Anyone got this to work on 3gs with newer bootrom?
    2010-07-09 02:59 PM
    Bro, thanks for the boost.. I was having a hard time trying to figure out after the 1015 error... Your guide really help me to restore back to 3.1.3 firmware, but I'm am kind of confused after number 4. I run quickpwn and and does everything it tell me to do and I got out of the bootloop and I click okay to continue. Then quickpwn tell me to select the firmware that my device is running. I select the ipsw file that I used with itunes earlier and it wouldn't accept it, so I just skip to number 6 and restore the files from the bin and delete the bin folder. Now itunes and everything seem to run normal, but I hope I completed the number 4. I just checked my info and see that it is currently running 3.1.3, but I don't remember that the firmware was 05.13.04, I remember it was 05.12.01.. Did I miss something?
    don't use quickpwn to jailbreak=p

i have an iphone 3gs
    Bootloader 6.4
    baseband 5.13.04
    model: mb718
    serial # 88001gl33ns

i upgraded to 4.0 then downgraded back to 3.1.3 but i still can't get past the Emergency call screen. its like no matter what i do the iphone remains stuck at the emergency call screen and itunes says to activate the phone using the sim card i received with the phone. I even inserted an ATT sim card and waited for it to bypass activation but nothing happened. What can i do at this point? Is my Imei blocked or something? if so, how do i find out? thanks!
    you inserted sim card have internet connect on a comp and connected to itunes, right?

Is it impossible to generate a previous blob if you are on 4.0 already?
    correct, impossible

i hava a 3gs that was jailbreak/unlock 3.1.2 via pwnage then i put it on recovery mode thinking that it was like the 3g but big mistake. this is a 3gs 32gb i think old bootrom according to serial number this one is week 27 . my question is Can i downgrade to 3.1.2 or 3.1.3 to put with tmobile. also in regard shsh i dont even knew about this crab til today reading lots of forums. please someone that can help me please lol
    see if you can restore to 3.1.2/3.1.3 after directing your host file to sauriks server. if get error 1015 on either of them you have your shsh saved and can restore.

Hi Im trying to get my 3Gs 3.1.3 unlocked but Im not sure if its possible. How do I get cydia to "hash" the older firmware? Also how do I edit the host file? Im noticing that its been way harder to jailbreak 3gs than it was to jailbreak my 3g. thanks very much for any help.
    Cydia can only hash the current firmware, 4.0.

host file to sauriks server

Successfully restored phone from 4.0 to 3.1.3 using tinyumbrella

But iTunes won't allow me to sync my contacts etc.. look at picture attached.. Do I need to trick iTunes or something ?

you can't use a backup of a newer fw for an older fw.

old -> new

new X old

sorry=\

I have a MAC. I've been scouring trying to find clear instructions to downgrade from 4.0 to 3.1.3 on my macbook. I DO have 3.1.3 SHSH blobs saved on file with Cydia. Is there a link or something im missing? THanks guys.
    if you are on a mac run the tss server open itunes and restore.

worked on my mac.

The Firmware Umbrella: TinyTSS -- All your iphone restores are belong to you

I have the 3gs with the old bootrom on ios4. Wanted to downgrade back to 3.1.2, have the firmware hashed with cydia and this method didn't work at all.
    your host is directed at sauriks server?

Hi,

I downloaded the "iPhone2, 1_4.0_8A293_Restore.ipsw" and opened with Shift+restore in iTunes 9.2. Certainly I made a big mistake and as a result the iphone went into "recovery mode loop. I've read several posts in various forums and not come to a reasonable conclusion. I have also tried everything that indicated: iRecovery, iBoot, power button, plug the cable, and something, nothing worked. To make matters worse, when you connect the iphone to itunes 9.2 this message appears: "The sim card inserted inserted on this iPhone Does Not Appear to Be supported"
    I know this topic is not specifically on this subject, but the topic was more consistent that I found in the past week.
    Using the umbrella, I found the following in my iPhone:
    Device: iPhone3GS 4.0 (8A293)
    Model: MB717LL / A
    Name: iPhone
    Baseband: 04:26:08 - 6.4_M3S2
    ECID - 965672765663
    I appreciate any help. Thanks
    what carrier are you on? is anything hashed? put phone in DFU and try.

Anyone got this to work on 3gs with newer bootrom?
    me.
    Last edited by bondkt; 2010-07-11 at 01:05 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-07-11 01:05 AM
    I have a problem locating the ipsw file...when i download the zip file and unzip it there is no ipsw file?
    2010-07-11 04:56 PM
    don't unzip ispw
    2010-07-11 07:54 PM
    Thank you SO much, saved 99.9% of my data.

This tutorial is PERFECT for reverting once you realize (as a 3G owner) that 4.0 is dog$#!t. I don't have anything jail-broken, soft-reset or anything else, just have never gotten into it, but this saved my hide (and my phone) after apple screwed me on it (I know that sounds whiny, but if it doesn't work worth $#!t on a 3G, don't make it an option).

The bin-folder-thing is key, that's the only way quickpwn works

Thanks again!!

*edit*

I should clarify, 3G owner, never jb but I had restore files for 3.1.2 and 3.1.3 (not sure how, found them hunting around C drive itunes folders), Vista 64. Again, worked like a CHAMP
    Last edited by Tony S.; 2010-07-12 at 12:37 AM. Reason: update
    2010-07-12 12:32 AM
    I got my shsh from sauriks server, downloaded 3.1.3 software, and when i want to restore it keeps giving me error 3194...I have tried over and over and no success
    2010-07-12 05:45 PM
    you are the best man!!!!!!!!!!!
    2010-07-12 08:50 PM
    Any progress on that Mac tutorial? And how do you know if you're blobs are saved? I ran TU but it wasn't clear. Dunno what it was telling me lol
    Last edited by jdm.accord; 2010-07-13 at 06:55 AM.
    2010-07-13 06:48 AM
    just to help you out, if you get 3194 your phone most likely did restore. but apple has over rote the host file. trust me. i dont know how they do it, but if you get 3194 error go look at your host file and you will see, it has changed back to local. thats not good. so be sure you do every step in order. change host to the correct server(i cant remember what it is at the moment). put in dfu mode and restore. error 1015. close itunes and creat the "bin" folder/ move files into folder. open qickpwn. power phone off and on(what ever qickpwn tells you). boom reboots. and everything was restored. simple as it can get.
    2010-07-14 08:39 AM
    nice job. thank u very much!
    2010-07-15 11:17 AM
    Hi, Thanks for this, worked perfectly for me. I had no blob saved on cydia but this downgraded me from ios 4.0 to 3.1.3. many thanks. been pulling my hair out
    2010-07-16 09:59 PM
    What!? You had no blob saved?! What device were you using?
    2010-07-16 10:00 PM
    I was so upset with myself by upgrading to 4.0 and about Not being jailbroke anymore but now i'm back on track. I did exactly what said in this tutorial plus i must say I did do this two sipmle steps.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pn-dGztTKQg]YouTube - Downgrade 4.0 and 3.1.3 Firmware To 3.1.2 iPhone And iPod Touch[/ame]

1st: CWindows\System32\drivers\etc\
    2nd: 74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com

Thank you so much for this tutorial,you are the best of the best.

My iphone original firmware: 3gs 3.1.3, baseband 5.12.01
    2010-07-16 11:43 PM
    Thanks alot man
    2010-07-19 10:30 AM
    I was using a 3gs, i updated to ios 4 by mistake. It was jailbroke with spirit and i had no hsh or blob file stored on sauriks server, followed this guide and got error 1015 error so i googled this and got some software that bypassed error and phone rebooted with 3.1.3 back but i lost all my contacts, most of which i had on sim card.
    2010-07-19 12:42 PM
    Hi,

For not losing the contacts list, simply download iDrive Lite to the iPhone from the AppleStore for free, create an account with your e-mail address and backup your contacts.

Restore them back to your iPhone (or to another one) from your account whenever you need to, jailbroken or not.

Any progress on that Mac tutorial? And how do you know if you're blobs are saved? I ran TU but it wasn't clear. Dunno what it was telling me lol
    Good question !
    Talking about Mac, has anybody experienced if PwnageTool can be used again with FW 3.1.2 on the 5.13. baseband ??

jdm.accord, you should have a message "This device has..." on the Cydia homepage, don't you ?

As to save the shsh to disk, fw-umbrella 222 and 223 used to do so a couple of months ago.
    If you want to give it a try, pm or email me, I'd send them over.

I can't help you (not me neither) for 4.0 blobs, Leopard users are punished.
    If ever TU saves them automatically, exactly where they should be, you should find them with Spotlight, they're named
    [your 13 digits-ECID->]1234567890000-iphone-3.1.2.shsh (for ex., and they are not hidden).
    Last edited by Rocky34; 2010-07-21 at 06:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    LiveClock Shiny Apple Theme, including LiveClock Dark - hmm, candlelight... - is on Cydia
    . . . . . . . (On iPhone 4 you'll have to put both out of their "Themes"-folder. Sorry for that)

2010-07-21 05:37 PM
    I was using a 3gs, i updated to ios 4 by mistake. It was jailbroke with spirit and i had no hsh or blob file stored on sauriks server, followed this guide and got error 1015 error so i googled this and got some software that bypassed error and phone rebooted with 3.1.3 back but i lost all my contacts, most of which i had on sim card.
    Settings> mail, contacts, calendars> import sim contacts

I got my shsh from sauriks server, downloaded 3.1.3 software, and when i want to restore it keeps giving me error 3194...I have tried over and over and no success
    Use tiny umbrellas tss server then try restoring with itunes

I have a problem locating the ipsw file...when i download the zip file and unzip it there is no ipsw file?
    Er the firmware on windows can't be unzipped? Do you mean quickpwn?

It coming, my hacintosh is dead ATM but I'm working on it=p
    Last edited by bondkt; 2010-07-22 at 05:45 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-07-22 05:45 AM
    quickpwn Down
    2010-07-22 06:13 AM
    quickpwn Down
    The download links work fine tho?
    2010-07-22 06:17 AM
    I've downloaded QuickPwn from 2 locations, neither work. They generate a Microsoft error: QuickPwn has encountered an error and needs to close. ..."
    2010-07-22 05:48 PM
172 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD