hi guys same issues stupidly upgraded to 4.1 on my 3g. Now i've downgraded it to 3.1.2 and jailbroken it but my wifi isn't working. anyone encounter something like this?

edit: alright this is weird. when i go to wifi in settings and switch it on i'm not able to get any signal but when i open cydia a screen pops out with a network for me to connect. i guess my wifi receiver(is there such a thing) is getting really weak signals. Anyway to fix this? sorry for sidetracking this thread but i got this far all thanks to the posters here.
    Last edited by Charvy; 2010-09-19 at 11:35 AM.
    2010-09-19 11:31 AM
    Cengizhanbinhattab
    2010-09-21 07:26 PM
    alright i jailbroke 4.1 using the new release of redsn0w. It was EXTREMELY easy and a no brainer. this being my first jailbreak, I was happy to see it was a simple point-and-click for dummies.

One thing though is the first time i opened cydia i got a notification tha cydia could save my phones id for me ( i guess this is the SHSH blobs or whatever) and i accidently pushed "deny". Does anyonw know how i can get that option again and do that?

I also read that 3G (not 3GS) models dont need to save SHSH blobs and can always downgrade. Can anyone confirm this? and if it is true, is there other reasons / benefits for saving blobs other than being able to downgrade in the future?
    2010-09-23 05:02 AM
    alright i jailbroke 4.1 using the new release of redsn0w. It was EXTREMELY easy and a no brainer. this being my first jailbreak, I was happy to see it was a simple point-and-click for dummies.

One thing though is the first time i opened cydia i got a notification tha cydia could save my phones id for me ( i guess this is the SHSH blobs or whatever) and i accidently pushed "deny". Does anyonw know how i can get that option again and do that?

I also read that 3G (not 3GS) models dont need to save SHSH blobs and can always downgrade. Can anyone confirm this? and if it is true, is there other reasons / benefits for saving blobs other than being able to downgrade in the future?
    3G models don't need blobs to physically downgrade versions of software on the NOR flash memory, unlike the 3GS and later, which the processor explicitly requires all IMG3 files to be signed to do any overwrites. However, for all firmwares 4.0 and later, SHSH blobs are needed for the device's iBoot software to allow the install to complete.

So, you'll always be able to downgrade to 2.0-3.1.3 on your 3G without blobs. Anything 4.0 or later, you'll need blobs. However, you'll always be jailbreakable, because iBoot can be downgraded to a version that doesn't check for SHSH blobs and is exploitable for 24kpwn or Pwnage.

If you use Tinyumbrella to manually save your SHSH blobs locally and you select the source as Cydia, that should also back them up with Cydia, and will instruct Cydia to attempt to automatically obtain future blobs as they become available.

EDIT: You probably will never see the make my life easier request again. Try the manual blob retrieval through Umbrella, that's IMO your best shot to get a backup with Cydia.
    Last edited by Orby; 2010-09-23 at 05:36 AM.
    2010-09-23 05:27 AM
    @ indivisibleP,
    I do think you can....not a 100% sure, go to safari,type jailbreakme,com slide to jailbreak, from there it will reconize you already have Cydia,it will give u an option to reload cydia this time click "make my life easier" and save ur SHSH!! one more tip, on ur itune next time u plug up ur itune and it ask u to upgrade check do not ask me again....good luck!

by the way the redsn0w u use to j/b the 4.1 was it mac version or window? and what version were u able to downgrade to?
    Last edited by Neil001; 2010-09-23 at 05:40 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-09-23 05:40 AM
25 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD