Ok, I admit I did not do enough research before jumping into 4.0. I came from a Windows Mobile 6 (6.5) based Samsung Omnia, which I flashed new ROMS to every other day no problem....

Ok, so I started with an Iphone 3GS, 3.1.3 05.12.07, which I jailbroke w/ Spirit month or two ago. Worked fine. Decided to try the iPhone2,1_4.0_8A293_Restore file, and I have had no luck connecting to the 3G network ever since. Nothing works when I am not connected to WiFi, no GPS, email, weather, MobiTV etc. Overall not happy with 4.0 as is.

So...I am trying to go back to 3.1.3, and I am having no luck following the many tutorials. I get the iphone in DFU mode, shift + restore, alt + restore and ctrl + restore methods and none work. Cant remember the error message I get (not the 1055 error EXPECTED by the tutorial, I don't even get to that point). I have downloaded iPhone1,1_3.1.3_7E18_Restore, and that is what I point it to, but no luck (says it's invalid or something along those lines).

Now Itunes has downloaded the 3.1.3 firmware (initiated after I hit "restore" just by straight clicking it) and I am afraid to let it do it's thing. Can someone please give me a clue as to how to get back to 3.1.3? I promise to do my homework next time.

I notice my baseband is now 05.13.04, is this part of my problem?

Many thanks for any help.
    2010-06-20 11:25 PM
    Do you have SHSH on file?
    2010-06-20 11:35 PM
    Do you have SHSH on file?
    Forgot to add.... I did the SHSH backup to Saurik's server, but also backed up to a hard drive on a computer that is dead (power supply problem) at the moment....and I am travelling to boot! I will have my wife send me the hard drive if I need the SHSH file, but my question is, can I obtain it somehow from Saurik's server, and if so, how?
    2010-06-20 11:39 PM
    When I downgraded iTunes said "can not find requested build" or similar so download 3.13 from iClarified. Also I didnt need dfu or recovery mode.

when you get an error at the end run iRecovery (google it and the download pages give instructions) needs to be run on a x32 version of windows.

You donít need shsh file if you do it TODAY before iOS 4 drops tomorrow.
    2010-06-21 12:52 AM
    Forgot to add.... I did the SHSH backup to Saurik's server, but also backed up to a hard drive on a computer that is dead (power supply problem) at the moment....and I am travelling to boot! I will have my wife send me the hard drive if I need the SHSH file, but my question is, can I obtain it somehow from Saurik's server, and if so, how?
    Since apple is still signing 3.1.3, put your Iphone in DFU mode and go ahead and restore back to 3.1.3, you will encounter error 1015, you can either use irecovery or quickpwn22.1 to get you out of recovery loop.
    2010-06-21 02:39 AM
    Follow my Guide:

http://modmyi.com/forums/3g-s-downgr...-tutorial.html

If you need more help, post\PM me. i assure you this is easily fixable
    2010-06-21 03:34 AM
    Follow my Guide:

http://modmyi.com/forums/3g-s-downgr...-tutorial.html

If you need more help, postPM me. i assure you this is easily fixable
    I'm getting nowhere. Quickpwn gave me the error "ipsw file you selected does not match...." I tried the 3.1.3 file from your download link. Then I tried irecovery, installed libusb0.dll file and now I can't even get irecovery or Quickpwn to recognize my Iphone. Not sure what to do here.

Ok, I'm backup...somehow. I was stuck in the emergency call only recovery loop, deleted libusb0, opened itunes, and my iphone came to life. quickpwn never did complete, so I don't know.....
    Last edited by gdwrnch29; 2010-06-21 at 11:36 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-06-21 11:36 AM
    You're using the wrong firmware. The one you have is for the 1st gen iphone while you actually have a 3GS. You can tell by the "1,1" part in the name. The firmware for the 3GS has that part as "2,1".

You can download the right one from here: iPod, iPhone and iPad Firmware Download
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.
    2010-06-21 12:26 PM
    I'm getting nowhere. Quickpwn gave me the error "ipsw file you selected does not match...." I tried the 3.1.3 file from your download link. Then I tried irecovery, installed libusb0.dll file and now I can't even get irecovery or Quickpwn to recognize my Iphone. Not sure what to do here.

Ok, I'm backup...somehow. I was stuck in the emergency call only recovery loop, deleted libusb0, opened itunes, and my iphone came to life. quickpwn never did complete, so I don't know.....

Hi dude,
    I'm having same problem, however I've been able to figure out with error 1015, but beacause of BB 05.13.04 I am unable to get signal, Maybe you've got At t sim card, but. All you need to do is downgrade to 3.1.2 and ignore that error message and ignore that your iphonoe is in Recovery mode, you have to JUST download Blackra1n from Welcome to BLACKWEATHER.COM and use it. You will get functional 3.1.2 iPhone, but as I said, you won't get signal, unless you've got AT and T sim.

Hope this helped-

P.S.
    irecovery is notworking on Win7, because of libusb file, this file disables motherboard drivers, luckyly I found this "my way":-)

And btw. I hope that blackra1n works on 3GS:-)
    Last edited by vojtasks; 2010-06-21 at 03:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-06-21 03:54 PM
    Hi dude,
    I'm having same problem, however I've been able to figure out with error 1015, but beacause of BB 05.13.04 I am unable to get signal, Maybe you've got At t sim card, but. All you need to do is downgrade to 3.1.2 and ignore that error message and ignore that your iphonoe is in Recovery mode, you have to JUST download Blackra1n from Welcome to BLACKWEATHER.COM and use it. You will get functional 3.1.2 iPhone, but as I said, you won't get signal, unless you've got AT and T sim.

Hope this helped-

P.S.
    irecovery is notworking on Win7, because of libusb file, this file disables motherboard drivers, luckyly I found this "my way":-)

And btw. I hope that blackra1n works on 3GS:-)
    Yeah I'm on AT&T, so I'm back to normal now. Just don't know how, as irecovery didn't work (on Windows 7 and I lost all usb and my ethernet drivers...had to restore from a drive image) and Quickpwn just gave me the "ipsw file you selected does not match...." error and never did anything after that. Like I say, as a last ditch effort I started up itunes w/ the iphone still connected, and the iphone came right out of the emergency/recovery loop. Beats me.....I'm just glad it works again
    2010-06-21 06:51 PM
    well now just upgrade to 3.1.3 regular fw and unlock with ultrasn0w 0.93
    2010-06-22 02:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD