If what your saying is true about not having shsh's on file then cydia should only be showing 4.0.2 at the top. A screenie of cydia only saying 4.0.2 and umbrella telling you that it couldn't grab shsh's for 4.0 and 4.0.1 would prove that you did not have shsh's saved.
    Well I'm screwed then cause I just checked his phone and it says for OS 4.0. But wouldn't it say that if that is the os I downgraded too from 4.0.2 ??
    2010-08-27 01:16 AM
    Mine says shah on file. 4.0,4.0.1,4.0.2 and I only did tiny umbrella The night before I did the downgrade to 4.0.1But I had the phone since December.It had all updates through 4.0.2My guess would be all updates that have been on the phone will have a shsh on file.I even foward this video to 3G team that I paid to get the jailbreakme site from and that confirmed it does work for some people.
    Last edited by 1slyguy; 2010-08-27 at 01:20 AM. Reason: Never downgraded to 4.0 just 4.0.1
    2010-08-27 01:17 AM
    I want to explain my whole story before the thread is closed. My wife and kids were in Florida visiting her Mom. I found out about jailbreakme and JB broke my I4. I sent my son screen shots of Dodgers and Lakers themes (we both are huge fans) He freaked out and asked if I could do his phone when he got home. I said yes. They got home this past Saturday and in all the excitement I didn't tell him about about not upgrading to 4.0.2. Well he did it. I checked his phone and told him he was beat. He was disappointed and I decided to see if there was a way to downgrade back. I looked here first, then googled and found everyone saying it was impossible, but I saw where snowbreeze might be coming out and then I could do it. I told him again I couldn't do it. Finally a few days ago I stumbled on this thread and figured WTH I'd give it a try. When I saw the video and he mentioned the SHSHs I thought I was wasting my time ( I had even used my daughters laptop that has Vista on it ) All I can say is it worked for me flawlessly. No errors and I had it back to 4.0. Was I lucky ? Was it a freak thing ? I don't know because I am not savy with J breaking. All I know is that he is thrilled and I was happy I gave it a shot.
    2010-08-27 01:29 AM
    Let me ask one thing... TinyUmbrella says iPad and iPad3G have same SHSH number and will work fine for both, can iPhone 3GS have same SHSH of some other iPhones and Cydia already have these and then work for people who never stored??? I think so.

These phones that I downgraded just came from Japan, one was iOS 3.1 and another 3.0 and I upgraded before reading anything over the web about people saying to not upgrade because I couldn't JB later.

I have tried to use PwnageTool without success because is new bootrom, then I found this tread and followed the video. Didn't use TinyUmbrella and could downgrade to 4.0

I am sorry but we all are telling what we did, step by step, if you do not believe just let go and let people try by themselves following this tread and posting if they succeeded.

I believe you will have more people telling they succeeded than people that don't try by themselves and don't believe.

Or maybe you are trying to let other people make money with jailbreaking?

There you go, you've been given examples of proof needed. It should be simple to do.
    I cannot prove because when I JB'd I have clicked on "Make my Life easier" on Cydia.

************************************************** ******************************************

HEY.. just found something here.... maybe is a prove what I said about same SHSH numbers...

SHSH on file for 4.0.2?

What you say???
    Last edited by Curupira; 2010-08-27 at 02:23 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-08-27 02:22 AM
    Let me ask one thing... TinyUmbrella says iPad and iPad3G have same SHSH number and will work fine for both, can iPhone 3GS have same SHSH of some other iPhones and Cydia already have these and then work for people who never stored??? I think so.
    No, they can't have the same SHSH. Neither do two different iPads. The SHSH is made based on the ECID number which is unique to each and every iDevice. No two have the same ECID.

I am sorry but we all are telling what we did, step by step, if you do not believe just let go and let people try by themselves following this tread and posting if they succeeded.

I believe you will have more people telling they succeeded than people that don't try by themselves and don't believe.
    Listen, it's the same thing that happens every time there's no jailbreak out. Some guy will come in saying that he found a way to downgrade without SHSHs. Funnily enough, all these 'methods' require you to edit the hosts file.

Or maybe you are trying to let other people make money with jailbreaking?
    That doesn't even make sense. This is a free site. All the help you get here is free.

I cannot prove because when I JB'd I have clicked on "Make my Life easier" on Cydia.
    So you downgraded using stored SHSHs, but you're claiming that you don't have them stored ...

What you say???
    Look at the second reply. There's your answer. Actually, all of that guy's (Europa) posts are spot on.
    Last edited by dhamien; 2010-08-27 at 02:28 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.
    2010-08-27 02:25 AM
    No, they can't have the same SHSH. Neither do two different iPads. The SHSH is made based on the ECID number which is unique to each and every iDevice. No two have the same ECID.

Listen, it's the same thing that happens every time there's no jailbreak out. Some guy will come in saying that he found a way to downgrade without SHSHs. Funnily enough, all these 'methods' require you to edit the hosts file.

That doesn't even make sense. This is a free site. All the help you get here is free.

So you downgraded using stored SHSHs, but you're claiming that you don't have them stored ...

Look at the second reply. There's your answer. Actually, all of that guy's (Europa) posts are spot on.
    Don't have same SHSH numbers?? Are you sure? See attached file!

Understand that I have installed TinyUmbrella AFTER downgraded and used Cydia AFTER downgraded from 4.0.2, could never use Cydia before because it wasn't JB'd.
    Attached Thumbnails Just downgraded to 4.0.1 from 4.0.2 on a device thats never been jb so no shsh's-screen-shot-2010-08-26-21.35.37.png  
    2010-08-27 02:40 AM
    Well I'm screwed then cause I just checked his phone and it says for OS 4.0. But wouldn't it say that if that is the os I downgraded too from 4.0.2 ??
    Then that's the answer as to why it worked for you. Some how some way cydia had shsh's on file for that particular phone. This is what I, Dhamien and a few others have been trying to explain. If cydia has shsh's on file for the phone then absolutely this method WILL work. If cydia does not have those shsh's then this method will NOT work. Futhermore cydia is not showing that you have shsh's for 4.0 just because that's the firmware you have installed. Apple stopped signing 4.0 awhile ago so if cydia didn't already have them there's no way for it to get them now. It's the same way for some people who are currently jailbroken on 4.0, but cydia only shows shsh's for 4.0.1 or 4.0.2 even though they've never been on those fw's. It's because cydia can only catch and save shsh's for a particular firmware while it is still being signed by Apple.

Don't have same SHSH numbers?? Are you sure? See attached file!

Understand that I have installed TinyUmbrella AFTER downgraded and used Cydia AFTER downgraded from 4.0.2, could never use Cydia before because it wasn't JB'd.
    Yes, two different ipads do not have the same shsh's. shsh's are unique to each device. What that message in umbrella means is that umbrella just can't tell the difference between an iPad 3g and a wifi only iPad. For example if you hook up a wifi only iPad and umbrella calls it an iPad 3g the shsh's are still good for the iPad you connected.
    Last edited by jkmonkey; 2010-08-27 at 02:45 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-08-27 02:45 AM
    Then that's the answer as to why it worked for you. Some how some way cydia had shsh's on file for that particular phone. This is what I, Dhamien and a few others have been trying to explain. If cydia has shsh's on file for the phone then absolutely this method WILL work. If cydia does not have those shsh's then this method will NOT work. Futhermore cydia is not showing that you have shsh's for 4.0 just because that's the firmware you have installed. Apple stopped signing 4.0 awhile ago so if cydia didn't already have them there's no way for it to get them now. It's the same way for some people who are currently jailbroken on 4.0, but cydia only shows shsh's for 4.0.1 or 4.0.2 even though they've never been on those fw's. It's because cydia can only catch and save shsh's for a particular firmware while it is still being signed by Apple.
    I can't dispute what your saying I just don't understand how. That phone was mine from day one and it was never jb before, or ever in for repairs of any kind. I certainly do not want to mislead anyone. It just doesn't make sense how cydia would have had the SHSHs.
    2010-08-27 02:51 AM
    I can't dispute what your saying I just don't understand how. That phone was mine from day one and it was never jb before, or ever in for repairs of any kind. I certainly do not want to mislead anyone. It just doesn't make sense how cydia would have had the SHSHs.
    I don't know how it got there either, but luckily for you it did. .
    Actually they only possibility that I can think of for it happening in your situation, is that tinyumbrella allows you to manually enter your ECID to grab the shsh's. If someone who's ECID is close to yours made a typo when they typed it in then your shsh's would've gotten saved to cydia's server.
    2010-08-27 02:55 AM
    I don't know how it got there either, but luckily for you it did. .
    Actually they only possibility that I can think of for it happening in your situation, is that tinyumbrella allows you to manually enter your ECID to grab the shsh's. If someone who's ECID is close to yours made a typo when they typed it in then your shsh's would've gotten saved to cydia's server.
    Hmmm maybe. I had tinyumbrella open before I started the whole process. Guess I got lucky (my son anyway). What is killing me now is my daughter has a 3GS with 4.0.2 but she won't let me try to downgrade hers for a jb. She says she is fine with what Apple gives her. Poor child
    2010-08-27 03:00 AM
    Hmmm maybe. I had tinyumbrella open before I started the whole process. Guess I got lucky (my son anyway). What is killing me now is my daughter has a 3GS with 4.0.2 but she won't let me try to downgrade hers for a jb. She says she is fine with what Apple gives her. Poor child
    Poor girl, *shakes head*. lol
    2010-08-27 03:11 AM
    Yes, two different ipads do not have the same shsh's. shsh's are unique to each device. What that message in umbrella means is that umbrella just can't tell the difference between an iPad 3g and a wifi only iPad. For example if you hook up a wifi only iPad and umbrella calls it an iPad 3g the shsh's are still good for the iPad you connected.
    Well, thanks for your clarification...

I could make a movie of it from the beginning if I knew I could succeed, but now I cannot.
    But I can tell you one thing... these guys below succeeded and are telling they have never stored their SHSH... too much coincidence have their SHSH stored by someone else, even more some just got it out of the box.

Dough Boy
    NolimitLen
    mingle2
    playdohh
    iphoneFabe
    leoho0924
    Cognitive
    jaideep
    Catchem
    1slyguy
    Jvilleg5
    aspire269
    tekkens774
    r8derhed5150
    Supra1jz
    2010-08-27 03:24 AM
    Maybe all could share their ECIDs and then we could check. While ECIDs are in fact unique each and every iDevice, they are in fact harmless numbers that are quite useless except to the owner of that device, except insofar as the number can be put into TinyUmbrella and see what returns are sent for stored SHSHs.
    2010-08-27 04:24 AM
    Yep out of the box in dec,and never tried jb until 3days ago,and it did work.Mr mod pm a email and I will forward the relay I got from 3G unlock.net about the matter.

I will to trusted mod of the site,but I already posted the saved shsh on cydia,will this prove anything else?That were 4.0,4.0.1,4.0.2
    Last edited by 1slyguy; 2010-08-27 at 04:33 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-08-27 04:33 AM
    Well, your case is settled, 1slyguy. However it happened, you have the SHSHs on file for 4.0, 4.0.1, and 4.0.2. The instructions as listed in the video SHOULD work for you, and in fact did.

Regardless of whether you have previously used a jailbreak, they're saved, it's a good thing, and you've had a happy result. Your ECID will not be of any particular use.

For the others in this thread who say that they have no saved SHSHs, either screen caps of your Cydia front page OR your ECIDs will be most useful in solving this mystery.

Providing no proof does not help solve the mystery, and finding the solution could indeed be helpful.
    2010-08-27 05:39 AM
    Hi everyone!

I came across this post after a few days of reading the web learning that it is impossible to downgrade your iphone 3gs 4.0.2 if your iphone hasn't been jailbreaked before. Well, my 3gs iphone was yesterday with operation system 4.0.2 and not able to use with t-mobile sim card. But, today after I follow the video and Dough Boy instruction, I am able to use my iphone with t-mobile. I am running 4.0.1 with T-mobile.

the key is to have "tiny umbrella" running during your downgrading process. I think without "tiny umbrella" running in the background, you will not able to downgrade.

so i am for one to confirm that it works and thank you very much Dough Boy for this post. Greatly appreciated your time posting ...

cheers everyone!
    2010-08-27 05:56 AM
    You guys just raised a RED FlAG, Apple will certainly look into this and next time, you guys will not be so lucky...LOL
    2010-08-27 06:28 AM
    So is this is a different iphone than the one you jailbroke on August 1st that you said you did this with or the same one?
    No, that 3GS is mine. The one I'm talking about is a 16 gig purchased for my wife, as a matter of fact I use her laptop to do all her iPhone backing up and syncing with iTunes.

I have been on this forum ever since I got my 2g iPhone because just like everyone else here I needed help and I wanted to be able to fix it incase it broke. You can see my history of posts and comments. I'm by no means here on bad intentions.

To the guys trying to downgrade their iPhone 4's, I really wish I could help you but maybe this only works with the 3GS???

To the moderator, I don't understand why this post isn't a sticky already? I'm going to send you two pics of my wifes iPhone(top and bottom of cydia home page) for the sole purpose of not locking this thread and trying to figure out how this is happening.

Again, glad I was able to help out. Before I downgraded I was reading about having to wait til 4.1 and my wife was giving me a look like "you better figure something out".
    2010-08-27 07:19 AM
    YES! I HAVE DONE IT!!

To my amazment, i have officially downgrade my bran new iphone 3GS on 4.0.2 NEVER BEEN JAILBROKEN OR BACKED UP ANY SHSH FILES!!! to 4.0! My hopes were not high but i actually did it, heres how! (might be different for other i devices)

1. Open tiny unmbrella and it will locate your device. (idevice pluged in of course..) hit SAVE MY SHSH files and then it will confirm it has saved em.

2. Search for the file "system32" in your computer from the start menu, and go in t the drivers folder, then "etc" folder and open the "host" file in word pad running as administrator.

3. make the file look like this where it says "local host";

127.0.0.1 localhost
    ::1 localhost
    74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com

then save it.

4.now put in DFU or recovery mode by holding both the power and home button at the same time until the screen goes black then let go of the power button and wait until itunes recognizes it in itunes

5.HOLD "SHIFT" and hit restore in itunes and wait!

(MAKE SURE TO DELETE THE NUMBERS YOU ADDED TO THE HOST FILE OR YOU WONT BE ABLE TO UPDATE VIA ITUNES IN THE FUTURE!!)

DONE. Hit up JAILBREAK ME .com and BAM. Im STOKED i dont have to wait until 4.1 and they release a new jailbreak. anyone running a 3GS, 4.0.2 TRY THIS IT WILL WORK. I am so glad i dont have to wait until the new firmware!! happy jailbreaking
    2010-08-27 07:46 AM
    Ok. So despite my fright, and thanks to Cupurica insisting I try it... I went ahead and Jailbroke my phone tonight.

I HAVE made a video, its in the process of compressing (hoping my IShowu HD) doesn't crash because it has before and it crashs quite frequently, and it was a 20 minute video since I had to follow all the steps.

For now I have screenshots of my iphone / itunes that I took before and after.

I have NEVER jailbroken my phone before, I NEVER had Tinyumbrella (I honestly don't think it's needed) I think the process of downgrading only happens with the redirect (since apple isn't able to verify anything) and with choosing the firmware you want (I chose 4.0.1) instead of relying on a backup you've previously made.

http://michaelcantu.com/jailbreakme/IMG_1270.PNG
    http://michaelcantu.com/jailbreakme/Picture%201.png
    http://michaelcantu.com/jailbreakme/Picture%202.png
    http://michaelcantu.com/jailbreakme/IMG_0001.PNG
    http://michaelcantu.com/jailbreakme/IMG_0002.PNG

YES! I HAVE DONE IT!!

To my amazment, i have officially downgrade my bran new iphone 3GS on 4.0.2 NEVER BEEN JAILBROKEN OR BACKED UP ANY SHSH FILES!!! to 4.0! My hopes were not high but i actually did it, heres how! (might be different for other i devices)

1. Open tiny unmbrella and it will locate your device. (idevice pluged in of course..) hit SAVE MY SHSH files and then it will confirm it has saved em.

2. Search for the file "system32" in your computer from the start menu, and go in t the drivers folder, then "etc" folder and open the "host" file in word pad running as administrator.

3. make the file look like this where it says "local host";

127.0.0.1 localhost
    ::1 localhost
    74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com

then save it.

4.now put in DFU or recovery mode by holding both the power and home button at the same time until the screen goes black then let go of the power button and wait until itunes recognizes it in itunes

5.HOLD "SHIFT" and hit restore in itunes and wait!

(MAKE SURE TO DELETE THE NUMBERS YOU ADDED TO THE HOST FILE OR YOU WONT BE ABLE TO UPDATE VIA ITUNES IN THE FUTURE!!)

DONE. Hit up JAILBREAK ME .com and BAM. Im STOKED i dont have to wait until 4.1 and they release a new jailbreak. anyone running a 3GS, 4.0.2 TRY THIS IT WILL WORK. I am so glad i dont have to wait until the new firmware!! happy jailbreaking
    For the record, anyone else thats trying this. I DID NOT save my shsh with tinyumbrella...

Mike,

I am also using Mac, just take a look on earlier messages from me where I have explained all process.
    Notice that Mac also have host file, just check to correct path.

When you upgrade or downgrade the 3GS, iTunes contact Apple, so you are unable to do it.
    So, editing the host file is a work around and as I have never JB these 2 iPhones, was being used by friends in Japan, they never JB'd because were using the original SoftBank carrier. This mean Cydia could never have he SHSH from these phones.
    Maybe you can redirect the IPs to localhost and maybe it works, who knows? You can try it, I didn't because it worked, so stop trying to move the world backwards, it happened and you can't stop something that already happened, understand???
    Cupurica, thank you so much, your steps definitely helped.
    Last edited by XMike24; 2010-08-27 at 08:45 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-08-27 08:45 AM
146 ... 45678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD