Hey, just wanted to quickly check something. I've a 3GS on 3.1.3 jailbroken using Spirit, however on my last sync with iTunes it failed and something seems to have become corrupted. Now it gives me 2 options, sync as new phone (assuming this will cause a loss off apps, contacts, SMS, photos, etc?) or restore from a 2 month old backup...

I didn't do either, hoping to wait for 4.1 jailbreak, but now the majority of my apps are crashing upon opening, so I need a fix. My question is this, can I upgrade from 3.1.3 to 4.0.1 and jailbreak using JailbreakMe.com? I have SHSH blobs saved for 3.1.3, 4.0 and 4.0.1 according to Cydia. If this will work, what will I lose during the upgrade? And will I have to sync it as a new phone with iTunes before I can restore to 4.0.1?

Cheers
    2010-09-14 12:27 PM
    Since you all the shsh blogs with Cydia, you can restore to 4.0 or 4.0.1 through Cydia. Sync your iphone with Itunes first.
    You have to update Itunes to atleast 9.2
    Point your hosts file to Cydia by adding this line :
    74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com
    save it and reboots
    Now do the shift + Restore to 4.0 or 4.0.1
    Setup as a new Iphone when finished restoring , you don't want to do a backup restore because all your problems at 3.1.3 will be transferred to 4.0
    You have to sync back all Contacts, apps, music but sms and notes will be gone.
    2010-09-15 08:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD