You can't downgrade presently. Like many others, you'll have to wait for Comex's 'Userland Jailbreak'.

It may come out now, or it may be postponed until the updated Apple 4.0 is released.
    If I havent used Spirit yet will it work then? I got a 3gs yesterday that was on 3.1.3 but did an Erase Iphone for some stupid reason idk wtf I was thinking and then when it rebooted it got stuck on the apple logo so I tried to restore it to 3.1.3 but it wouldnt work. I tried 3.1.2 didnt work, Ive been trying all day literally alllll day and cant get it to work. But it does restore to 4.0. Am I stuck until a jb comes out?

be awesome if someone could pleaseee find a way to help me because as of right now I am phoneless.
    Last edited by henryk821; 2010-07-06 at 05:22 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-07-06 05:22 AM
    Unless you have captured your SHSH blob on Cydia (or locally via Umbrella), you have no choice but to either upgrade Apple 4.0 from iTunes, or wait.
    2010-07-06 05:58 AM
    Unless you have captured your SHSH blob on Cydia (or locally via Umbrella), you have no choice but to either upgrade Apple 4.0 from iTunes, or wait.
    is there any talk about when the new jb is being released?
    2010-07-06 06:25 AM
    Yeow202 - you mentioned "No shsh on file with Cydia = Can downgrade 3GS on any version using Custom Firmware 3GS Old Rom."

I am the idiot who upgraded to 4.0 in excitement without saving shsh. I have 3GS with old bootrom. How do I downgrade to 3.1.2 or 3.1.3?
    Sorry I missed one word here, if you are jailbroken at 4.0 and have the old bootrom, you can downgrade to any version of custom firmware and you do not need shsh on file at all because custom firmware bypasses all shsh verification.
    2010-07-06 06:33 AM
    Sorry I missed one word here, if you are jailbroken at 4.0 and have the old bootrom, you can downgrade to any version of custom firmware and you do not need shsh on file at all because custom firmware bypasses all shsh verification.
    so if I am on 4.0 I can jailbreak by downgrading to a custom firmware? or I have to be jailbroken already?
    2010-07-06 04:36 PM
45 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD