User Tag List

My questions is a little unique, looked around the forums and google but haven't found a clear answer.

I once saw a post which stated that a jailbroken iphone can be downgraded even without SHSH blobs. I tried looking for that thread again but I cannot find it.

I'm wondering if it is true that I can downgrade a jailbroken iphone running ios 4.0.1 to 3.1.3.

The reason being that, I have installed ios 4.0.x on all my friend's iphones and then jailbroken them. And with full customisations like winterboard themes and MyWi, ilocalis etc, the phone seem to sometimes automatically reboots or crashes. I blame the cydia apps I installed on it, but there is no way I can do without it. The problem happened on all ios 4.0.x iphones and the problem disappears once I downgraded them back to 3.1.3. But not all phones have shsh for 3.1.3 although all are jailbroken.
    2010-09-11 07:15 AM
    why can't you save the shsh files on cydia then downgrade?
    2010-09-11 03:33 PM
    My questions is a little unique, looked around the forums and google but haven't found a clear answer.

I once saw a post which stated that a jailbroken iphone can be downgraded even without SHSH blobs. I tried looking for that thread again but I cannot find it.

I'm wondering if it is true that I can downgrade a jailbroken iphone running ios 4.0.1 to 3.1.3.

The reason being that, I have installed ios 4.0.x on all my friend's iphones and then jailbroken them. And with full customisations like winterboard themes and MyWi, ilocalis etc, the phone seem to sometimes automatically reboots or crashes. I blame the cydia apps I installed on it, but there is no way I can do without it. The problem happened on all ios 4.0.x iphones and the problem disappears once I downgraded them back to 3.1.3. But not all phones have shsh for 3.1.3 although all are jailbroken.
    For 3G, you can downgrade to 3.xx without shsh blogs but for 3GS, you will need shsh blogs if you want to downgrade to any Stock firmware.
    2010-09-11 09:08 PM
    ic, so even on a jailbroken iphone 3gs, I still need shsh blobs in order to downgrade to the corresponding ios.

Hmm, i'm now wondering which cydia apps i installed which made the iphone 3gs unstable and keep rebooting itself. Maybe if i do away with that, ios4 wouldn't be a problem anymore.

i'll uninstall the cydia apps to a bare minimum, but i reckon it will at least have sbsettings, winterboard, infiniboard/dock, appsync etc
    2010-09-13 06:58 AM
    You may have the 4.0.1 SHSH file on store is you clicked the "make my life easier" button when you first JB with cydia. At least then you could restore to stock 4.0.1 and start from scratch.
    2010-09-13 09:36 AM
    Yeah, i know i can restore to 4.0 as I have the SHSH for that, but 4.0 seems to crash and forget my customisations on occassionally. I mentioned above that once I revert back to 3.1.3 on my other iphone 3gs, the crashes ceased. Just that this particular iphone doesn't have 3.1.3 shsh stored.
    2010-09-13 02:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD