JailbreakMe.com
    I don't have an un-jail broken device to try it out.
    If others have, please chime in.
    2010-08-05 02:10 PM
    Hey... I update my 3gs on 4.0.1. And I want to go back to 3.1.2. Just wondering how you can point the server to sauriks server? I've tried it and it's error always. Do you have the new IP address for that? I'm using Windows Vista by the way. Please help. Thanks man!!!
    2010-08-06 11:13 AM
    Hey... I update my 3gs on 4.0.1. And I want to go back to 3.1.2. Just wondering how you can point the server to sauriks server? I've tried it and it's error always. Do you have the new IP address for that? I'm using Windows Vista by the way. Please help. Thanks man!!!
    Is your iPhone already jailbroken (back when you had 3.1.2 on it) and did you connect to Cydia? If so, then here's the information you need (from Saurik website);

Bypassing the Overlord
    To this end, I have constructed a server that duplicates the functionality exposed by Apple's signature server, except using "on file" results rather than live requests.

All we need, then, is to make iTunes use it. Luckily, most operating systems also have the ability to locally define bypasses on specific hostnames through a file called hosts. Using this, we can redirect requests to Apple's signature server to Cydia.

So, open the file CWindows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts (Windows) or /etc/hosts (Mac OS X) and add the following entry to the bottom of the file.

74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com

Now, when iTunes thinks it is talking to Apple, it is talking to Cydia instead. Doing this will allow iTunes to access signatures already stored by Cydia's "on file" feature.

This server will also act as a cache for any SHSH blobs it hasn't seen, acting as an intermediary to Apple's server. This effectively registers your device with the "on file" mechanism, which means you can now enjoy the protections of being able to downgrade your firmware in the future even if you aren't jailbroken.
    2010-08-06 02:20 PM
    Does not matter I did it on the latest itunes that was just released. This flat out works no matter what. All you need is blobs and it will work.
    I tried redirecting the host to saurik's server. But all errors. I'm using tunes 9.2.1 the latest. And a Vista PC. Please advice. Thank you.

Yes my 3gs has saved the shsh blobs at cydia and are as follows 3.0,.3.1, 3.1.2, 3.1.3, 4.0, 4.0.1. But I did put the host correctly. And still get the errors. And another thing, If I'm going to redirect the host, should I use along with it the Tiny Umbrella by Semaphore? Please advice. Thanks man!!!
    Last edited by rich76; 2010-08-07 at 08:09 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-08-07 08:09 AM
    I tried redirecting the host to saurik's server. But all errors. I'm using tunes 9.2.1 the latest. And a Vista PC. Please advice. Thank you.

Yes my 3gs has saved the shsh blobs at cydia and are as follows 3.0,.3.1, 3.1.2, 3.1.3, 4.0, 4.0.1. But I did put the host correctly. And still get the errors. And another thing, If I'm going to redirect the host, should I use along with it the Tiny Umbrella by Semaphore? Please advice. Thanks man!!!
    If you hung in restore process, check out step 5 below;

--------------------------
    Hopefully this info helps-
    I was actually on a 3GS w/ iOS 4, but had previously jailbroken while on 3.1.2 (old bootrom) with Blackra1n (THIS IS CRITICAL FOR ALL OTHERS READING THIS THREAD).

#1: I first modified my host file to Saurik Server (as I had previously jailbroken my 3GS on 3.1.2, Saurik had my SHSH on file (THIS IS CRITICAL FOR ALL OTHERS READING THIS THREAD).
    #2: I then downloaded an Apple original 3.1.2 IPSW.
    #3: I then used iTunes 9.2 (which I already had installed on my Windows 7 x64 PC).
    #4: I put the phone into restore mode (hold restart and home for 30 seconds, then letup on restart, but keep holding home while connecting it to USB and iTunes, then when iTunes sees phone in restore mode, did SHIFT/restore and pointed to Apple original 3.1.2 IPSW).
    #5: The phone hung on restore which then caused me to do additional research on how to get out of the loop (which then took me to QuickPwn).
    #6: Using QuickPwn 2.2.5.1 while phone was hung and iTunes was running, let the phone back out of the loop (for some reason, a newer QuickPwn would just lock up on my PC, but 2.2.5.1 worked, though my AV package complained about it).
    #6: Once out of the loop, I was back on 3.1.2, without my jailbreak.
    #7: I then used Blackra1n to re-jailbreak my 3.1.2 old bootrom 3GS (due to running this all on a Windows 7 x64 PC, I had to actually put Blackra1n in "CProgram Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Apple Application Support" in order to fix a fail on run).
    #8: I then used Sn0wbreeze to cook up an Apple original iOS 4 IPSW (simple process, run it, point it to the Apple original iOS4 file you downloaded).
    #9: Once done, I put the phone into restore mode (hold restart and home for 30 seconds, then letup on restart, but keep holding home while connecting it to USB and iTunes, then when iTunes sees phone in restore mode, did SHIFT/restore and pointed to the Sn0wbreeze modified iOS4 IPSW).
    #10: The phone hung on restore which apparently is somewhat expected, so I left it connected, and put it right back into restore mode, did SHIFT/restore and pointed to the Sn0wbreeze modified iOS4 IPSW again, and it completed!

I'm now on a 3GS w/ old bootrom, and running a jailbroken iOS 4.
    Hopefully this works for you too.

Again, hopefully this info helps.
    I ended up doing 3-4 hours of research, to then feel comfortable with the process, which then took another 1-2 hours (between downloads, retries, and restores). Hopefully this information will speed up your process (though you still have to do the downloads...).
    2010-08-07 04:11 PM
    I have a 3GS with 4.0 installed....well, it was installed, now it stays in recovery mode. It was not jailbroken or unlocked, I attempted to restore it to custom 4.0 created by pwnagetool and get a 1604 error when in recovery and a 1600 error when in dfu mode. my bootrom is 359.3.

EVERY guide I see mentions going to cydia, my phone hasn't been unlocked/jailbroken so therefore I don't have cydia on there. Just trying to change this expensive brick into a phone.
    2010-08-08 10:55 PM
    Your only option im afraidis to install the latest firmware (4.0.1) and then use jailbreakme.com to jail break if u wish to. Obviously browse yo jailbreak me in safari on the iphone, after restoring everything through itunes... This shud work for you...
    2010-08-08 11:02 PM
    joy. and here I am at a place with no wifi. should I download direct from itunes or download from somewhere else?
    2010-08-09 12:29 AM
    I personally would do it all through itunes... Do u have a back up to restore back to afterwards?? If so, do this before u jailbreak
    2010-08-09 12:44 AM
    Hi. I am having iphone 3gs.Recently i updated that to ios4. I made a backup of my iphone using itunes. But i have not done ECID SHSH .is it possible for me to restore my iphone? Please help me.If possible sugguest me step by step procedure. Thanks in advance.
    2010-08-15 05:34 PM
    There is only on way to solve the "emergency call" screen, as I did. Borrow the original SIM (i got the AT&T) or some universal "phonebook SIM" or "unlock sim", put it inside, join to i-Tunes, it unlock the screen. Then JB (i used Spirit for 3.1.3,other use jailbreakme ) from Cydia install redsn0w and iPhone turn unlocked. I was bricked one month and unfortunatelly withut SIM-no way to ulock "emergency call" status.
    2010-08-15 08:01 PM
    Hi first time here wonder I you guys can help.I went on jailbreakme site. And everything went well. Today I synchronised my fone with iTunes and it restore to here I was before lost cydia and instalos I tried to do it again but the jailbrakeme site say downgrade to 3.0 I don't know what to do and how please help thankyou
    2010-08-17 03:03 AM
    What is your status now? Emergency call? If emergncy call, original SIM, iTunes, jailbreakme, unlock with ultrasn0w. If you upgraded to 4.0.2 and have not SHSH blob, throw iPhone to the toilet, Thats all.
    2010-08-17 01:38 PM
    I had loads of errors, turns out i had shsh blob 3.1.3 on sauriks server so i had to dl 3.1.3 software from here before i could downgrade it. Strange as i defo had 3.1.2 jailbroken.
    2010-08-17 09:08 PM
    strange,,, I used umbrella, dg to 3.1.3,, original at&t card, spirit, cydia, 666 repo, ultrasn0w and everything is all right, fu6k off stalinist Jobs...
    2010-08-17 10:12 PM
    help,I have 3GS 4.0.2.so how I can do the jailbreak?somebody help me
    2010-08-19 06:26 AM
    What if i have 4.0.2 firmware will it still work and can i still do it on my phone
    2010-08-24 04:47 AM
    hey ok ive been trying to jailbreak my iphone i just bought for a few days and the only thing ive done is download every firmware and jailbreaking program to my computer and wont work. ok its a 3gs running the official 4.0, it was never jailbroken before, its running the old bootrum and i dont have any shsh blobs saved. can someone pleaseeee help before i give up and put a screwdriver through something i just payed 150 for? lol thanks
    2010-08-24 11:35 PM
    hey ok ive been trying to jailbreak my iphone i just bought for a few days and the only thing ive done is download every firmware and jailbreaking program to my computer and wont work. ok its a 3gs running the official 4.0, it was never jailbroken before, its running the old bootrum and i dont have any shsh blobs saved. can someone pleaseeee help before i give up and put a screwdriver through something i just payed 150 for? lol thanks
    It doesn't matter new or old bootrom, once you are at 4.0, go to Safari on your iphone and key in jailbreakme.com and slide to jailbreak.

help,I have 3GS 4.0.2.so how I can do the jailbreak?somebody help me
    There is no jailbreak at 4.0.2, you need to downgrade , which means you need the required shsh blogs to do so.
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-08-25 at 09:10 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-08-25 09:10 AM
    i cant connect to wifi and i dont have any shsh blogs

WAITT I GOT IT TO CONNECT TO WIFI!! after i updated my router =] JAILBROKEN!!!!! YES FINALLLY thanx everyone
    Last edited by wingback1144; 2010-08-25 at 06:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-08-25 06:46 PM
483 ... 91718192021 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD