Hello guys this is my first post on here and I feel that there is no other website best suited to help me. I'm not new to jailbreaking but I have been out of the loop for quite some time (since 3.1.2 was out! lol) I recently bought a 3gs brand new from Apple with 4.0.2 already on it so I'm assuming it has the new bootrom seeing how I was never able to fully determine that. My question is can I jailbrake/downgrade to 4.0.1 to jailbreak? If so how? I've heard different things all over that I can and I cant or I have to have shsh from a previous firmware. I have no shsh as of yet other than the one I saved recently with tiny umbrella which was 4.0.2 and I kept getting an error >> The Firmware Umbrella - v4.00.06 by semaphore >> Connect a device to continue... >> NOT running as administrator - Cannot listen on port 80! TSS Server will not work! >> Device Detected - Device: INVALID X.X.X (XXXX) Model: MC640LL/A Name: Cory’s iPhone Baseband: 05.13.04 - 6.4_M3S2 Any help would be greatly appriciated. Am I stuck till a new jailbreak comes out or is there anything I can do??
    2010-08-31 12:31 AM
    Same question.
    2010-08-31 01:06 AM
    Without SHSHs you cant downgrade. You also currently cant jailbreak on 4.0.2.

Sorry but youre stuck for now.
    2010-08-31 02:06 AM
    Metalhead and throne- Try the method on this link. It's worked for a lot of people including myself.
    2010-08-31 02:32 AM
    Alright thanks DB I'll give it a shot and we'll see what happens. As for the error on the tiny umbrella, any ideas??
    2010-08-31 06:49 AM
    Alright thanks DB I'll give it a shot and we'll see what happens. As for the error on the tiny umbrella, any ideas??
    The reason for the TU error is that you have to run the program as administrator.

By the way, did you try asking Cydia for your 4.0.1 SHSH? If you did and it said no, the Dough's link won't help you, but if it said yes, it will work.
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.
    2010-08-31 01:43 PM
    I am running the program as admin it still says that. Any other possible way??
    2010-08-31 02:11 PM
    I am running the program as admin it still says that. Any other possible way??
    It still gives the error "Not running as admin"? That's odd.
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.
    2010-08-31 02:15 PM
    I know it's weird believe me but I am running as admin for sure no question about it and it still pops the error but when I check it it says that my shsh is saved. But I can't run the TSS server any other ideas??
    2010-08-31 09:16 PM
    I know it's weird believe me but I am running as admin for sure no question about it and it still pops the error but when I check it it says that my shsh is saved. But I can't run the TSS server any other ideas??
    Just to clarify you right clicked on tinyumbrella and clicked run as admin? Also you need to check the advanced tab in tu then select what host you want to use whether it be cydia or local. Also do all of this before starting Itunes up and have the phone in dfu mode.
    This post infers no rights and is provided as is.

Click here to follow me on twitter
    2010-08-31 09:27 PM
    Yes everything is in order the host is cydia but my phone wasn't in dfu mode I'll try that and let you know thanks in advance!
    2010-08-31 10:16 PM
    Ok well I see that there's nothing I can do until the new JB comes out so I guess I'm in chillin status till that happens. By the way, does anyone know the status of said jailbreak?? Like how much longer the wait will be?? Thanks. Metal 4 ever
    2010-09-02 07:28 AM
    No one has heard any updates??
    2010-09-03 08:28 AM
    This is just embarrasing to ask but how do I know if I saved my SHSHs. I did pressed make my life easier on cydia back then on my iPhone but then I restored it to 4.0.2 so is there any chance of recovering my SHSHs ?
    2010-09-07 10:11 PM
    This is just embarrasing to ask but how do I know if I saved my SHSHs. I did pressed make my life easier on cydia back then on my iPhone but then I restored it to 4.0.2 so is there any chance of recovering my SHSHs ?
    Download tinyumbrella from here The Firmware Umbrella then connect your phone to it and click show me my saved shsh files.
    This post infers no rights and is provided as is.

Click here to follow me on twitter
    2010-09-07 10:14 PM
    Your stuck for now : (

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    2010-09-07 10:15 PM
    Metalhead and throne- Try the method on this link. It's worked for a lot of people including myself.
    First I'd like to say that i only joined this site so i can post this friendly comment. Video tutorial worked perfectly with no errors, i used a non Jailbroken iPhone3Gs 32GB on 4.02 and went into DFU mode exactly like the guy did it in the vid. And restored to 4.0. I was looking everywhere to jailbreak on 4.02, i was so close to giving up, until i decided to see if i can downgrade from 4.02, this site is awesome thanks. I cant remember how i found this site but thanks especially to Dough Boy for the vid. link. Hopefully more ppl will find this video helpful. Multiple Thumbs Up!
    2010-09-08 08:59 AM
    I'm close to giving up when i shift+leftclick restore it only gives me the option to restorn and update from the itunes server... help? I don't want apple to have my testis in a monkey wrench (
    2010-09-09 12:58 AM
    I'm close to giving up when i shift+leftclick restore it only gives me the option to restorn and update from the itunes server... help? I don't want apple to have my testis in a monkey wrench (
    What device are you trying to downgrade? And what ios is it on?
    And have you downloaded the firmware restore from iPod, iPhone and iPad Firmware Download BTW i used/downloaded the iphone3gs 4.0 restore, and once i had 4.0 running on my device i was able to jailbreak/unlock my iphone with jailbreakme.modmyi.com
    Last edited by just4you; 2010-09-09 at 03:03 AM.
    2010-09-09 02:56 AM
    iphone 3gs 4.1
    I can't even choose what firmware to downgrade or upgrade
    2010-09-09 05:04 AM
43 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD