How to jailbreak
    2010-09-08 05:14 PM
    Keep fighting the good fight Sam. All these first time posters saying it works are nuts.

Idiot. I've been around here as long as you and this worked for me.

If you read the whole thread you may understand that my 3GS had NO blobs on file a week before this worked. During that week it sat, off, collecting dust.

Where sauriks server got the blobs from is the real question here, not how stupid us 'first time posters' are.
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker
    2010-09-08 07:01 PM
    What I'm saying is all the people who have said this works and have provided screenshots have all had blobs saved.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    People can have blobs saved and not even know it. I remember reading people can have blobs saved and downgrade a new iphone on 4.0.2.

I'm not 100% sure on this but i had a lot of shsh blobs saved on my old iphone. I broke it, got a new one, of course it was on 4.0.2, which there is no jailbreak for unless you have old bootrom and were already jailbroken. I had the old bootrom but obviously since it was new, it was never jailbroken. I randomly decided to try out a simple method:

- Put iphone into recovery
    - Shift + Restore
    - point it to a stock 4.0 firmware

It worked?!

I was shocked to say the least that it went through. One note it that i do have it pointing to sauriks servers too. Once i rejailbreak, after sync is done, i will check into cydia to see if any of my old blobs are there.(im not sure why they would be, figured they were connected to that specific phone. we'll see!)
    2010-09-08 07:04 PM
    Idiot. I've been around here as long as you and this worked for me.

If you read the whole thread you may understand that my 3GS had NO blobs on file a week before this worked. During that week it sat, off, collecting dust.

Where sauriks server got the blobs from is the real question here, not how stupid us 'first time posters' are.
    Where they came from is the real question indeed. An as yet unexplained mystery as to why 3GS users are batting 1.000.

But hey, easy on the name-calling! No need for that...in your case, reeko, you know perfectly well that your downgrade couldn't have happened without blobs being involved. The only real question on your mind, and the minds of many, is how did they get there?
    2010-09-08 07:16 PM
    im VERY curious to how they exactly work. Like i said, i downgraded a brand new 3GS from 4.0.2 to 4.0 . . .
    2010-09-10 10:14 PM
    Can anyone help 4.02 version to jailbreak must downgrade b4 we can jailbreak! Pls let me hv that step by step any robinhood around
    2010-09-11 05:39 AM
    As anticipated...

Now that 4.0.2 is no longer signed, Cydia is no longer producing magic blobs for 4.0.x firmwares.

I'm rather sure I know the hole used to sign those past magic blobs now. Let's just say SHSH blobs aren't as unique as we thought.
    2010-09-11 07:07 AM
    I'm dyin' to hear this one someday...
    2010-09-11 07:27 AM
    Tried it this morning on the iPhone 3GS, and it's working great !!! You can now downgrade from 4.0.2 firmware back to 4.0.1 or 4.0 and use jailbreak me to rejailbreak your iPhone and then you are back in the game. The process is a little tricky so follow all the steps.
    There is one site that helped me with this,
    MYIPHONE-UNLOCKED Your #1 Solution for Unlocking Your iPhone
    I hope this will help ...
    You should never pay for a jailbreak or unlock. The site you just posted is a scam.
    2010-09-12 09:10 PM
    Can someone tell me how I jailbreak my iPod touch when it is 4.0.2 ?
    2010-09-13 02:39 PM
    Yes.

Step 1: Google 'How to jailbreak iPod touch on 4.0.2' or search YouTube.
    2010-09-13 03:43 PM
131 ... 567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD