Hey guys,
    So I upgraded to iOS 4 last night through iTunes and then jailbroke it using redsn0w and unlocked it using ultrasn0w. But the performance of iOS 4 on my 3G sucks, especially the battery life. I can barly get through half the day. So I wanted to downgrade it to 3.1.2. I was not sure how to do this. I've been reading stuff on having ur SHSH saved in cydia. I'm not sure if that applies to me as I own an iPhone 3G. I have a feeling thats for 3GS owners. Also if it does apply to me then I may be in trouble since I never clicked on any button in cydia to save anything like that. So my question is that can any of you guys suggest me the best possibly way to downgrade it. Would downloading the legit 3.1.2 IPSW and just simply doing shift+restore in iTunes work? I would really appreciate any help. Thanks guys.
    2010-06-24 01:28 AM
    Your so silly. you have an iPhone 3G, you don't need an SHSH files=p

put your phone in DFU mode, shift+restore to firware 3.1.2. you will get error 1015 (thats good). once you get error 1015, follow the guide here, starting from step 2. your set!=)

if you need any help, the guide tell you how we can teamveiw etc etc, or you can just reply there.

really easy tho=p
    2010-06-24 04:06 AM
    lol.. yeh i kinda had a feeling it was a dumb question :$ .. but thanks a lot still... i'll give this a shot and if i need any help... will bug yu again :P
    2010-06-24 12:58 PM
    I'm having a BIG headache here.

Been using a 3GS with OS 3.1.3 for some time with the Cisco VPN back to our ASA5505. Upgrading to OS 4.0 has stopped this from working (DNS not responding). I'm really no bothered about tring to get OS 4.0 working and just wanna go back to 3.1.3, but cant!

1) I've changed the hosts file on my PC to point at the Cydia signature server.
    2) Downloaded the 3.1.3 OS restore file thingy.
    3) put the iPhone into DFU mode (completely black screen, not restore mode)
    4) launched Itunes to be greeted by the 'iPhone connected is in restore mode' message.
    5) shift-clicked the 'Restore' button and selected the 313 restore image.

After the extraction and verifying progress message I get "The iPhone 'mYPhone' could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (3194)"

Running Win 7 32 bit if thats any help.

Can anyone suggest anything? I researched the 3194 error and just seem to get advise I've already carried out about pointing to the other signature server via the hosts file.

Help!!!

edit: I did disable AV and checked that pinging gs.apple.com returned the alternate signature server.
    Last edited by bobfish; 2010-06-24 at 02:04 PM.
    2010-06-24 01:46 PM
    I have iPhone 3G as well, and I upgraded to 4.0 yesterday, then used PwnageTool 4.01 to jailbreak it and ultrasn0w to unlock it. However, the iOS4 is very slow on it, so I want to downgrade back to 3.1.2. If I put phone into DFU mode and restore 3.1.2 IPSW file and get 1015 error, what do I do after that? The guide linked to says it's only for 3GS phones. Also, it says to use Spirit for Macs, but Spirit page says not to use it with iTunes 9.2. Help?
    2010-06-24 07:20 PM
    If you get error 1015 its a good thing. thats what ur suppose to get. The follow the steps in this guide http://modmyi.com/forums/3g-s-downgr...-tutorial.html as suggested by bondkt. Its not necessarily for 3GS. trust me this worked for me as I have a 3G as well... as long as u carefully follow the guide, it will work.
    2010-06-26 11:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
We have updated our Privacy Policy and Terms & Conditions. Please check them out.