Hi,

I am from India. Got my iPhone 3gs couple of weeks back, when i received the iPhone it was running on 4. The iPhone has never been jailbroken so no SHSH saved. Whenvere i start my iPhone it goes into emergency mode, if i connect to itune it asks me to insert SIM. Now the question is:

Can i connect my iphone to internet (through wifi, computer USB) to connect to jailbreakme.com and jailbreak the iPhone or i will have to wait further for an application to be released like (redsn0w or blackra1n). any help in this will be greatly appreciated.

I have been waiting for the solution since long. My iPhone is a dead brick right now :-(

Thanks in advance,

B
    2010-08-02 02:07 PM
    I don't think you needed to start a new thread for this, I've answerd this in a seperate thread.

Yes, jailbreak.com (no "e") is for your iPhone. You don't need to use a PC at all. All you need is an activated iPhone. As you have stated already your phone is not activated, you can only get the emergency call screen. To get past the emergency call screen you will need to activate it with an offical carrier.
    2010-08-02 06:22 PM
    I started this post first and then i saw that post of your's.

Thanks,

B
    2010-08-02 07:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD