn and used the ipsw, but not the one found here. although it should be the same type of file right? anyway, it came back as either unsupported or corrupted. i'm gonna try downloading the one from the site listed here. maybe i should've done that to begin with..

[final update]ok, so i'm done for now....it's not working with quickpwn i redownloaded the firmware and i keep getting the message saying its not a firmware verison supported. it may be corrupted." but i know for a fact i have 3.1.3. shsh on file. if someone could pm me or send me a message i'll be on for the next few hours.

ok, quick update, promise it's my last, for now. i went to go restore my phone to just have it working. and when i restored it, it was back at 3.1.3 but quick pwn didn't finish. so i'm kinda confused, but happy at the same time. i just hope nothing gets messed up..i guess i'll have to let you know.
    Last edited by bigtony423; 2010-06-26 at 03:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Check out my blog/music podcast at bit.ly/cY0ZYO
    2010-06-26 03:05 PM
    you can't jailbreak 4.0 for 3GS right now (so no unlock unless its jailbroken)

if you want a jailbreak again:

point your host file at sauriks server. restpre to 3.1.3, get error 1015.

follow my guide.

jb via spirit

wait for 4.0 jailbreak
    I really hate to be dense, but in this case I am. Are you saying that I can downgrade back to 3.1.3 and then upgrade to 4.0 if I decide to? And then, when a jailbreak becomes available, I can jailbreak 4.0?
    2010-06-26 03:11 PM
    Hi bigtony423,
    just to let the other know, actually I did the same thing as you did, quickpwn didn't work on mine, so I decided to restore and update to iOS4 directly, somehow it worked.

so far quite happy with iOS4, just notice taking picture is very fast now
    2010-06-26 06:07 PM
    It seems I cannot downgrade anymore no matter how hard I try. I've downgraded to 3.1.2 from 4.0 before but it isn't letting me anymore. I keep getting the 3194 error and I have my HOSTS file modified as well as tried to pull my blobs from my own computer. Whats the deal?
    2010-06-26 06:35 PM
    Flawless You guys are the best! Although it was not exactly as described it worked great!
    2010-06-26 11:52 PM
    Flawless You guys are the best! Although it was not exactly as described it worked great!
    please tell me what you mean so i can fix it?=p

It seems I cannot downgrade anymore no matter how hard I try. I've downgraded to 3.1.2 from 4.0 before but it isn't letting me anymore. I keep getting the 3194 error and I have my HOSTS file modified as well as tried to pull my blobs from my own computer. Whats the deal?
    i think Saurik's server is a bit crowded...

try 3.1.3\another pc\mac

I really hate to be dense, but in this case I am. Are you saying that I can downgrade back to 3.1.3 and then upgrade to 4.0 if I decide to? And then, when a jailbreak becomes available, I can jailbreak 4.0?
    yes. but you can't use a custom firmware if your on a new device\jailbroken with spirit.

****** sweet man, thanks for the props there. i finally found out what my problem was though...i started following the newest downgrade, the one on the main page to be able to jailbreak 4.0, went into recovery mode, edited the host file, (selected 3.1.3 instead of 3.1.2 because i don't want to have network problems) and then i finally got the (1015) message. i'm in the process of downloading the quickpwn so lets see what happens. i'll update.

{update] ok, quick, is anyone online right now that has done this process? i don't want to do anything wrong and have to restart the whole process...Do i click ok on the message that says "error(1015)"?

[update 8:38am est] ok, so i went on and clicked ok and closed out of itunes, started up quickpwn and used the ipsw, but not the one found here. although it should be the same type of file right? anyway, it came back as either unsupported or corrupted. i'm gonna try downloading the one from the site listed here. maybe i should've done that to begin with..

[final update]ok, so i'm done for now....it's not working with quickpwn i redownloaded the firmware and i keep getting the message saying its not a firmware verison supported. it may be corrupted." but i know for a fact i have 3.1.3. shsh on file. if someone could pm me or send me a message i'll be on for the next few hours.

ok, quick update, promise it's my last, for now. i went to go restore my phone to just have it working. and when i restored it, it was back at 3.1.3 but quick pwn didn't finish. so i'm kinda confused, but happy at the same time. i just hope nothing gets messed up..i guess i'll have to let you know.
    quickpwn doesn't jailbreak (anymore, used to be for 3.0 beta 5 back in the day).

all it does now is get you out of 1015. good job=P

I think the SHSH server is down because I KNOW I have the SHSH blobs for 3.1+. I get the same 3194 error so I think the server is probably being overloaded from sn0wbreeze not working very well so everyone must be going back to old firmwares.
    keep trying and also try other computers if you can.

HI thanks for fast reply.

Same problem stops at 65%.
    Any other ways?
    Thanks
    hmm try another computer? thats all i can think of atm
    Last edited by bondkt; 2010-06-27 at 02:02 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-06-27 02:02 AM
    This guide worked perfectly for me
    Thank you very much
    2010-06-27 01:19 PM
172 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD