Question My friend sold me his iphone 3gs a few days ago
    He has had it since the launch date way back idk when but gave it to me with ios4 already installed.

He told me the last time he jailbroke his 3gs was when he was on 3.0 but idk if he has saved shsh blobs or anything related to that...

So is it possible that my 3gs's shsh blob is there??? if so how do i check?
    Also do bootroms get updated? because i used f0recast and it said i had bootloader 6.4 (my serial is a MB model)

Thanx!
    2010-06-26 12:47 AM
    You can just try to downgrade to 3.1.2 and if it fails well....
    Or you can use the umbrella too to see if your files were saved.
    2010-06-26 12:53 AM
    i tried downgrading and i got a 1015 error like before the thing ended like it was running and almost was done then i got the error... i tried using ireb... and well it didnt do anything i just kept clicking it and nothing happened

i downloaded tiny umbrella 4.00.22
    i hit display SHSHs and it says "the follow devices/ ECIDs can be restored safely:"
    iPhone 3GS 3.1.2
    iPhone 3gs 4.0

Does that mean those are things that have been saved????

Ok idk what happened... but i just got downgraded to 3.1.2!!! WOHOOO
    Last edited by domthebigbomb; 2010-06-26 at 03:34 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-06-26 03:34 AM
    i tried downgrading and i got a 1015 error like before the thing ended like it was running and almost was done then i got the error... i tried using ireb... and well it didnt do anything i just kept clicking it and nothing happened

i downloaded tiny umbrella 4.00.22
    i hit display SHSHs and it says "the follow devices/ ECIDs can be restored safely:"
    iPhone 3GS 3.1.2
    iPhone 3gs 4.0

Does that mean those are things that have been saved????

Ok idk what happened... but i just got downgraded to 3.1.2!!! WOHOOO
    Cool, now you can use Redsn0w or Blackrain to jailbreak, Once jailbroken, create a cFw from Pwnage or snowbreeze ios 4.0
    and restore to it. Once restored, you can install ultrasn0w to unlock. Now you have an Iphone jailbroken and unlock at iOS 4.0
    Keep smiling.....
    2010-06-26 03:39 AM
    yes yes yes!!!! too bad i dont have a sim card on me to activate it

nvm... i restored to a backup and it auto activated
    Last edited by domthebigbomb; 2010-06-26 at 03:51 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-06-26 03:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD