User Tag List

I have an iphone 3G
    FW: 3.1.2
    BB: 04.26.08
    jailbroke with pwnage tool and unlocked with ultrasn0w

I want to upgrade to 4.0.1 using pwnage tool to create a custom .ipsw, restore to it and unlock using ultrasn0w. I think this would keep my baseband the same.

My question is if I decide to go back to 3.1.2, can I just restore back to my 3.1.2 custom .ipsw and re-unlock for use on t-mobile. I figure that if my baseband never changes from 04.26.08 I should be able to restore back to 3.1.2 and unlock without having to save my SHSH file.

Am I thinking correctly and if not, what is the best method to downgrade if I choose to do so?

thanks,
    Jordy
    2010-08-12 05:30 AM
    You shouldnt. 3G phones dont run well on iOS 4. it lagged and froze my phone and none of my games ever loaded past the splash screen. My phone froze when I get a call and pick up, it lagged my apps when opening and closing...

Haha point is, even with most iOS 4 features disabled and 3000+ language packs removed, it sucked. Many on 3G phones have downgraded back down to 3.1.x as I have.

Just save yourself the trouble and dont bother upgrading. Youll probably come back down to 3.1.x anyway.

But yes without SHSHs to 3.1.x you can still downgrade from 4.0. Just gotta kick it outta recovery mode after the restore cuz youll probably get error 1011, 1013, or 1015. Use Recboot to kick.
    2010-08-12 05:35 AM
    thanks for the quick reply. Yeah, I'll probably be staying at 3.1.2...I'm not willing to deal with the possible headaches. I'll just wait until I get a new iphone 4 and then I can play with the new FW.

thanks again.
    2010-08-12 05:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD