I found a new interesat post and for all that are at 4.0.2 and want to downgrate at this link is how to do that !
    How to: Downgrade iOS 4.0.2 to 4.0.1 / 4.0 Without SHSH Blobs [EXCLUSIVE]

I havent try it,i hope this realy works !
    2010-08-30 06:30 PM
    Okay, I can't tell if this would work as I have blobs saved. At least this one doesn't LOOK like a pipe dream, but can anybody comment if this actually does have a hope in hell?
    2010-08-30 07:20 PM
    Whoa! No way this is possible /sarcism
    2010-08-30 08:21 PM
    The method linked to here goes around all of the concerns that have been previously mentioned. The idea is to basically make a custom firmware that masquerades as 4.0.2, and that would therefore use a 4.0.2 SHSH.

I just don't have any way to know if it works...well, I COULD try it, but I don't know that I want to risk my device to it.

Questions I have would include if there is any kind of CRC check on a firmware before it's installed...anybody know?
    2010-08-30 08:49 PM
    Tried this with my ipad and it doesn't work, it does not "fool" itunes into thinking it is really 3.2.2. I did not redirect the host files however as I have SHSH so that wouldn't prove anything. I will have some iphones to test this on tonight maybe so will try them then, hopefully one of them will have no SHSH at all so I can do a better test. Something tells me though that this isn't going to work as Apple checks more than just the firmware build in the plists.
    2010-08-30 08:57 PM
    The way I read the method, the only reason they say to redirect the hosts file to Cydia is just in order to get it to save SHSHs in the future, not because it's required or that you're somehow magically bypassing the SHSH requirement.
    2010-08-30 09:01 PM
    The way I read the method, the only reason they say to redirect the hosts file to Cydia is just in order to get it to save SHSHs in the future, not because it's required or that you're somehow magically bypassing the SHSH requirement.
    That's how I read it too
    2010-08-30 09:04 PM
    This one at least has a hint of fact in it...it just remains to be seen if it really works. So far, nobody has reported that it has.
    2010-08-30 09:17 PM
    As soon as you start modifying or removing files inside an ipsw it will fail checksum and iTunes/idevice won't install it.
    2010-08-30 09:20 PM
    As soon as you start modifying or removing files inside an ipsw it will fail checksum and iTunes/idevice won't install it.
    And that answers my CRC question. Sounds like this method is DOA.

But wait...how is it that you can install custom firmwares on other devices, and iTunes doesn't kick them to the curb?

This is the n00b in me, so forgive my questions. There is simply still much I do not know.
    2010-08-30 09:23 PM
    Its just funny how a bunch of different "reputable" sources are reporting it although if you read closely they all say they haven't tried it. You think they would at least test these things first instead of getting people's hopes up.
    2010-08-30 09:26 PM
    We need someone to jailbreak the jailbreak it seems!
    2010-08-30 09:27 PM
    Whoa! No way this is possible /sarcism
    This is nothing like what you posted so chill out.
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.
    2010-08-30 09:27 PM
    Well, we all know the quality of "reporting" on the internet is spotty at best. Some places, such as here, still put quality ahead of sensationalism.
    2010-08-30 09:28 PM
    Tried this with my ipad and it doesn't work, it does not "fool" itunes into thinking it is really 3.2.2. I did not redirect the host files however as I have SHSH so that wouldn't prove anything. I will have some iphones to test this on tonight maybe so will try them then, hopefully one of them will have no SHSH at all so I can do a better test. Something tells me though that this isn't going to work as Apple checks more than just the firmware build in the plists.
    Dude all you need to do is download the firmware you want from where ever you want then just open itunes and hold alt when pressing restore and it will come up with a window where you can choose your ipsw that you want to restore it with.
    2010-08-30 09:45 PM
    Dude all you need to do is download the firmware you want from where ever you want then just open itunes and hold alt when pressing restore and it will come up with a window where you can choose your ipsw that you want to restore it with.
    What are you talking about?? Maybe you should re-read the thread again...
    2010-08-30 09:48 PM
    Yea I don't kno about this but I'll give it a try..I have a spare iPhone 4 on 4.02 fresh out the box..I'm reading articles and comments from other sites and some ppl say it only works for the 3GS
    2010-08-30 10:00 PM
    dont work iphone 4... got error 3194, unless i'm doing something wrong
    2010-08-30 10:03 PM
    And that answers my CRC question. Sounds like this method is DOA.

But wait...how is it that you can install custom firmwares on other devices, and iTunes doesn't kick them to the curb?

This is the n00b in me, so forgive my questions. There is simply still much I do not know.
    Custom firmwares work because the exploit that the jailbreak is using is built into the custom firmware. Custom firmwares use the 24kpwn exploit which uses a hole in the iboot to to bypass various firmware checks.
    2010-08-30 10:12 PM
    Just gave it a shot on my 3GS. Tried it from both fully booted and DFU mode. Both produced an error 3194.

iTunes even recognized the firmware as being 4.0.1 even though I had modified it as described. The firmware itself was apparently fine since I just got the 'ineligible build' error and not an error for problems with the firmware file itself.

I didn't try to edit the hosts file because I have SHSHs stored, so the restore would have went through, but not because of the described 'method'.
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.
    2010-08-30 10:16 PM
131 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD