User Tag List

I have searched everywhere but no luck!

My 3GS has been on 3.0 for almost a year now. This morning it died while it was charging and no matter how long it's plugged in it still won't charge (although it apparently shows that it's charging). I can't start the phone and i decided to put it into DFU and do a restore. iTunes then showed that my phone is not eligible for the requested build (an error message).

I can't start the phone, can't restore 3.0 nor upgrade to 3.1.2 nor 4.0... I'm stuck... Any advice here please?
    2010-07-09 10:46 PM
    I have searched everywhere but no luck!

My 3GS has been on 3.0 for almost a year now. This morning it died while it was charging and no matter how long it's plugged in it still won't charge (although it apparently shows that it's charging). I can't start the phone and i decided to put it into DFU and do a restore. iTunes then showed that my phone is not eligible for the requested build (an error message).

I can't start the phone, can't restore 3.0 nor upgrade to 3.1.2 nor 4.0... I'm stuck... Any advice here please?
    Yes, it can be done. Restore to a custom firmware created by SnowBreeze. Download SnowBreeze 1.6.2 and create the cfw. Then do a Shift + Restore and browse to the cfw
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-07-09 at 11:50 PM.
    2010-07-09 11:47 PM
    hey yeow, thanks for the reply. I've managed to get my phone to restore on 4.0 after an itunes upgrade to its latest version. Managed to get some of my data back from backups... working fine now. Am now waiting for the jailbreak for 4.0 *.*...

THanks anyway...
    2010-07-16 10:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD