User Tag List

I recently bought a 3G with 4.0 jailbroken and unlock but the 3g is lagging like crazy. i came to modmyi to find away to downgrade. And found djmalice instruction (thanks alot djmalice) . it works for him but i got stuck as halfway when itune trying to restore it with the custom firmware. After 5 hours googling. i got it downgraded and jailbreak and unlock. it will take you about 15 minutes just to get everything done
    If anyone want to try djmalice tutor, you can go here
    http://modmyi.com/forums/3g-s-downgr...iphone-3g.html

HERE IS HOW I DO IT: (i am using the first step of djmalice tutor)

Step 1: Download the iPhone 3G Os 3.1.3 restore file which you can download here:
    iPod, iPhone and iPad Firmware Download
    (i choose 3.1.3 for iphone)

Step 2: While it's downloading put your phone in to DFU mode. Instructions: iClarified - iPhone - How to Put an iPhone Into DFU Mode

Step 3: Once you've successfully got it in DFU mode open up iTunes, it will say something along the lines of iPhone has detected an iPhone in recovery mode. Do not click upgrade, hold shift and click on restore (on a mac hold "alt option" and click restore) and browse to the iPhone OS 3.1.3 recovery file and select.

Step 5: Let iTunes do its thing. At the end of it, iTunes will give you an error. Ignore this.(When it is done, you will see the cable and the itune icon on your screne, it meant you are in the recovery mode)

Step 6: **Somehow you can only open the program on Mac*** Use this Recboot to get your phone out of recovery mode
    RecBoot: Easy Way to Put iPhone into Recovery Mode | Jaxov

Step 7: When you out of recovery mode, you can only dial 911 emergency call. you need to have ATT sim or borrow from a friend who has att and activate it. When done activate. Congratulation, you are back at 3.1.3. If you want jailbreak and unlock then go to step 8 below

Step 8: Jailbreak 3g with 3.1.3 can find it here:
    iClarified - iPhone - How to Jailbreak Your iPhone 3G on OS 3.1.2 or 3.1.3 Using RedSn0w (Mac)
    (After you done, jailbreak and want to unlock, just go to Cydia ---> Mangage ----> Source ----> click on repo666.ultrasn0w.com ---> install it: you will have unlock phone

I works for me, and hope it will help others that are in the same situation with mine
    good luck and have fun with your iphone.
    Last edited by eLuxury4viet; 2010-07-19 at 12:42 AM.
    2010-07-18 12:24 AM
    There's already a guide to how to do this here. This is pretty much copied and pasted from any guide you'd find when you google this. Additionally, step 6 doesn't work for a ton of people, because they have x64 which is incredibly difficult to install LibUSB, plus risky.
    2010-07-18 02:54 AM
    This does not work for me. As soon as I click the ipsw file, it tells me that the firmware is not compatible.
    What version of itunes should I be using for this?
    2010-07-18 05:43 PM
    Use the latest iTunes. Most likely you didn't go into DFU mode.
    2010-07-18 05:51 PM
    step 6 didnt work and now my phone is stuck in recovery mode. what do i do now?
    2010-07-18 11:52 PM
    you did it on Window ? i have Macbook and it work smoothly on a Macbook. i tried it on Window too but can't get the program to open on Window.

There's already a guide to how to do this here. This is pretty much copied and pasted from any guide you'd find when you google this. Additionally, step 6 doesn't work for a ton of people, because they have x64 which is incredibly difficult to install LibUSB, plus risky.
    Of course i copied and paste from others but that is how i get it working for me. so i posted to see if it can help anyone that is in my situation. BTW: you are right about the step 6. On Window, you can not get the program to open. i used macbook so it works for me.
    2010-07-19 12:40 AM
    This happened to me to. For some reason, I did this (again, after encountering the same problem you had on my Windows 7 x64) on a 32-bit computer with iTunes newly installed, and I didn't have this problem. Try that if possible?
    2010-07-19 01:20 AM
    Thanks alot for the instruction it works for me, even step 6, on my Windows Vista PC.
    I used redsn0w-win_0.9.4 and had to install .NET Framework 4 to get Recboot running.
    Now I am back at 3.1.2 and my iPhone is jailbreak and unlock. I have been around the internet 24/7 to find away to jailbreak and unlock my iPhone from 4.0, this **HowTo** made it.
    Again many many THANKS!!!
    2010-07-20 09:37 AM
    Am I understanding this right? If I use this way I can get a 3g back to .3 even if it has never been jailbroken before? I just bought the phone last night. My computer is running on xp so should I find someone with a mac to do this on?
    2010-07-20 10:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD