User Tag List

Keeload, I don't think you can. Each Iphone has its own, unic ECID (Electronic Chip Identifier). It is kind of like MAC address for network adapters. That's why it is so much more complicated. Otherwise it would be too easy and Apple wouldn't like it that way. That is how I understand it, I could be wrong.
    2010-07-27 03:02 PM
    Igorb13, oh right thanks that's what I pretty much what thought! but thought I would ask anyway. If anyone else knows if this is the case I would like to know your views.

My problem is that I updated to the new 4.0.1 and it has f**ked my iPhone up by being really slow, losing signal, dropped calls and kicked out of safari and apps and wifi is slow! I never had these problems before I updated and wish I never did! Any ideas? I would be grateful
    2010-07-27 04:20 PM
    i have a 3gs jb with 3.1.3 and i want to upgrade to 4.0 jb can i do that with snowbreeze? forecast says tethered:no jailbreak says: yes only with shsh on cydia. which i have for 3.1.3 can someone help?
    2010-07-27 04:33 PM
    this guide works but now when i open safari it immediately crashes and youtube wont load videos

any help?
    2010-07-27 08:24 PM
    does this work for 4.0.1?
    2010-07-27 09:03 PM
    everyone here is awesome, i meand seriously. taking the time to help us with this, the thing is maybe im retarded or tired idk, you decide. but none of his is making sense. ive jailbroken my phone before upgradng. what are this blobs how do i get them and then what do i do with them. what do i do with blackrain. the link provided is for mac. i go to his site and download pc it doesnt work. i dont know what to do i tried everything that everyone has posted it simply doesnt make sense. anyways thanks for any help
    2010-07-28 10:39 AM
    will all of this work if i am on 4.0.1?
    2010-07-28 05:51 PM
    So I just got a 3GS on 4.0 5.13.04 model mb with no blobs saved anyway to downgrade to 3-1.2 so I can jailbreak or just have to wait for new jailbreak
    2010-07-29 01:59 PM
    No matter what Firmware you are on, even 4.0 official, just go to the MMI downloads section and get
    < snip....>
    Point your hosts file to the Cydia Server where your 3.1.2 SHSH blobs are stored.
    Any way around this if I don't have 3.1.2 SHSH blobs?

Got the iPhone from my brother when he got a 4 and he had already upgraded it to iOS 4.

OSX 10.6.4
    2010-07-29 02:26 PM
    I'm so excited to get the iOS 4 on my 3rd gen ipod touch (it is still unjailbreak). Is there any tool available today that can jailbreak my 3rd gen ipod touch running iOS 4.0? One thing I dont have blobs for it, since I dont what what was it. Can anyone help me?
    2010-07-30 04:42 AM
    No shsh blogs means no downgrade, no jailbreak yet for iOS 4.0.
    2010-07-30 08:29 AM
    Please forgive my first ;post, if it is somewhat repetitive of what has been posted before.

I have an Iphone 3gs, that was on 3.1.2 but has been mistakenly upgraded to ios 4.0.1. I am with UK carrier Vodafone, but the iphone was originally for O2.

I am registered with an online unlocking site UK, that sadly has not delivered the promised unlock for ios 4.0.1, hence i have been now left without a phone for 2 weeks.

I have no idea if my SHSH blogs are saved anywhere, though not sure if Cydia saved them previously.

I would be grateful to anyone who can advise me how to get my phone back and working to 3.1.3, i am not the most technically gifted of person but am wiling to try anything to get my phone working again.

thanks to all.
    Last edited by shorgs; 2010-07-30 at 12:20 PM.
    2010-07-30 12:17 PM
    everyone here is awesome, i meand seriously. taking the time to help us with this, the thing is maybe im retarded or tired idk, you decide. but none of his is making sense. ive jailbroken my phone before upgradng. what are this blobs how do i get them and then what do i do with them. what do i do with blackrain. the link provided is for mac. i go to his site and download pc it doesnt work. i dont know what to do i tried everything that everyone has posted it simply doesnt make sense. anyways thanks for any help
    Hopefully this info helps-
    I was actually on a 3GS w/ iOS 4, but had previously jailbroken while on 3.1.2 (old bootrom) with Blackra1n (THIS IS CRITICAL FOR ALL OTHERS READING THIS THREAD).

#1: I first modified my host file to Saurik Server (as I had previously jailbroken my 3GS on 3.1.2, Saurik had my SHSH on file (THIS IS CRITICAL FOR ALL OTHERS READING THIS THREAD).
    #2: I then downloaded an Apple original 3.1.2 IPSW.
    #3: I then used iTunes 9.2 (which I already had installed on my Windows 7 x64 PC).
    #4: I put the phone into restore mode (hold restart and home for 30 seconds, then letup on restart, but keep holding home while connecting it to USB and iTunes, then when iTunes sees phone in restore mode, did SHIFT/restore and pointed to Apple original 3.1.2 IPSW).
    #5: The phone hung on restore which then caused me to do additional research on how to get out of the loop (which then took me to QuickPwn).
    #6: Using QuickPwn 2.2.5.1 while phone was hung and iTunes was running, let the phone back out of the loop (for some reason, a newer QuickPwn would just lock up on my PC, but 2.2.5.1 worked, though my AV package complained about it).
    #6: Once out of the loop, I was back on 3.1.2, without my jailbreak.
    #7: I then used Blackra1n to re-jailbreak my 3.1.2 old bootrom 3GS (due to running this all on a Windows 7 x64 PC, I had to actually put Blackra1n in "CProgram Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Apple Application Support" in order to fix a fail on run).
    #8: I then used Sn0wbreeze to cook up an Apple original iOS 4 IPSW (simple process, run it, point it to the Apple original iOS4 file you downloaded).
    #9: Once done, I put the phone into restore mode (hold restart and home for 30 seconds, then letup on restart, but keep holding home while connecting it to USB and iTunes, then when iTunes sees phone in restore mode, did SHIFT/restore and pointed to the Sn0wbreeze modified iOS4 IPSW).
    #10: The phone hung on restore which apparently is somewhat expected, so I left it connected, and put it right back into restore mode, did SHIFT/restore and pointed to the Sn0wbreeze modified iOS4 IPSW again, and it completed!

I'm now on a 3GS w/ old bootrom, and running a jailbroken iOS 4.
    Hopefully this works for you too.

Again, hopefully this info helps.
    I ended up doing 3-4 hours of research, to then feel comfortable with the process, which then took another 1-2 hours (between downloads, retries, and restores). Hopefully this information will speed up your process (though you still have to do the downloads...).
    2010-07-30 10:23 PM
    were you able to jailbreak with windows on your ipod touch
    I have a 32gb third gen 4.0 firmware mc model.
    Is it possible to jailbreak my device too??

please let me know if you are successful???
    2010-07-30 11:20 PM
    My dad just gave me his iPhone 3Gs and it has a 4.0 os with 5.13.04 firmware. It has never been jailbroken or unlocked before. My dad broke the contract with AT&T so we can use T-Mobile. I want to jailbreak and unlock this phone. The model is a MC. Can I download the 3.1.2 IPSW and restore the phone through iTunes? I am new at this thanks for any tips.
    2010-07-31 06:07 AM
    My dad just gave me his iPhone 3Gs and it has a 4.0 os with 5.13.04 firmware. It has never been jailbroken or unlocked before. My dad broke the contract with AT&T so we can use T-Mobile. I want to jailbreak and unlock this phone. The model is a MC. Can I download the 3.1.2 IPSW and restore the phone through iTunes? I am new at this thanks for any tips.
    Your out of luck until a userland jailbreak for 4 is available. Keep an eye on Spirit. http://spiritjb.com/
    2010-07-31 04:41 PM
    2010-07-31 08:59 PM
    Your out of luck until a userland jailbreak for 4 is available. Keep an eye on Spirit. Spirit
    thanks! I guess i have to hold out
    2010-07-31 09:35 PM
    I've performed all the steps, and have successfully downgraded to 3.1.2. I have a local server serving-up my shsh files, and have verified that a ping to gs.apple.com resolves to this local server.

So, right now, I am running with 3.1.2 jailbroken with blackra1n.

Question: you mention a "pwned 4.0". How did you create a pwned 4.0? I have tried using sn0wbreeze 1.7 to generate a jailbroken 4.0 firmware. When I attempt the restore using the sn0wbreeze-created firmware, itunes extracts the software, prepares the iPhone for restore and tells me that the iPhone could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (1).

Is there a different method I should be using to create a pwned 4.0 firmware file?

You're at Step #9 in the process.
    I ran into the same problem (see below);

Hopefully this info helps-
    I was actually on a 3GS w/ iOS 4, but had previously jailbroken while on 3.1.2 (old bootrom) with Blackra1n (THIS IS CRITICAL FOR ALL OTHERS READING THIS THREAD).

#1: I first modified my host file to Saurik Server (as I had previously jailbroken my 3GS on 3.1.2, Saurik had my SHSH on file (THIS IS CRITICAL FOR ALL OTHERS READING THIS THREAD).
    #2: I then downloaded an Apple original 3.1.2 IPSW.
    #3: I then used iTunes 9.2 (which I already had installed on my Windows 7 x64 PC).
    #4: I put the phone into restore mode (hold restart and home for 30 seconds, then letup on restart, but keep holding home while connecting it to USB and iTunes, then when iTunes sees phone in restore mode, did SHIFT/restore and pointed to Apple original 3.1.2 IPSW).
    #5: The phone hung on restore which then caused me to do additional research on how to get out of the loop (which then took me to QuickPwn).
    #6: Using QuickPwn 2.2.5.1 while phone was hung and iTunes was running, let the phone back out of the loop (for some reason, a newer QuickPwn would just lock up on my PC, but 2.2.5.1 worked, though my AV package complained about it).
    #6: Once out of the loop, I was back on 3.1.2, without my jailbreak.
    #7: I then used Blackra1n to re-jailbreak my 3.1.2 old bootrom 3GS (due to running this all on a Windows 7 x64 PC, I had to actually put Blackra1n in "CProgram Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Apple Application Support" in order to fix a fail on run).
    #8: I then used Sn0wbreeze to cook up an Apple original iOS 4 IPSW (simple process, run it, point it to the Apple original iOS4 file you downloaded).
    #9: Once done, I put the phone into restore mode (hold restart and home for 30 seconds, then letup on restart, but keep holding home while connecting it to USB and iTunes, then when iTunes sees phone in restore mode, did SHIFT/restore and pointed to the Sn0wbreeze modified iOS4 IPSW).
    #10: The phone hung on restore which apparently is somewhat expected, so I left it connected, and put it right back into restore mode, did SHIFT/restore and pointed to the Sn0wbreeze modified iOS4 IPSW again, and it completed!

I'm now on a 3GS w/ old bootrom, and running a jailbroken iOS 4.
    Hopefully this works for you too.

Again, hopefully this info helps.
    I ended up doing 3-4 hours of research, to then feel comfortable with the process, which then took another 1-2 hours (between downloads, retries, and restores). Hopefully this information will speed up your process (though you still have to do the downloads...).
    2010-08-01 05:17 PM
    JailbreakMe.com
    2010-08-05 11:04 AM
483 ... 81617181920 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD