Is this possible? I have the 6.x boot loader but want to go back to 3.1.2 (3.1.3 lost my ability to send MMS messages and has just been much more difficult to deal with). Thanks for any info.

...Brad
    2010-08-30 10:16 AM
    Is this possible? I have the 6.x boot loader but want to go back to 3.1.2 (3.1.3 lost my ability to send MMS messages and has just been much more difficult to deal with). Thanks for any info.

...Brad
    The bootloader (6.2/6.4) refers to the bootloader on the baseband, not the main OS's bootloader (stage 1 or 2). It's irrelevant for downgrading the OS.

If you have a 3GS, you'll need your unique SHSH blobs for 3.1.2. You had to have run Umbrella or been jailbroken and selected "make my life easier, thanks!" before February 4th, 2010 to have them. Otherwise, you cannot downgrade, period. (If you have the blobs, grab them using Umbrella The Firmware Umbrella start up TSS Server in Umbrella and follow the 3G directions for downgrading below).

If you have a 3G, just put your device in DFU mode and click Restore in iTunes with Option held down (Mac) or Shift (Windows) and select the 3.1.2 IPSW. The restore will end with a 10xx error, that's normal, use Recboot, iRecover, Umbrella, etc. to kick your device out of recovery mode, and you're set.
    2010-08-30 10:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD