Hi I am new to this forum and I am desperately in need of some help.

I recently purchased an iPhone 3GS off of Ebay as an upgrade from my jailbroken and unlocked iPhone 2G. The 3GS has 4.0 installed on it and is running baseband 5.13.04 has never been jailbroken or unlocked before and I'm having a lot of trouble doing this now. I've been reading and attempting all these tutorials to unlock or downgrade my new phone and thus far all have been unsuccessful.

I read several posts on this forum and I'm a little confused about how to downgrade still, any help anyone could give me would be greatly appreciated. As I understand it there is no way to jailbreak a 3GS on 4.0 that hasn't been jailbroken before. Am I better off just waiting for an easy way to jailbreak 4.0 for the 3GS with the new bootrom to come out?
    2010-07-12 06:50 AM
    Yes, it is better to wait for the new jailbreak iOS 4.0 because you have no option to jailbreak at the moment
    2010-07-12 07:47 AM
    Ok thanks
    2010-07-12 08:17 AM
    download tinyumbrella and check to see if you have an shsh file saved. If not then you will have to wait until the jb for iphone 4 to come out.
    2010-07-13 05:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD