Hello.

I have an iPhone 3Gs (with the OLD bootrom), previously jailbroken at 3.1 with blackra1n and saved SHSH blobs on Cydia.

I updated to iOS4 without jailbreaking by accident, and now I want to downgrade back to 3.1.2 so I can upgrade to iOS4 with PwnageTool for a jailbroken iOS4.

I followed this guide to the letter: Downgrade iOS 4 iPhone 3GS, 3G to iPhone 3.1.3 / 3.1.2 [How to Guide] | Redmond Pie
    I got the ipws files from: iPod, iPhone and iPad Firmware Download

However, in iTunes, whenever I get "Verifying iPhone restore with Apple", it gets stuck there for a while then an error message that says "Could not verify restore. Please try again later". I tried this restoring to both 3.1.2 and 3.1, same result both times.

Is Saurik's server down or something? What am I doing wrong?
    2010-06-26 06:54 PM
    I am having the same exact issue. I have been able to downgrade back to 3.1.2 before from 4.0 so I think his server is the issue. I sometimes get a 3194 error too which I guess means the apple server is down which is actually cydia to us.
    2010-06-26 07:28 PM
    I am having the same exact issue. I have been able to downgrade back to 3.1.2 before from 4.0 so I think his server is the issue. I sometimes get a 3194 error too which I guess means the apple server is down which is actually cydia to us.
    So, it might be a server issue with Saurik. Please let me know when you manage to get your downgrade working.
    2010-06-26 07:33 PM
    Will do. It was weird. Last night I was able to not get that error but a box that said it couldn't connect to the servers. But now all I get is error 3194. I hope he gets the servers back up and running as I can't stand 4.0 anymore.

Well I was able to downgrade just fine on my friends laptop that had ITunes 9.1 on it so something is wrong with 9.2 now for some reason. I was able to downgrade on 9.2 just fine about 36 hours ago.
    Last edited by codester3388; 2010-06-26 at 09:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-06-26 09:36 PM
    Alright, I tried again on another laptop running Windows XP and iTunes 9.1, and the same thing happens. Only this time, I get some error "3014". Which, according to this site, is almost the same thing: Update and restore alert messages on iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Can anyone help, and tell me what's going on?

Can we get any official response here? Is the server just down, or am I doing something wrong?

EDIT: I have managed to fix my problem by grabing my SHSH blobs from Saurik's server using TinyUmbrella and using it to setup a fake local host to spoof Apples servers. I was able to downgrade this way.

I just don't know using Saurik's server directly didn't work for me.
    Last edited by JoeyChestnut; 2010-06-27 at 05:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-06-27 12:55 AM
    Alright, I tried again on another laptop running Windows XP and iTunes 9.1, and the same thing happens. Only this time, I get some error "3014". Which, according to this site, is almost the same thing: Update and restore alert messages on iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Can anyone help, and tell me what's going on?

Can we get any official response here? Is the server just down, or am I doing something wrong?

EDIT: I have managed to fix my problem by grabing my SHSH blobs from Saurik's server using TinyUmbrella and using it to setup a fake local host to spoof Apples servers. I was able to downgrade this way.

I just don't know using Saurik's server directly didn't work for me.
    are you able to show me how you setup a fake local host and how you direct itunes to it to authenticate your restore? i have edited my host file to 74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com which i think is the cydia server for my blobs but im hung on veryfying iphone restore in itunes. so the step you took would be great thanks
    2010-07-14 07:47 PM
    The guide to do what you want to do is a sticky post in the main forum, check it out here:

http://modmyi.com/forums/3g-s-downgr...ecid-shsh.html

*fixed.
    Last edited by bobdole3141; 2010-07-15 at 01:34 PM.
    2010-07-15 10:24 AM
    The guide to do what you want to do is a sticky post in the main forum, check it out here:

http://modmyi.com/forums/3g-s-downgr...e-restore.html
    that link takes me back to this very page!
    2010-07-15 01:11 PM
    Err.. something odd happened, sec.

http://modmyi.com/forums/3g-s-downgr...ecid-shsh.html

Also fixed original link.
    2010-07-15 01:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD