hi,

I think it was never jailkroken before, because there is no cydia in there, its not new, I baught it from someone I didn't ask him if he jailbreak it before. I think it was 3.1.3 upgraded to 4.0
    2010-07-13 06:18 AM
    hi,

I think it was never jailkroken before, because there is no cydia in there, its not new, I baught it from someone I didn't ask him if he jailbreak it before. I think it was 3.1.3 upgraded to 4.0
    Then you cannot downgrade , just stay at 4.0 for now and wait for the new jailbreak to come out.
    2010-07-13 07:09 AM
    Hi guys,

I saw the last replys, that his wastnt jailbroken en he had a 3194 error, but mine was jailbroken with 3.1.3 and i get the same error when i try to downgrade.
    2010-07-13 03:32 PM
    Then you don't have your SHSH files stored.
    2010-07-13 03:36 PM
    I geuss i did not do that, so i must wait for the new jailbreak.
    just for the iphone 3gs os 4.0.

F***,
    thanx guys
    2010-07-13 03:40 PM
    I just downgrade my 3gs from 4.0 to 3.1.3, jailbreak and downgrade on windows 7

PLEASE READ THROUGH FIRST BEFORE ATTEMPTING THIS

What you need

Itunes 9.1 Old Version of iTunes Download - Old Version of iTunes Download - OldApps.com
    Blackrain blackweather
    Spirit Spirit
    SHSH for 3.1.3 on sarik server
    All you need is 2 computers if possible
    1 with itunes 9.2 and the other with itunes 9.1

Go To notepad in start menu
    Right click on notepad and run as administrator
    Go to file and click open and go to
    C:windows/system32/drivers/etc/hosts
    and type in at bottom

74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com
    74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com

then restart computer, for some reason this doesn't work without restart.

Now put iphone into DFU mode, turn phone off then hold power and home button together for 10 sec, then release power button while connected to itunes, Shift + restore and go to your copy of 3.1.3 firmware and restore.

It will go through the restore and give you 1015 error, ignore this and close itunes down. Your phone should have itunes connection on screen.

Now put blackrain into Crograms files(X86)/Common files/Apple/Apple Application Support
    And change compatibility to run on windows XP.

Then run blackrain from there, it will recognize the phone and start running just leave it running, go have a coffee or something, for approximately 20 mins. This will NOT jailbreak, just used to reboot phone.

Disconnect phone, power off then power on and it should start up but will be unactivated.

You will have to set up new phone, as any saved backups won't be able to be used.

If you want to jailbreak you need to use itunes 9.1 and Spirit.
    For this it is better to have it on another computer, or go through all the pain of uninstalling itunes completely.
    I mean all of the extra addons that itunes installs and you also have to do registry clean, otherwise spirit won't work.

This worked for me, but i don't guarantee that it will work for everyone.

Lots of luck
    Hi, I will do your instructions, but my SHSH is not on sauriks server but on my lokal PC. What can I do ?? - Thanks.
    2010-07-13 07:20 PM
    3GS - I was jailbroken on 3.1.3 from spirit - intended to sell my phone to a buddy - did the "erase all content and settings" step to delete my contacts and such - after that my phone just froze I coudn't start it, I ended up having to plug it into Itunes and update it which I'm assuming got rid of jailbreak and updated me to 4.0

does this scenario mean I will not be able to downgrade back to 3.1.3?

If it doesn't how do i find out if my shsh is on saurik's server, is this something that happens automatically upon jailbreaking, or is this something I have to actively do?
    Last edited by 2+2=5; 2010-07-13 at 10:17 PM.
    2010-07-13 08:11 PM
    camino,

Set your host file to point to TinyUmbrella TSS Server

Edit your host file by adding this server address

127.0.0.1 gs.apple.com

Once the host file has been edited. Start Tiny Umbrella version 4.00.54 and start the TSS Server

Then restore your iphone using the 3.1.2 IPSW files via iTunes (Make sure TSS Server is running)
    2010-07-13 08:19 PM
    I'm getting the 3194 error also and I KNOW I saved my SHSH files on Saurik's server?

Update: Used my laptop and worked fine. Also had a pre OS4 backup and that loaded also.
    Last edited by krs7272; 2010-07-14 at 05:50 AM.
    2010-07-14 02:03 AM
    Just wanted to say "THANKS!" this was just what I needed to get my 3Gs (New boot) to 3.1.3 from 4.0. (My 3.1.3 SHSH's were on Cydia from prior Jailbreak).

I have Win7, and used my Virtual PC with WinXP to do this. It's a little tricky as you have to watch and keep attaching the USB for iPhone when it's doing it's think in the beginning during DFU mode. Instructions worked to a 'T'. (note, after adding items to the host file, from a CMD prompt you can do an 'ipconfig /flushdns' and will save the reboot. Also, since I had iTunes 9.2 on my Win7 main, i was able to do the complete JB on the Virtual PC XP with Spirit (requires iTunes 9.1). Then, I was able to connect to my new iTunes, and sync away and all is peachy! I so needed my MyWi connection back for home use and a trip I'm taking tomorrow so I don't have to rely on public (free or pay) wifi access. Thanks! You rock! I was depressed yesterday when some other forum I ran into said that with 3gs new boot, you were stuck on 4.0 and there was no downgrade. If I could only remember where it was, would love to inform them of otherwise!

Hopefully 4.0 JB will be out soon - but until then, I'm just fine as is.

Patrick
    2010-07-14 05:21 AM
    Thanks mate..

Thanks for your great advise..

i have another iphone..

i want to downgrading from 4.0 to 3.1.3 as you explain.
    when i am in the step of running blackrain, it's give me dark blank screen..

there is no blackrain logo.. what happening?

can you give me some advise?
    Last edited by mamatozay; 2010-07-18 at 07:22 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-07-18 07:22 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD