User Tag List

Okay so I got the phone to downgrade to 3.1.2 successfully by using the tutorial that's stickied.

It hung on a 1015 error so I just launched Black Rain which booted it out and launched the interface on the iPhone.

The problem now is that I have no carrier signal.

Is this an interference problem between the 5.13.04 modem and the 3.1.2 Firmware?

Can anybody please give me some advice on this? Until then I will keep reading... BlackRain is on the iPhone but I have no signal!

I just saw this from one1

Run Blackra1n to jailbreak 3.1.2.

"Now you are jailbroken again, simply upgrade to a Pwned 4.0 FW.

I JUST DID IT, it works PERFECTLY. I was on unpwned 4.0 official from where I upgraded last night"

Is it possible for me to upgrade to Pwned 4.0 and get my carrier back?

Is that why I have no signal? Mang I hope someone is kind enough to answer this question..

I'm so close...
    Last edited by Zildog; 2010-08-14 at 04:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-08-14 04:19 PM
    Umm are you unlocking the phone with Ultrasn0w? Cuz thats why youre not getting signal, you havent unlocked the phone.

When you restore to 3.1.2, get error 1015, kick it out with Recboot. Jailbreak it with Spirit or Blackra1n. Go to Cydia and install Ultrasn0w (if its not there, add repo666.ultrasn0w.com in sources to get it).

You may also use Redsn0w 0.9.3 to jailbreak if youre not on a 3GS.
    Last edited by i.Annie; 2010-08-14 at 04:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-08-14 04:40 PM
    I have no signal to be able to access Blackrain and install Cydia.

The phone rebooted without a signal.

Black ra1n is on there but I need a carrier signal to install the apps. You see my problem here?

I am wondering what the next step is because if I can get the thing to downgrade to 3.1.2 and carrier signal is the problem then surely it has to be the Base Band?

I've downloaded Pwnage tool 4.0.1 and it's sitting there right in front of me but I'm kinda nervous to punch it...

On a Mac running 10.5.8 by the way...

Can you tell me why after the JB ( which looks to have been successful ) I am having this problem? What am I missing here...

And I don't agree at all that an MC branded iPhone necessarily means it has the NEW BOOT ROM.

I think thats bull$hit.

How? Because the OLD bootrom is 359.3

The NEW bootrom is 359.3.2

My MC branded iPhone has the 359.3 BootRom.
    Last edited by Zildog; 2010-08-14 at 05:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-08-14 05:14 PM
    You need wifi. If you dont have wifi, you cant get into Cydia. If you cant get into Cydia, you cant unlock. If you cant unlock, you dont get a signal from your carrier. Do you see what Im saying? Get yourself some wifi somewhere and youll get to where you wanna be. No wifi, no jailbreak+unlock, no signal.
    2010-08-14 05:45 PM
    HOLY ***** I think it worked!

I created a customized IPhone 4.0 FW .IPSW using PWNAGE TOOL 4.0.1 and restored the iPhone to that and it has rebooted with the carrier intact!!

YYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!

I can confirm that MC iPhone 3GS's are not ALL under the NEW BOOT ROM.

MY iPhone 3GS has just been pwned using an MC model prefixture.

If you have a 359.3 Boot Rom you are GOOD TO GO!!!

YEW!

I am certain that the Newer Modem ( 05.13.04 ) was fecking with the older Firmware ( 3.1.2 )

Upgrading to a custom 4.0 via Pwnage Tool 4.0.1 was perfect!!!

Hmm... when I went to open Cydia it popped up about "who I was" then crashed.

I could exit the application but when I went back in it did it again.

Any ideas?

Edit - Cydia is working!!!

This is FAN-FECKING-TASTIC!!

THANK YOU ONE1!!!
    Last edited by Zildog; 2010-08-14 at 06:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-08-14 06:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD